"Supporting The Troops"; Corporate-Style

Mr. Shaman

"The burden on private companies is causing them to discriminate against reservists and guardsmen, says Ted Daywalt, president of Vet Jobs.com. Such discrimination would be illegal and it is hard to prove, but "You can prove it to a point," says Daywalt. "There are surveys done that show that upwards of 70 percent of the employers won't hire a person who's active in the Guard and Reserve."
Maybe it's time to rescind some o' those pre-War tax-cuts.

Werbung:
We had plenty of troops and hardware to take Saddam out, right? This would have been a fair assumption to begin with and even though it took some time to locate Saddam, seemed correct.

Controlling the country and securing the oil-producing infrastructure was a different story though. The only way to do this was to call up the reservists, all of them, for tours YEARS in length. Oh yea, we also had to change the mission, just a little.

We were sold the idea that we were searching for WMD, securing Iraq to establish a democratic form of government and seeking to stabilize the area to protect US interests.

What we have is an on-going war-expense of $12 billion per month, 4000+ American dead (tens of thousands with life-changing wounds), 600,000 to 1,000,000 Iraqi dead (depending on who you believe) and no end in sight.

What if we had spent a few billion taking Saddam out, brought our boys/girls home, left the reservists home with their families and just bought 240 million barrels of Iraqi oil for about $50/barrel?

Iraq would have gotten to build their own new government with the knowledge that we had no problem taking the last bad guy out (in DAYS from a practical standpoint), we get cheap oil for YEARS and a few million people simply go on with their lives for the same bottom line cost. Who makes the money though?

Oh yea, who are we spending that $12 billion per month with anyway? I bet they made a "profit" who ever THEY are.

The US Oil Companies earned record-breaking profits in the TRILLIONS during the most challenging time in history for oil production, right? 2 wars, biggest hurricanes ever...., right? How? Just by adding about $2 per gallon in selling price? Really? Is this what happened? Is it important to know?

It took FEMA a week to get busses into New Orleans and our Congress designed, wrote and passed this last minute bail out plan in just a couple of weeks? Somebody will earn “profits” from this, right? Who? Is it important to know?

The trillions being spent on the war and not being spent in Iraq. They are being spent buying materials and services from corporate suppliers. The only thing Iraq has to sell is oil. And selling that oil could easily fund rebuilding Iraq. Right? Why isn’t this being done/discussed? Who stands to make “profits” continuing as we are? Is it important to know?

Someone please explain this to me. I honestly want to know. My 9 year old thinks it pretty obvious.

Back