Survival-Of-The-Richest; An American-Tradition

Mr. Shaman

"The study adds to a growing body of evidence that shows how poverty afflicts children's brains. Researchers have long pointed to the ravages of malnutrition, stress, illiteracy and toxic environments in low-income children's lives. Research has shown that the neural systems of poor children develop differently from those of middle-class children, affecting language development and "executive function," or the ability to plan, remember details and pay attention in school.

Though the effects of poverty are reversible, children need "incredibly intensive interventions to overcome this kind of difficulty," says Susan Neuman, an education professor at the University of Michigan."
.....Or, breakfast, for those in-need.

Granted, it might cost the 1%ers a third vacation-home....but, I'm sure they'll survive such tragic-scenerios. :rolleyes:

Werbung:
.....Or, breakfast, for those in-need.

Granted, it might cost the 1%ers a third vacation-home....but, I'm sure they'll survive such tragic-scenerios. :rolleyes:

Why do you feel entitled to take other people's money?

Rob, he feels entitled to take what others work hard for because he's lazy. Want to bet he hasn't donated any time or money to anyone in need for years?...perhaps his entire life? It's called a "loser attitude".

Why do you feel entitled to take other people's money?
Well....someone's gotta make long-term-investments (in the U.S.), and it might-as-well be those who've profited-most from living in such an environment.

Think of making such investments a users'-fee.

Granted, not only the Anglo Prom-Kings/Queens will benefit, but...do you really care what color/ethnicity a person is, who's improved life in the U.S.?? :confused:

Rob, he feels entitled to take what others work hard for because he's lazy. Want to bet he hasn't donated any time or money to anyone in need for years?...perhaps his entire life? It's called a "loser attitude".
I'll defer to a patriotic-1%er.

"The estate tax is an appropriate mechanism for those with great wealth to pay back the society that created a fertile ground for prosperity."

Bull. The study is flawed and is being strongly questioned by others in the field. There is a theme being promoted, to all of our Nations detriment. That theme is that money can buy you anything and it can solve all problems. It's just not that simple!!

Those like Sham, who are lazy, latch onto any "excuse" for their failure, except the most glaring one, themselves. It's much easier to simply blame "the rich".

To assume that because you are born in a poor family that you cannot succeed is ridiculous! Think a little about this assumption. There are many, many examples of people raised in financially poor environments who worked hard and succeeded!

Abe Lincoln
Thomas Edison (his older siblings all died before he was born because of harsh winters)
Oprah
Maya Angelou

The list goes on and on.

Children who enter school with the best chance to succeed have PARENTS who READ to them often and consistently. Their PARENTS interact with them and TEACH them everyday.

There is no reason, other than poor parenting, for a child to starve in the States. There are plenty of systems out there to help them.

you obviously need alot more hard, specific evidence to prove the correllation there...
i agree with uon, the issue really is just poor parenting. furthermore because most of the poverty you speak of could have easily been avoided if their parents had made better decisions. yeah granted, everybody knows the economy is in the crapper, but still, when you have a kid, you obviously need to think about setting up their childhood in a productive and enlightening enviornment. i grew up in a house with 8 other brothers and sisters, all from my own parents. my mother was a homemaker and my father supported all 11 of us with a less than $25,000 a year income. and yet because we grew up in such a loving and family-oriented enviornment, our minds were able to develop effectively and well. all of my siblings are amazing people who now have good jobs and support families of their own.

Octavius, thank you for the great personal example. There are millions like us, as I did not come from money either. Sham is constantly trying to find excuses for his own failures in life. He would be better off to get off his *ss and DO something productive and positive.

Did you notice he didn't respond to "what he has contributed to others"?

haha thats true, but i'm not one to speak, as a highschooler i'm really in no position to critique others on their citizenship. but setting good examples for our youth is always a plus mr. shamsham

Ah Octavius, you have lots of years to do your "duty" for others. Myself, I didn't get involved with the homeless, disadvantaged and disabled until I was well out of school. The BEST thing you can do for others is make sure you strive every day to be your best!!!! Work hard on being the best YOU that you can be! In this way, everyone who is with you or loves you will benefit!

Ah Octavius, you have lots of years to do your "duty" for others. Myself, I didn't get involved with the homeless, disadvantaged and disabled until I was well out of school. The BEST thing you can do for others is make sure you strive every day to be your best!!!! Work hard on being the best YOU that you can be! In this way, everyone who is with you or loves you will benefit!

good advice, thanks, seriously

Werbung:
You quote a person's opinion as if it is the only opinion! LOL Get real sham. :rolleyes:
I figure Bill Gates Sr.'s opinion carries a little-more weight than your's. :rolleyes:

Too many big-words, in that website, for you?

Go ahead....struggle-thru it. There are plenty of rich people who recognize there are dues to-be-paid, in-order-to live in a civilized/progressive-country.

Back