The name Mohammad is given to sons to show respect. Why is the name Jesus not given the same respect

Gnostic Christian Bishop

The name Mohammad is given to sons to show respect. Why is the name Jesus not given the same respect?

Many cultures pass on names of those they wish to show respect to. The Muslim community pass on the name Mohamad more than Christians do with the name of Jesus. This name respect is lacking in the Christian cultures.

I think it is due to the fact that none in the Abrahamic cults can justify Yahweh/Jesus’ genocide of mankind.

Yahweh’s son Jesus has not been deemed worthy of respect for moral reasons. Christians recognize the imperfections and agree with the ostracising of the name Jesus. Hence their not passing on the name and showing disrespect. Jesus is as unworthy to literal reading people in the myriad of Christian cults, as is Yahweh.

Are the myriad of Christian and Catholic cults showing a lack of respect for the name of Jesus as compared to the respect Muslims show the name Mohammad?

Regards

DL

Werbung:
It is... Joshua...his original Hebrew-Aramaic name was yeshu‘a, which is short for yehōshu‘a (Joshua)

How can you say it is...(used), regardless of spelling, when most Christians do not use it as compared with the huge numbers of Muslims who use Mohammad.

Other than Mexico, I have not heard the name Jesus used.

Regards
DL

regardless of spelling,
Huh... Jesus wasn't called "Jesus".....that's why!!
Mohammad as a name is NOT the Profit (if you're refering to the founder of Islam) ... he was never called Mohammad.... he was called Muhammad....with a U...not an O!!!
The premise of your post is wrong.... it should be why was Jesus called "Jesus"

Huh... Jesus wasn't called "Jesus".....that's why!!
Mohammad as a name is NOT the Profit (if you're refering to the founder of Islam) ... he was never called Mohammad.... he was called Muhammad....with a U...not an O!!!
The premise of your post is wrong.... it should be why was Jesus called "Jesus"

I don't care why Jesus was called Jesus.

The O.P. is on why Muslims seem to respect Mohammad, however you spell it, more than Christians respect Jesus, however you spell it, as demonstrated by the lack of use of Jesus in naming sons.

Regards
DL

I think it's considered disrespectful to use Jesus' name because he is G-d. Mohammad is not an Islamic deity and he is only a prophet, being in the same league with Christian prophets like Luke and John.

I think it's considered disrespectful to use Jesus' name because he is G-d. Mohammad is not an Islamic deity and he is only a prophet, being in the same league with Christian prophets like Luke and John.

God cannot die. Jesus did thus showing that he is not God.

Further, Jesus said to seek God, not seek me. He also never claimed to be a God.

Do not call me good, no one is good except God is also something that shows him denying that he is God.

Regards
DL

Jesus did thus showing that he is not God.
Jesus was re-born which is pretty cool huh...I mean not everyone can do that and not have to stand a round of drinks down the pub! God or no god thats a doozy of a trick!
Anyway the lad's mates down at the lake had a natter with him after a sucky nights fishing and here's the kicker.... they didn't have a sccooby doo of a clue it was him....sheesh... what sort of mates are they huh. The fella gets hauled in front of the beak, nailed up by them Roman lads and then gets whizzed back through the stargate all fuzzy and stuff just to be blanked by his best mates...AND ....and he's giving them hot fishing tips!!
See the bible for confirmation of this... fella called John....line something page whatever.....

Jesus is an acceptable name in Roman Catholic countries, but somehow where English is the language, people do not name their sons "Jesus". There was a rather famous CIA guy named James Jesus Angleton. Yes, his parents were Roman Catholics. Jesús is a common name in Spanish countries.

There were some bloody religious wars in England between the Church of England and the Roman Catholic Church, and the Catholics lost. So for years, Catholics were deemed to be second class citizens. And Catholic parents recognizing this, stopped naming their sons Jesus, in the same way that White Southern Americans avoid naming their children Tyrone or Shaneequia.

Jesus is an acceptable name in Roman Catholic countries, but somehow where English is the language, people do not name their sons "Jesus". There was a rather famous CIA guy named James Jesus Angleton. Yes, his parents were Roman Catholics. Jesús is a common name in Spanish countries.

There were some bloody religious wars in England between the Church of England and the Roman Catholic Church, and the Catholics lost. So for years, Catholics were deemed to be second class citizens. And Catholic parents recognizing this, stopped naming their sons Jesus, in the same way that White Southern Americans avoid naming their children Tyrone or Shaneequia.
Wasn't Jesus that guy bowling against the Dude in the movie The Big Lebowski?

Werbung:
Wasn't Jesus that guy bowling against the Dude in the movie The Big Lebowski?
Nah. The one you mean was that nutter who wandered around telling people he was from a virgin and was the son of a god, in-between countless miracles and the odd crucifixion.
Remember that ratbag?

Back