The australian goverment has raised the minimum wage by 2.4%

Zanna

Werbung:
It's small increase but it's a step in the right direction anyway. I think that wages should go up with inflation. But since they don't, within a year I believe inflation will cancel out that wage hike.

BIG Rob. Australia as the first country to bring in a basic wage. It is now near $!8 n hour much higher than in most other countries> I agree it should go up with inflation and the cost of living..

I think it's good that the minimum wage has been raised. I'm an Aussie but with an American husband, and he was shocked when he was in Australia at the price of things - a meal at a restaurant, or a pair of jeans, for instance - so despite the Aussie wage in dollar terms seeming high to people not in Australia, it's not actually all that much. Honestly, try and go out for breakfast in Australia at a café and get a couple of meals and a couple of coffees. I feel like it's about triple the cost of what it would be in the States for the same thing!

It's good news for people on minimum wage and hopefully it helps them!

Werbung:
I think it's good that the minimum wage has been raised. I'm an Aussie but with an American husband, and he was shocked when he was in Australia at the price of things - a meal at a restaurant, or a pair of jeans, for instance - so despite the Aussie wage in dollar terms seeming high to people not in Australia, it's not actually all that much. Honestly, try and go out for breakfast in Australia at a café and get a couple of meals and a couple of coffees. I feel like it's about triple the cost of what it would be in the States for the same thing!

It's good news for people on minimum wage and hopefully it helps them!
But all it will do is raise the already high cost higher. It accomplishes nothing.

Back