Study: "Liberals Are Less Tolerant Online"

Werbung:
Next time some teachers tell you they need more money for "the kids", tell them to improve their graduation rates first. I've never seen such ignorance being paraded.

I don't blame the schools as much as I blame their parents.

I don't blame the schools as much as I blame their parents.

Not me. America has always had bad parents, but we use to have good p-schools nationwide. It is not the parents fault the schools don't teach. Its the teachers, unions, administrators that are the problem. The whole set up of tenure and big salaries, seniority, benes, etc...must be changed. That and the complete lack of discipline in the p-schools. If strict discipline is instituted and expulsion used when necessary, things will change. Bring back the paddle and things will change.

Not me. America has always had bad parents, but we use to have good p-schools nationwide. It is not the parents fault the schools don't teach. Its the teachers, unions, administrators that are the problem. The whole set up of tenure and big salaries, seniority, benes, etc...must be changed. That and the complete lack of discipline in the p-schools. If strict discipline is instituted and expulsion used when necessary, things will change. Bring back the paddle and things will change.

There certainly always have been bad parent(s) but in the numbers we see today. Before the dems led the blacks down the path of dependance and killed the tradition of family in that community, which in turn killed the incentive that used to drive kids to success even in poor schools.

I do not discount the negative impact of unions but there are schools where parents still do demand more of their kids that excel.

My kid's high school is a terrific/terrible example as the numbers of active parents is rapidly declining and so the incoming kids are a shadow of the caliber of kids attending these last 3+ years my kid has been there. the senior class is the end of the line, I feel bad for the staff (generally pretty good) as they won't be seeing the same success any more.

I also blame parents more than teachers. Ditching unions needs to happen for many reaosns but that will not solve the issue.

Lib media does its usual dance and sadly many Americans get duped....

CBS This Morning on Tuesday highlighted a recent Pew Research poll that "
says politics is now making the Internet very unfriendly

....nine percent of social networking users say they've un-friend...or blocked someone whose politics they disagree with." But the morning show failed to mention that the poll explained that " liberals are the most likely...to block, unfriend, or hide."

While I agree with a lot of what you say, the parent is the first line of defense. It is a parents responsibility to see that their kids get educated. Unfortunately, most of these kids come from either fatherless homes or addicted homes. We have a huge problem in large cities with a dysfunctional society. I've worked with a lot of youth groups and even had to pull my own kids out of the public system. Not just because of the schools, but because of the influence of their peers.

Werbung:
While I agree with a lot of what you say, the parent is the first line of defense. It is a parents responsibility to see that their kids get educated. Unfortunately, most of these kids come from either fatherless homes or addicted homes. We have a huge problem in large cities with a dysfunctional society. I've worked with a lot of youth groups and even had to pull my own kids out of the public system. Not just because of the schools, but because of the influence of their peers.

It IS the parents responsibility, but parents today are not much different than parents of yesterday. Think of your parents, grandparents and great grandparents. Were they any more involved in their children's education than parents today? I think most were not. Most were busy trying to support themselves and their families. Yet, the p-schools excelled at teaching America's children. Allowing poor children the opportunity to succeed in America. Most poor children today are destined to a life of failure because they are unable to read or write effectively and can't think. This is particularly true since high paying manufacturing jobs have disappeared.

The p-schools use to be the great equalizer. Not any more. A permanent lower class has been developed and the p-schools are primarily to blame.

Many parents do not even speak English now and in the past. How could they be involved in their children's education? My wife's parents were immigrants. She went to kindergarten unable to speak English, because it was never spoken in the home. This was not uncommon and still isn't. She ultimately excelled.

Discipline is the key and it is completely missing in the p-schools. Without strict discipline, children will not learn. The rules need to be clearly spelled out and STRICTLY enforced. Expulsion for bad behavior imposed when required by the rules. Then, children with disinterested parents will be forced to learn rather than run wild as they do today.

What I am purposing existed in the p-schools for decades up until the unions gained power and control in the 1970s. It worked then. It will work now.

What the teaching establishment has done to America's children is disgraceful and deceitful. They are to blame. No one else but them!!!

Back