Tell us about your dogs

dogtowner

Staff member
Teddy the terrier mix (possibly Havanera) is the baby. About 2 or 3 yrs. Looks like Benji, barks for no reason. Wife's dog.
Dixie the mastiff golden retriever is my dog. A runt but still 80+ lbs of sweetness and love. The leader of the 4 legged family members.
Rusty is the crotchety old man of the pack. A rather small miniature pinscher with naturally tall and straight ears (unusual). Kids dog.
And since I would have to get a kennel license to have more, I volunteer at the animal shelter.

Lots of love to be found at your local shelter if you need a dog. Shameless plug.

Werbung:
I have 2 dogs. Both are rescue dogs. I love them but I'm not super attached because they came into my life later in theirs. The oldest is half black lab half nefinlander and she is getting so old I feel bad for her. The second is half pug half German Shepard. When she came to live with me she was really really fat and her name was Roxy. It still is but I registered her with he name poekulous because she was so fat and it was right about the time obamas stimulus package was a big deal in the news so I named her after his stimulus package

Then I have this princess. More really a queen. She lets me sleep with her in her bed and let's me play video games in her chair. She is 17 pounds of perfectness :). She is part pug and part I don't know ... maybe catfish. She mows when she yawns and cleans herself like a cat does. And she is so spoiled that when I give her a rib bone. I have to hold it because she doesn't want to get her paws dirty

I have 2 dogs. Both are rescue dogs. I love them but I'm not super attached because they came into my life later in theirs. The oldest is half black lab half nefinlander and she is getting so old I feel bad for her. The second is half pug half German Shepard. When she came to live with me she was really really fat and her name was Roxy. It still is but I registered her with he name poekulous because she was so fat and it was right about the time obamas stimulus package was a big deal in the news so I named her after his stimulus package

Then I have this princess. More really a queen. She lets me sleep with her in her bed and let's me play video games in her chair. She is 17 pounds of perfectness :). She is part pug and part I don't know ... maybe catfish. She mows when she yawns and cleans herself like a cat does. And she is so spoiled that when I give her a rib bone. I have to hold it because she doesn't want to get her paws dirty
That's a hoot.
Tiny 8 lb Rusty ballooned up to about 15 lbs (he lives to eat) and is so lazy it's embarrasing. He expects to be carried to the door to get his business done at night and woe unto anyone getting between him and a treat. Expet to draw back a nub.
Back to his chunky days, he is still pretty big around ( he's supposed to look like a tiny doberman and he did when we got him) he must have stretched out his ribcage. One cranky dog.

Ah, rub some salt in my wounds. Wish I had one. When I retire, I will get one from the animal shelter.
I like that you want to get one from the shelter. My princess I got as a pup so the bond is really tight but I'd probably have bonded better with the two I rescued if not for the princess going into fits if I even pet them

That's a hoot.
Tiny 8 lb Rusty ballooned up to about 15 lbs (he lives to eat) and is so lazy it's embarrasing. He expects to be carried to the door to get his business done at night and woe unto anyone getting between him and a treat. Expet to draw back a nub.
Back to his chunky days, he is still pretty big around ( he's supposed to look like a tiny doberman and he did when we got him) he must have stretched out his ribcage. One cranky dog.
Wow did the dog ever lose the weight? My vet said it can kill a dog if they get too fat. The two rescue dogs life to eat but princess won't eat or drink till I come home and even then only nibbles. But she likes people food better and is always hoping to get it.

Wow did the dog ever lose the weight? My vet said it can kill a dog if they get too fat. The two rescue dogs life to eat but princess won't eat or drink till I come home and even then only nibbles. But she likes people food better and is always hoping to get it.
Yeah he's down to 7.5 where he should be but still looks heavier.

I like that you want to get one from the shelter. My princess I got as a pup so the bond is really tight but I'd probably have bonded better with the two I rescued if not for the princess going into fits if I even pet them
Dixie is so jealous. Will place herself between me and even her brothers if I scratch them. Gets hurt when I come home smelling of other dogs. No such thing as too much attention for her. But I oblige.

We have had Pomeranians for the last 40 years and we love them. We had to have the last one euthanised when he went into kidney failure at the age of 13, otherwise, he would have accompanied us one more time (the 6th time) on our annual trip to vacation in Europe.

We thought we would never have another dog, we gave all his belongings away, and left for our vacations with a heavy hard. About 6 weeks later, still on vacation in Belgium, we realised that both, my husband and I were doing a search on internet to see pictures of pomeranians. . .we hadn't talked about doing it. . .we just did it separately.

A week prior to returning to South Carolina, we both found a small black pomeranian rescue, and we fell in love. The day we got back there, we made contact with the rescue center (it happened to be only 60 miles from our home), and arranged to visit the dog.

We took our neighbours with us, and we all fell in love. The pup was uncharacteristically quiet and silent, but he adopted us directly, jumping into our car and settling in between us. It took 3 days before we heard him make a noise (which is amazing, because Pomeranians are usually noisy little things). In fact, we thought someone might have cut his vocal cord. But when on the 4th day a large dog came to our door, our little PRINCE barked a couple of times, then went back to his favorite spot and ignored the intruder.

Because of his quiet disposition and his love for cuddling, he has been a big help to my husband who suffers from very high blood pressure. In fact, we noticed that anytime Jerry cuddled the pup, his blood pressure was noticeably lower, up to 3 points lower! We talked to Jerry's doctor about it, and he was not surprised. He even gave us a prescription for a service dog, so that Prince could get his service dog certificate and accompany my husband everywhere.

He is still our little love, very happy, very loving. . .although tonight, precisely, he seems to have some pain in his abdominal area, so we will take him to the vet tomorrow to check this out.

Here is his picture:
IMG_1588.JPG IMG_1588.JPG

It seems we have one thing in common: You have a Princess, and I have a Prince! :)

We have had Pomeranians for the last 40 years and we love them. We had to have the last one euthanised when he went into kidney failure at the age of 13, otherwise, he would have accompanied us one more time (the 6th time) on our annual trip to vacation in Europe.

We thought we would never have another dog, we gave all his belongings away, and left for our vacations with a heavy hard. About 6 weeks later, still on vacation in Belgium, we realised that both, my husband and I were doing a search on internet to see pictures of pomeranians. . .we hadn't talked about doing it. . .we just did it separately.

A week prior to returning to South Carolina, we both found a small black pomeranian rescue, and we fell in love. The day we got back there, we made contact with the rescue center (it happened to be only 60 miles from our home), and arranged to visit the dog.

We took our neighbours with us, and we all fell in love. The pup was uncharacteristically quiet and silent, but he adopted us directly, jumping into our car and settling in between us. It took 3 days before we heard him make a noise (which is amazing, because Pomeranians are usually noisy little things). In fact, we thought someone might have cut his vocal cord. But when on the 4th day a large dog came to our door, our little PRINCE barked a couple of times, then went back to his favorite spot and ignored the intruder.

Because of his quiet disposition and his love for cuddling, he has been a big help to my husband who suffers from very high blood pressure. In fact, we noticed that anytime Jerry cuddled the pup, his blood pressure was noticeably lower, up to 3 points lower! We talked to Jerry's doctor about it, and he was not surprised. He even gave us a prescription for a service dog, so that Prince could get his service dog certificate and accompany my husband everywhere.

He is still our little love, very happy, very loving. . .although tonight, precisely, he seems to have some pain in his abdominal area, so we will take him to the vet tomorrow to check this out.

Here is his picture:
View attachment 868 View attachment 868
It seems we have one thing in common: You have a Princess, and I have a Prince! :)
I was thinking the same thing. And a basic love for dogs. I don't trust anyone who doesn't love dogs

Werbung:
I've seen videos and read stories about dogs that are more humane than humans :). But I'm not crazy about cats. I usually don't trust them
Dogs are pack animals so they instinctively support the pack.

Cats are not.

We have two more than the none I would prefer. Olive "followed" the offspring home and was unusually good for a cat. But everything she vocaliber is a demand and begins or ends with the term for a female dog. Cooper is the least graceful cat the world has ever known.

Back