Tasers - the latest craze!

The Scotsman

The general arming of the citizenry with tasers is considered a good thing huh? Taser parties for women seem to be all the rage it seems, I was just watching the news and it featured some lass in Denver hosting a taser party! Scarring the beejeebers out of a bunch of middle class women with tales of rampant rape and pillage happening outside their front doors, convincing these neuron challenged ladies that by purchasing a taser life will be rosey and safe!!??

If wal-mart came up with a handy sized battlefield nuclear weapon in a variety of trendy colours and cute matching accessories would Americans feel compelled to add them to your "must have" list? "Buy the 50 kiloton budget caesium special and get a free strawberry slurpy!! OR supersize up to the 100 kiloton super boomer mega walloper special edition and get $10 off your next plutonium refill pack!!"

Seriously though what's the attraction of having the general population all walking around with tasers? :rolleyes:

Werbung:
Seriously though what's the attraction of having the general population all walking around with tasers?

Same as having em all walk around with guns. An armed population is a polite population.

-Dr House
smokin.gif

Same as having em all walk around with guns. An armed population is a polite population.

So what then.... its rock paper taser assult rifle? That how it works now I guess you have to walk round with both?

Sorry heres the video from the BBC with thes gals playing with their electrical gadgets - I wonder what would happen if they were coupled with a vibrator??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/7390833.stm

Anything to reduce the number of rapes murders and abductions. More dead or hurt criminals, less dead or hurt innocent civilians.

You'd think people would be appluading the move towards cheaper, non-lethal methods of self-defense.

Oh well.

You'd think people would be appluading the move towards cheaper, non-lethal methods of self-defense.

......or easier non-lethal ways for idiots to commit crimes, but I'm sure only law abiding citizens will have access to this delightfully benign technology.

As the nice gushing middle class lady said in the video she would'nt carry a gun but she would carry a taser so all of sudden you have a new class of people walking around armed and because its non-lethal.

Don't you get concerned that with the removal of the restraint factor one has with a weapon its general use will rise! if its percieved to be "safe" those non-gushing less palatable members of your society will be happier to just tasering their way into your life.....aawww well its your country and I'm sure that's what you all want!

Don't you get concerned that with the removal of the restraint factor one has with a weapon its general use will rise! if its percieved to be "safe" those non-gushing less palatable members of your society will be happier to just tasering their way into your life.....aawww well its your country and I'm sure that's what you all want!

No, I tend not to spend all my time worrying about people lurking around the corner with weapons. Nor do I worry about bridge trolls.

You gonna go after Mace next?

Oh well.

A move toward fewer criminals, rapists, murders and muggers getting hurt? No, not really. I applaud any reduction in innocent people getting hurt. One method is temporary, by allowing the criminal to try again, the other is permeant solution that removes the possibility of the criminal trying again. Dead people rape no one.

A move toward fewer criminals, rapists, murders and muggers getting hurt? No, not really. I applaud any reduction in innocent people getting hurt. One method is temporary, by allowing the criminal to try again, the other is permeant solution that removes the possibility of the criminal trying again. Dead people rape no one.

I am of course supportive of this line of reasoning.

My point, though, was that if you think criminals ought not to be killed in self-defense (which I guess is a valid enough belief, till you start foisting it on other people through gun control policies), you should applaud the move towards measures of self-defense that are less likely to kill them.

Werbung:
Back