Stunning: Democrats ignore their own voters, declare a failed bill "passed"

Little-Acorn

As has been mentioned elsewhere, the Democrats' platform for their National Convention was significantly changed from previous years. They removed all mention of God, removed any mention that Jerusalem was the capital of Israel, and several other changes. A nationwide furor was kicked up, and apparently they had hasty meetings just before the convention kicked off, and decided they had to put those things back in.

Apparently this is normally done by having the convention delegates vote on them, and a 2/3 vote is needed to modify the platform at the convention. So they drew up some amendments that would put those things back into the platform, and put them up on a big screen, and read them to the delegates.

Convention chair Antonio Villariagosa (Democrat mayor of Los Angeles, aka Tony Villareconquista) then called for the delegates to vote on the amendments. Strangely, he did this on NATIONAL TV, and several media outlets broadcast the entire proceedings. He pointed out to the delegates that a 2/3 vote was needed to pass the amendments and put the words back into the platform.

Then he proclaimed, "All delegates in favor of passing these amendments, please say AYE." A number of voices could be heard saying "Aye!". Then he said, "All delegate who oppose these amendments, please say NO." A lot of voices said "No,", and the volume was clearly louder than the "Ayes" had been. Villariagosa started to routinely recite, "In the opinion of the Chair, the Ayes..."... and then he cut himself off, and looked confused.

He said, "Let's do that again. All delegates in favor, please say AYE." Voices could be heard saying "Aye", louder this time. He then said, "All those opposed, please say NO." Many voices said "No", equally loudly as the "Ayes" this time.

Villariagosa looked vexed, and gazed vacantly around at the hallway for a moment, looking very confused. Then he consulted with someone who came running out of the wings, and she could be heard saying something like, "You have to let them do what they want."

Villariagosa then said into the microphone, "Okay, let's do this again. All delegates in favor of these amendments, signify by saying AYE.", The same chorus of voices could be heard saying "Aye". He then said, "All those opposed, please say NO". Another chorus of voices said "No", again clearly with equal volume of the "Ayes". Unfortunately, Villariagosa had already pointed out that a 2/3 vote was needed to pass them, which should have sounded noticeably louder than the "Nos". But that didn't happen.

So after this third failed vote, Villariagosa simply announced, "In the opinion of the chair, the measures have passed, and will be adopted!"

Booing broke out in the hall, but the Democrat leaders simply ignored it, and went on to the next part of the convention.

I've never seen such an astonishing "proceeding". Clearly the Democrat leaders have nothing but contempt for their delegates, and zero interest in any kind of Democratic process, despite their party name. They simply want to impose whatever they themselves think is best, on the rest of the voters, regardless of the voters' clearly stated votes to the contrary.

I have to wonder:

If these Democrat leaders are so clearly OK with ignoring the will of the voters on National TV on Sept. 5, and proclaiming their measures to be "passed" even when they clearly lost the vote....

What are the chances they will be just as content to ignore the will of the voters on National TV on Nov. 6 when they lose THAT vote, and proclaiming themselves to be the winners of the Presidential election even when they have clearly lost then also?

The actual vote on platform amendments, begins at about 1:45 in this clip:

Werbung:
Gov. Strickland of Ohio was the one proposing the amendment and he looked mortified when it was voted down. I wonder how many Democrats will change parties after this fiasco.

Gov. Strickland of Ohio was the one proposing the amendment and he looked mortified when it was voted down. I wonder how many Democrats will change parties after this fiasco.
I think the bigger question may be ... how many democrats like the good Gov. Strickland believe they still belong to the Democrat Party of Bill Clinton and fail to realize they are actually supporting the Communist Democrat Party of B. Hussein Obama.

Obviously by the surprised look on Gov. Strickland's face, he himself is unaware of this fact. But, then again, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to see once again another democrat who was uninformed!

interesting defense of his actions from Villawhatever

“It was a lot of ado about nothing,” the mayor said Friday. Villaraigosa said that when reporters told him after the vote that they did not clearly hear two-thirds support, he responded, “That’s nice to know. I was the chairman and I did, and that was the prerogative of the chair.”
http://www.latimes.com/news/politic...ention-photos-20120907,0,6597084.photogalleryVillaraigosa noted that any delegate who objected to the process could have made a formal challenge within 10 minutes of the vote.

“Not one person objected. It’s more a media concern than a delegate concern. I can tell you this — the president of the United States said, ‘Wow.’ The president said, ‘You showed why you were speaker of the California Assembly,’” Villaraigosa said. “The president, the vice president, Mrs. Obama, all of them acknowledged the decisive way I handled that.”

so its decisive to ignore the rule to obtain the desired outcome. used to be another word for it...

interesting defense of his actions from Villawhatever
so its decisive to ignore the rule to obtain the desired outcome. used to be another word for it...

Villawhatever is an @$$, and the mayor of Los Angeles. Another Democrat narcissist. The other word for his decisive decision is called "VOTER FRAUD" which is second nature to these people.

Villawhatever is an @$$, and the mayor of Los Angeles. Another Democrat narcissist. The other word for his decisive decision is called "VOTER FRAUD" which is second nature to these people.

that was the most painfully bad convention I've ever seen. the Dem pipeline is dry leadership is nowhere to be found.

that was the most painfully bad convention I've ever seen. the Dem pipeline is dry leadership is nowhere to be found.

It was terrible. Even their lap dog media thought all the rantings about abortion and birth control was over the top. Then along with their mantra of "Republicans's war on women" they brought in Ted Kennedy, and Bill Clinton. They were missing John Edwards though.

Werbung:
It was terrible. Even their lap dog media thought all the rantings about abortion and birth control was over the top. Then along with their mantra of "Republicans's war on women" they brought in Ted Kennedy, and Bill Clinton. They were missing John Edwards though.

the inmates have taken over the asylum

Back