Special offer: Sign up for satellite TV, get a free gun

Little-Acorn

I like this. Anything that points out that guns are an ordinary thing, no more horrifying than a hammer, saw, kitchen knife, or automobile, is good to have around in my opinion. Even people who aren't signing up for satellite TV, can see and note the sign.

But the best thing about offers like this, is that they really torque off the hysterics who are afraid of guns. Makes them turn strange colors, raises their blood pressure, etc. And all without harming a thing.

Personally, I prefer Taurus, Beretta, and Ruger, so I might pass on the gun and go for the pizza instead. But to each his (or her) own.

--------------------------------

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/2...za-with-satellite-tv-purchase/?iref=allsearch

Montana Radio Shack offers free gun or pizza with satellite TV purchase

The owner of the Radio Shack in Hamilton, Montana, says only one customer has responded negatively to his promotion.

Post by: CNN's Eliott C. McLaughlin
March 28th, 2011
02:44 PM ET

A Radio Shack owner in Montana has upped foot traffic at his Hamilton store by offering free guns for new satellite television subscribers, according to a local paper.

Fear not, those opposed to gun ownership and those who might fail background checks. You can have free pizza instead.

t1larg.radio.shack2.jpg

The sign says it all: “Protect yourself with Dish Network. Sign up now. Get free gun.” (The real marquee has no periods, so I took a little punctuative license.)

Owner Steve Strand told the Ravalli Republic that the promotion “really, really fits the Bitterroot Valley,” while manager Fabian Levy told the newspaper that the gimmick had “been really successful.”

Strand said the promotion, which began in October, has tripled his business and lured hundreds of people curious about the sign. Only one person who “didn’t understand how it works” has reacted negatively, he said.

“We have people literally stop in to take pictures of the sign,” Levy added.

Simply sign a contract, purchase certain equipment, set up an installation date and congratulations! You could be the proud owner of a Hi-Point .380-caliber handgun or a 20-gauge shotgun from Frontier Guns & Ammo, which is just north of town.

If you don’t want a gat or can’t pass the background check (which the Republic reports is also free with the satellite TV subscription), you can still have a $50 Pizza Hut gift card.

Strand told the newspaper that other Radio Shack owners in the state were too scared to follow his lead. Even Dish Network had its doubts but agreed to the idea after months of talks with Strand, the newspaper said.

“They've never had a gun promotion before, so they're a little nervous about it,” Strand said. “It's been an uphill battle with Dish.”

Werbung:
Werbung:
I knew it was going to be a Hi-Point handgun. As I was reading the article, I was thinking what sort of cheap handgun they were giving away, and my first thought was a Hi-Point. But, even a Hi-Point is better than a steak knife or cursing or trying to run and hide if an intruder breaks into your house.

And for those who aren't very good shots, there's always the 20-gauge shotgun option. Just aim near the bad guy and squeeze the trigger. :D

I prefer Ruger or S&W or AK or SKS or Remington.

Back