The rapture.

Boris Norris

Recently there has been a saturation of predictions the tribulations and assorted phenomenons are imminent.

Bold predictions of dates were included, debates about who was going, are pets allowed and arranged reunification with dead family members expected. There's a few of my friends somewhere so heaven is as good as any to search.

I had a little rucksack complete with underwear and toothbrush. Prepared my will and alerted the neighbours of my departure. They gave me some very strange looks and one recommended a shrink.

Not to be deterred, I patiently waited at the allocated corner, between meals but nothing happened. Two days out now and we are all still here. What happened?

Did someone get the dates wrong?
I've heard this happened before but I dont believe it. Literally, a once in a lifetime opportunity to meet the big guy and some crippled old retired bus driver failed to arrive. Youd think it would have been better organised than that.

Seriously, how many fruitloops are out there that believed this rubbish? According to religious forums there are millions. The point is, everyone has gone silent suddenly. The prophets of doom have now deleted their posts. No one left the planet after fervent reassurances it was imminent.

So what's next. Maybe when the dust settled they'll recalculate the figures, include some international disasters, predict some droughts, mass extinguishment of rare species and add your mother's birthday, then maybe they'll get it right.

Do any of you godbotherers who believed this crap feel any stupidity? How can you study a book that completely brainwashed you into that? Do any of you have any intelligence?

Werbung:
Back