Stop drinking the cool-aid america

Barry The Engineer

People get so caught up in the noise the media and candidates are feeding us that we get distracted from our Nation’s true challenges. Cynically I believe this is by design. It amazes me how effective these distraction techniques are and how so many Americans can be so easily programmed. For example, why don’t we have “debates” on the top 10 issues facing America. Each debate would be one one and only one issue (so we hold 10 of them on different days). During a debate each candidate gets 20 minutes of uninterrupted time to describe in detail how they are going to address the critical issue being debated. Following the first 40 minutes (20 minutes each candidate), another 30 minutes would be to debate each other on this single issue. Moderators would participate to ensure equal time not to ask their own questions.
As the Farther of two children frankly I find the current system a little disheartening. However, I’m an optimist by nature and believe we will overcome. In this vain I started a blog that addresses real potential solutions to some of our Nation’s most crucial problems. I started on Healthcare and I’m working on Energy right now. The bottom-line is when you methodically analyze the problems, causes and solutions it really does not require a brain surgeon to define real solutions. America we need to stop drinking the cool-aid we are being fed and start thinking for ourselves. Most of us have good ethics and common sense we just need to exercise it.
It you would like to read my take on some real solutions to our problems visit my blog at : www.barrytheengineer.blogspot.com

Barry The Engineer

Werbung:
Werbung:
He also believes branding around stupid terms such as kool aid is going to change peoples opinions. Ah well, each to their own - but the use of obamabot hasn't endeared me to any McCain supporters but instead made me think they are using playground tactics.

Back