The last five of the ten commandments

Dawkinsrocks

Are a bit of a nuisance for Christians in the US aren't they?

Here they are

Thou shalt not kill.

Oh dear. how many people does the US kill?

Millions in unprovoked warfare against other nations, state murder of innocent people on death row, genocide against native Americans, poverty at home etc

Thou shalt not commit adultery.

Now how many of you lot observe this one? Especially those of you who get the chance to go beyond coveting your neighbours ass?

Thou shalt not steal.

Unless you want some oil or minerals or money or people or land in which case you can just overlook this one

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

Unless your neighbour is Hugo Chavez or Fidel Castro or in fact anyone you don't like

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Unless your neighbour has oil in which case you can not only covet it but take it

Werbung:

Here they are

Thou shalt not kill.

Oh dear. how many people does the US kill?

Millions in unprovoked warfare against other nations, state murder of innocent people on death row, genocide against native Americans, poverty at home etc

Thou shalt not commit adultery.

Now how many of you lot observe this one? Especially those of you who get the chance to go beyond coveting your neighbours ass?

Thou shalt not steal.

Unless you want some oil or minerals or money or people or land in which case you can just overlook this one

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

Unless your neighbour is Hugo Chavez or Fidel Castro or in fact anyone you don't like

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Unless your neighbour has oil in which case you can not only covet it but take it

Part of the problem is they ignore the first 4 of the ten that teach us how to love God. Without understanding and living the first 4 from the first tablet of stone, you wont understand how to live your life with the last 6 from the second tablet of stone.

Also its murder not kill

Part of the problem is they ignore the first 4 of the ten that teach us how to love God. Without understanding and living the first 4 from the first tablet of stone, you wont understand how to live your life with the last 6 from the second tablet of stone.

Also its murder not kill

its funny how often people intentionally avoid this point. agreed completely by the way.

I didn't write the things

It is written as kill everywhere I looked (including the bible) and nobody ever hears that commandment as thou shalt not murder

You have made that up because in the kill version it massively inconveniences your death lust

And by the way, there are 7,8,9 and 10 that need redacting too

Do you really think Christians in the US are different than Christians elsewhere? Do Christians elsewhere always abide by the Ten Commandments?

All humans are sinners...even YOU. We Christians strive to live by the Ten Commandments, but often fail. Does this mean we are hypocrites and deserving of death....in your mind?

I'm always amazed how people that don't believe in religion seem so obsessed by it.

some atheists are secure enough in their beliefs to not be this way.

the militant ones not so much. and they love trying to appear knowligable which is absurd. no wonder they are so insecure being ignorant on the subject.

I didn't write the things

It is written as kill everywhere I looked (including the bible) and nobody ever hears that commandment as thou shalt not murder

You have made that up because in the kill version it massively inconveniences your death lust

And by the way, there are 7,8,9 and 10 that need redacting too
Do a little research, it was not translated correctly. It would not be hard for you to find that out if you gave it half a try

It is always quoted as thou shalt not kill

You lot have just doctored it recently because as stated it gets in the way a bit

And there is still the problem of the next four.

Interesting comments about atheists involving themselves in religion. Well, not actually interesting. More laughable.

For centuries the church has stuck its nose into every aspect of life in most cases making life a lot worse for people

Funny how it doesn't like the shoe being on the other foot. But then it tries to sell its mythology using language and reason until those weapons are taken from it and turned against it

Religion is by and large a vicious force for bad like the right wing of politics that is its bedfellow

Both need to be vigorously opposed for the benefit of mankind

You are making it up

It's embarrassing

But anyway if you support capital punishment you know are supporting a system that will result in the death of innocent people and so you are an accomplice and conspirator to murder at best

If you support war agains a nation that is not attacking you you know you are supporting a system that will cause huge numbers of innocent people to die on both sides so you are at best an accomplice and conspirator to murder

Funny isn't it? I'm an atheist who opposes killing, wants a fairer society where everyone gets healthcare etc and you are a Christian who supports killing, wants a hugely divided society and where healthcare is provided according to wealth

I am sooooo glad I'm a good atheist instead of a hideous Christian

You are making it up

It's embarrassing

But anyway if you support capital punishment you know are supporting a system that will result in the death of innocent people and so you are an accomplice and conspirator to murder at best

If you support war agains a nation that is not attacking you you know you are supporting a system that will cause huge numbers of innocent people to die on both sides so you are at best an accomplice and conspirator to murder

Funny isn't it? I'm an atheist who opposes killing, wants a fairer society where everyone gets healthcare etc and you are a Christian who supports killing, wants a hugely divided society and where healthcare is provided according to wealth

I am sooooo glad I'm a good atheist instead of a hideous Christian

your examples do not involve intentional taking of innocent life so rhats a miss.

God is intetested in individuals you are interested in societies. so much easier to hide from responsibility that way.

They do

By supporting activity that will inevitably take innocent life you are guilty of at least condoning killing

You are just a hypocrite with impaired reasoning

Not a good cocktail but essential in the church

Werbung:
Back