The Onion Scams Iran, Again

Centrehalf

The Onion ran a "story" claiming that rural Americans would prefer to vote for Ahmadinijad over Obama, and the Iranian state news agency briefly ran the story.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162...-rural-americans-prefer-ahmadinejad-to-obama/

The English-language website of the Fars news agency appears to have been duped by a spoof story by "The Onion", which claimed that a recent poll had found an "overwhelming majority of rural white Americans" would rather vote for Iranian leader Mahmoud Ahmadinejad than President Obama.

This isn't the first time The Onion has fooled FARS. You'd think they'd learn.

Werbung:
I have to wonder if those people have a sense of humor...

I don't think the sense of humor even enters into it, I think they're just so sure they understand us that they see something that fits their view and don't care to doublecheck. Not only has the Onion fooled them before, they've fooled them with this exact same spoof.

Werbung:
I don't think the sense of humor even enters into it, I think they're just so sure they understand us that they see something that fits their view and don't care to doublecheck. Not only has the Onion fooled them before, they've fooled them with this exact same spoof.

so they're flipping idiots then ? or perhaps more likely they, meaning leadership or whoever bites on this stuff believe the average Mohammad is too stupid to figure it out. kind of like OUR administration !

Back