The Official Presidential Debate Thread Vol.1

Bunz

Hi Everyone,
In an effort to keep things a bit more streamlined around here I would like to try and keep discussion about the Presidential Debate into one thread. We can expand it if necessary but for the time being your efforts to keep it into one thread is appreciated.

This debate is at 9pm eastern and is being held at Belmont University in Nashville, Tennessee. I am predicting a strong showing from McCain on this one.

So on that note, have fun and debate away. Please remember to keep things polite. :cool:

Werbung:
Hi Everyone,
In an effort to keep things a bit more streamlined around here I would like to try and keep discussion about the Presidential Debate into one thread. We can expand it if necessary but for the time being your efforts to keep it into one thread is appreciated.

This debate is at 9pm eastern and is being held at Belmont University in Nashville, Tennessee. I am predicting a strong showing from McCain on this one.

So on that note, have fun and debate away. Please remember to keep things polite. :cool:

This is a town hall format which is McCain's favorite style, I would expect a good showing....he doesn't do well here he never will.

McCain does Robot & loses 2nd debate!

This 2nd debate was just dead out embarrassing for John McCain. As much as I really don't want him to win even I found myself feeling a little sorry for him tonight.

The poor guy was wandering around the stage doing what almost appeared to be some miniature version of the late 60's early 70's Robot Dance. And he'd do it right up and way to close to the audience members.:eek:

The bottom line was Senator Obama was smooth, clear and hopeful and he took it right to John McCain... but in a respectful way as always.

McCain if you could stop staring at the Robot moves (and what the hecks up with all that blinking???) tried to talk up his proposed policies to some extent but spent a lot of his time just going back to a couple talking points... and even on his policies came across as failed as anything Bush has done, just explained in an even more old fashioned way... Did i really hear the line... And that requires a cool hand at the tiller????????????????????:confused:

This is just ridiculous to even compare these two guys... seriously!

Debate #2 goes to Senator Obama... one left to go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m3GHzVq-QQ

Re: McCain does Robot & loses 2nd debate!

This 2nd debate was just dead out embarrassing for John McCain. As much as I really don't want him to win even I found myself feeling a little sorry for him tonight.

The poor guy was wandering around the stage doing what almost appeared to be some miniature version of the late 60's early 70's Robot Dance. And he'd do it right up and way to close to the audience members.:eek:

The bottom line was Senator Obama was smooth, clear and hopeful and he took it right to John McCain... but in a respectful way as always.

McCain if you could stop staring at the Robot moves (and what the hecks up with all that blinking???) tried to talk up his proposed policies to some extent but spent a lot of his time just going back to a couple talking points... and even on his policies came across as failed as anything Bush has done, just explained in an even more old fashioned way... Did i really hear the line... And that requires a cool hand at the tiller????????????????????:confused:

This is just ridiculous to even compare these two guys... seriously!

Debate #2 goes to Senator Obama... one left to go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m3GHzVq-QQ

The debate is not even over....

I would tend to agree. The real question is, do these debates serve any actual purpose? I think minds are already made up, and nobody changed many voters minds.

I think those who say they have not decided are lying!

everyone knows but those who say they dont know just mean they can be swayed, I doubt they were swayed tonight.

Obama did not say again what he would cut. Its clear he has to cut something but just like the last time he was asked he just gave a list of what he would not cut

but in reality he will have to cut some things, I wish he would say what that is

I think those who say they have not decided are lying!

everyone knows but those who say they dont know just mean they can be swayed, I doubt they were swayed tonight.

Obama did not say again what he would cut. Its clear he has to cut something but just like the last time he was asked he just gave a list of what he would not cut

but in reality he will have to cut some things, I wish he would say what that is

McCain is trailing in the polls, he did nothing tonight to alter that situation. On the other hand, Obama showed the confidence of a man who can see the finish line. Again, I thought he acted extremely presidential.

McCain is trailing in the polls, he did nothing tonight to alter that situation. On the other hand, Obama showed the confidence of a man who can see the finish line. Again, I thought he acted extremely presidential.

I thought they both sucked

but I am not shocked that you think Obama won or that he acted extremely presidential. Can you name a debate that he did not overwhelmingly win? Go ahead and count all 20 dem debates and the saddle back and the two we just did... you say this every time even when he doesnt do well. He could sit there picking his nose and you would say he was being extremely presidential.

actually he did but he wasnt sitting.

speaking of sitting. those seats were stupid, they both looked dorky sitting in those chairs and the mod made the event boring!

Re: McCain does Robot & loses 2nd debate!

The debate is not even over....

You're right on that. I was actually watching it while I was commenting on it. After the halfway point you could tell how it was going to end up. I didn't see any chance of any surprises if they hadn't happened by then so to me it was all about how they were both presenting themselves.

It's over now and it ended up exactly as it was in the middle to me. Watching the talking heads breaking it down as we speak.

I also replied to your PM but I'm not sure it went through... let me know.

if you go by the faces of the talking heads obama won

the faces on fox are gloomy

the faces on cnn and pmsnbc are happy and chipper

but i think they both did poor, same crap they say in every rally. we learned nothing new or difffernt. it was just boring

but i think they both did poor, same crap they say in every rally. we learned nothing new or difffernt. it was just boring

Focus group on Faux favors Obama..not a good sign for McCain.

Werbung:

you mean fox is gloomy? what you mean they are Bias? nooooo never, they are fair and balanced...lol

Back