The Great Ann Coulter

Gipper

This is just great writing. Not only is she right, but the way she dumps on liberals is priceless. Plus she is beautiful unlike all the dogs on the left.

And yeah, Afghan War is Obummer's war now. I thought what Steele said was right. Its time to go, but Dems are too tied to their ideology to admit this is a waste of time.

Yes, Bush invaded Afghanistan soon after 9/11. Within the first few months we had toppled the Taliban, killed or captured hundreds of al-Qaida fighters and arranged for democratic elections, resulting in an American-friendly government.

Then Bush declared success and turned his attention to Iraq, leaving minimal troops behind in Afghanistan to prevent Osama bin Laden from regrouping, swat down al-Qaida fighters and gather intelligence.

Having some vague concept of America's national interest -- unlike liberals -- the Bush administration could see that a country of illiterate peasants living in caves ruled by "warlords" was not a primo target for "nation-building."

By contrast, Iraq had a young, educated, pro-Western populace that was ideal for regime change.

If Saddam Hussein had been a peach, it would still be a major victory in the war on terrorism to have a Muslim Israel in that part of the globe, and it sure wasn't going to be Afghanistan (literacy rate, 19 percent; life expectancy, 44 years; working toilets, 7).

At this point, Afghanistan is every bit as much Obama's war as Vietnam was Lyndon Johnson's war. True, President Kennedy was the first to send troops to Vietnam. We had 16,000 troops in Vietnam when JFK was assassinated. Within four years, LBJ had sent 400,000 troops there.

In the entire seven-year course of the Afghanistan war under Bush, from October 2001 to January 2009, 625 American soldiers were killed. In 18 short months, Obama has nearly doubled that number to 1,124 Americans killed.

Republicans used to think seriously about deploying the military. President Eisenhower sent aid to South Vietnam, but said he could not "conceive of a greater tragedy" for America than getting heavily involved there.

So for the entire course of the magnificently successful war in Iraq, all we heard from these useless Democrats was that Iraq was a "war of choice," while Afghanistan -- the good war! -- was a "war of necessity." "Bush took his eye off the ball in Afghanistan!" "He got distracted by war in Iraq!" "WHERE'S OSAMA?" and -- my favorite -- "Iraq didn't attack us on 9/11!"

Of course, neither did Afghanistan. But Democrats were in a lather and couldn't be bothered with the facts.

The above complaints about Iraq come -- nearly verbatim -- from speeches and press conferences by Obama, Joe Biden, and Obama's national security advisers Susan Rice and Richard Clarke. Also, the entire gutless Democratic Party. Some liberals began including them in their wedding vows.

(By the way, Democrats: WHERE'S OSAMA?)
http://www.anncoulter.com/

Werbung:
Ann Coulter isn't the only one on the right to turn against the war. Listen to Michael Savage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nREXjl0rxWo

That said, both of these clowns should have come out with this when both Iraq and Afghanistan were "Bush's wars". :mad:

StatesRights
Savage is a clown with no listeners.

Its apparent you both do not know what you are talking about.

First - Bush was smart enough to keep our presence in Afghan limited. BO is not that smart. BO has expanded our presence there and that is what some conservatives are upset about. So, you are wrong.

Second - Savage is the THIRD most listened to talk show host in America. He has over 8 MILLION listeners. So, you are wrong.
http://talkers.com/online/?p=267

Its apparent you both do not know what you are talking about.

First - Bush was smart enough to keep our presence in Afghan limited. BO is not that smart. BO has expanded our presence there and that is what some conservatives are upset about. So, you are wrong.

Second - Savage is the THIRD most listened to talk show host in America. He has over 8 MILLION listeners. So, you are wrong.
http://talkers.com/online/?p=267

who is first and second?

Rush is #1

but is hannity #2 or Glenn Beck?

I like Beck over Hannity

Werbung:
Yes, and what relevant stations is he on? Mark Levin is more intelligent and far superior in many ways to Savage.

Oh he is on a bunch of relevant stations. You don't get to 8 million listeners on irrelevant radio stations.

I like Savage, but I like Levin too. Anyone who espouses Conservative ideology is okay in my book. Conservatives need to stick together to defeat the barbarian liberal hordes.

Levin's book "Liberty and Tyranny" is fantastic. A must read for all REAL Americans.

Beck and Savage claim the 3 spot. Hannity is two. I prefer Beck, Savage, Rush, and Levine over Hannity. Hannity is a very good interviewer, but his monologues are too simplistic.

Back