Tea parties lose steam.. tea bags shrivel up

Popeye

As these 2 photos, one from east Tenn, the other from outside Dallas, demonstrate the tea parties were anything but wildly successful this past weekend.

The difference? The tea parties back in April were endorsed and promoted by the RNC and Faux News...neither was the case this past weekend. The result?..Lackluster crowds throughout the nation.

I think this proves once and for all that the April tea parties were nothing but partisan anti Obama events and nothing like the burgeoning movement teabaggers were claiming.

It also proves, one more time, that before the RW does anything it needs to be told what to do by Faux News...how pathetic is that?

33tvscreenshot.JPG
tennesseteaparty.JPG

Saturday, the turn-out in Harriman wasn't boiling over like organizers had hoped.

"I really do appreciate the ones who showed up. Maybe people needed better directions? Who knows why not that many showed up?" Phillips said

http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?S=10643823

In Parker, organizers expected 50,000 to attend this tea party, billed as the largest in the country but by mid-afternoon, only a fraction of that number actually showed up.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...ws/tv/stories/wfaa090704_lj_betz.bf88e2b.html

Werbung:
I did not hear of any around here, they should have made them BBQ tea parties. People were doing stuff with family and families are not always the same in politics. I think its sad it was not as big as the tax day parties, but hopefully they will get bigger or find another way to revolt.

Hey Popeye, I was watching Gretta Van Sustran and she showed some Tea Parties, there were a few in Washington D.C. and they were pretty dang big. So they did not peter out every place. Though obama probably wishes they would.

One of the problems with the original tea parties was that even though they organized the gathering, they did a poor job of turning it into a meaningful, substantive, rally. They should have had speakers at these events talking about alternatives and discussing intitiatives to educate the general public on the the risk/reward of other possibilites.

The problem, IMHO, is that very few people can really explain any of the alternatives and can only sling mud at the current proposed direction. We need to talk real numbers and real impact not just say it will be bad or good. We need to give families a formula so they can see what the difference would be, instead of just playing the scare tactic card.

Without substance, these emotion based events lose steam quickly.

One of the problems with the original tea parties was that even though they organized the gathering, they did a poor job of turning it into a meaningful, substantive, rally. They should have had speakers at these events talking about alternatives and discussing intitiatives to educate the general public on the the risk/reward of other possibilites.

The problem, IMHO, is that very few people can really explain any of the alternatives and can only sling mud at the current proposed direction. We need to talk real numbers and real impact not just say it will be bad or good. We need to give families a formula so they can see what the difference would be, instead of just playing the scare tactic card.

Without substance, these emotion based events lose steam quickly.

But as with what we get exposed to around here...the GOP hard wired screeching monkeys don't have a 'PLAN' they just stand on the sidelines; screech/scream/wail/cry and wait for the world to end...'DOOMS DAY LOOMS NEAR'. And as with the past election and now those overly hyped up 'TEA PARTIES' the republicans couldn't pull a crowd across this country if they gave away free tickets to Michael Jackson's Memorial Service ;) Their {GOP} base is just that apathetic :D

...The tea parties back in April were endorsed and promoted by the RNC and Faux News...neither was the case this past weekend. The result?..Lackluster crowds throughout the nation.

I think this proves once and for all that the April tea parties were nothing but partisan anti Obama events and nothing like the burgeoning movement teabaggers were claiming.

It also proves, one more time, that before the RW does anything it needs to be told what to do by Faux News...how pathetic is that?

Tea bagging was always just a staged stunt for the media.

It's very hard to keep something like that going. You can get people out on something like that a time or two but when they see they aren't changing a darn thing they lose enthusiasm real quick.

That's what made the Obama campaign so different & amazing. I met people that had been to 3, 4, 5 of his rallies. Heck I let two different campaign volunteer workers stay at my home as a free place to sleep, one came all the way from California the other was from Seattle. Good looking girls too... not that I was looking.;)

They paid all their own expenses back & forth to Ohio & for their own rental car... and also went to other states after they stayed up here with me.

There were probably at least 20 or 30 people doing this at any given time just here in Columbus. That's one city... think how many traveling volunteers that was nation wide!

The only thing the campaign paid for was food while they were working... which was like 12 hours a day 6 days a week, 6 on Sunday. Talk about into it... WOW!

And I was amazed at how many people from England paid their own way over & back just to volunteer. It was just amazing the dedication to try and help a good cause.

Don't know what happened in YOUR back yards, but the "Tea Party" run by the county GOP at the 4th of July Festival drew more people than any other booth that wasn't selling food, and more than 100 good old southern "Blue Dog" Democrats finally signed up for the GOP (THERE'S some "change" for you Obama!). We handed out more than 1500 pieces of literature, over 1000 bumper stickers, and had nearly that many signatures on various petitions!

Don't know what happened in YOUR back yards, but the "Tea Party" run by the county GOP at the 4th of July Festival drew more people than any other booth that wasn't selling food, and more than 100 good old southern "Blue Dog" Democrats finally signed up for the GOP (THERE'S some "change" for you Obama!). We handed out more than 1500 pieces of literature, over 1000 bumper stickers, and had nearly that many signatures on various petitions!

Hey Bob, Check out your rep.. You will be famous soon enough. You are in a class that only Andy and Gen are in.

Congrats!!

Hey Bob, Check out your rep.. You will be famous soon enough. You are in a class that only Andy and Gen are in.

Congrats!!

Thanks Pandora! I especially like it when someone tries to slam me in a rep report, and their spelling SUCKS!! ROTFLMFAO!!!!

It's really funny how the libs expect you to be so "civilized" when they're the most foul, hateful, loathsome creatures on the face of the planet! Truth is I got tired a long time ago of being nice to libtards only to have to listen to their lies and vitriol, so now I throw their own style of crap back at 'em as hard and fast as I can, and laugh my a$$ off when they howl!

Thanks Pandora! I especially like it when someone tries to slam me in a rep report, and their spelling SUCKS!! ROTFLMFAO!!!!

It's really funny how the libs expect you to be so "civilized" when they're the most foul, hateful, loathsome creatures on the face of the planet! Truth is I got tired a long time ago of being nice to libtards only to have to listen to their lies and vitriol, so now I throw their own style of crap back at 'em as hard and fast as I can, and laugh my a$$ off when they howl!

I am curious to know what happens once you are famous; I hope your color changes to blue or something cool. In all the time I have been here I have never seen any thing other than on a distinguished road for anyone. All the sudden Im surrounded by famous people :)

I read from multiple sources that 35,000 people showed up to the Dallas one.

Are you disputing the claim that the tea parties had nowhere near the turnout of April 15th?

I have not seen reports, so I have no idea if they did or not, I was just pointing out that the Dallas one was reported to have 35,000 people attend.

Werbung:
Back