the right kind of bonus!

Pandora

Now here is a story about a company who gives salary workers bonuses and it’s a good thing! Thankfully there are no unions to get in the way of this progress. No congress to mess it up. I know a number of Wal-Mart workers and none of them think it’s a horrible place to work, I am sure they will be extra happy when they get their bonus while the rest of us work for morons with unions who only drag us down.

I work for the school district, and we have a union… our union is telling us we need to re open our contracts and take a pay cut…..what good was it to have a union you pay 50 dollars a month to so they can tell you to take a pay cut, while Wal-Mart without a union is not giving pay cuts but instead giving bonuses

Wal-Mart Stores Inc., the world’s largest retailer, plans to award $2 billion this year to about 1 million U.S. hourly workers in bonuses

http://www.app.com/article/20090319/BUSINESS/90319062/1282/LOCAL06

Werbung:
The Wal-Mart Workers Association is an organization of current and past Wal-Mart workers united to improve the working conditions and living standards of Wal-Mart workers. Wal-Mart workers control the organization, deciding what issues are important to them and what actions should be taken. The organization is a workers’ association, not a union.

We are not affiliate of any other union even though we welcome the support of any and all unions who would offer such help, along with any other organizations willing to stand with us. We create a workers support network encouraging workers, activists, organizations and the community to engage in a pro-worker movement. We focus our resources in helping associates work through both Wal-Mart bureaucratic maze, and the complex state and federal system so workers rights can be enforced and their claims will be heard.

We want:

affordable health insurance we can use fair and equal treatment of all workers

decent wages

a voice at work

We will also provide assistance to past and present Wal-Mart workers who have been discriminated against or treated unfairly. Contact us to learn more.

Wal-Mart Workers Association is in no way affiliated with Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.

I was always under the impression that Wal-Mart was a version of the slave trade? Perhaps a bonus is the least of their problems? Anyway I guess its improved and its working conditions and benefits have got better.

I was always under the impression that Wal-Mart was a version of the slave trade? Perhaps a bonus is the least of their problems? Anyway I guess its improved and its working conditions and benefits have got better.

Unions attack Wal-Mart all the time but its just because Wal-Mart does not want to be unionized. I know a lady who has worked for Wal-Mart for over twenty years, she made the same amount per hour that I did at the time and got bonuses and or profit sharing. She said she usually got a check between 20 and 30 thousand dollars once a year. They are the only company I know of giving the normal hourly employee bonuses this year, they must be doing something right.

I have read the union newsletters at food stores like Dominick's and Jewel. They do their best to crucify a very good company.

I have read the union newsletters at food stores like Dominick's and Jewel. They do their best to crucify a very good company.

Winco, who used to be Waremart... The people made a union, the union took over the store and now the store is owned by the union workers. The lines are terrible and long, the customer service is non existant, the prices are not that much cheaper than Wal-Mart on most things and even more expenisve for other things. But you are right, they are talked about in a horrible way. I am glad there is a choice, I dont want the world to be unionized. And Wal-Mart hires the elderly, the actually create jobs that are not really needed like a greeter so someone can make some extra money.

I am sure they have had some problems in history, everyone does. but its no more, and probably even less than other companys.

actually create jobs that are not really needed like a greeter so someone can make some extra money.
Not needed? Evidently you are not aware that a "greeter" is doing a "loss prevention" job. According to the stores, a person doing "loss prevention", is a very necessary job.

Not needed? Evidently you are not aware that a "greeter" is doing a "loss prevention" job. According to the stores, a person doing "loss prevention", is a very necessary job.

I am not sure what you mean?

No store in my area has a greeter except for Wal-Mart’s, and all the greeters are old and doing it I am sure for some extra cash but not physically able to do real physical work.

Wal-Mart could make it without a greeter like all the other stores do but they pay for one anyways.

We have another store that hires mildly mentally challenged people (one or two of them) not because they have to but because its nice to do it.

that other store is Fred Meyers..........I like them too, but they are expensive so I don’t go there very often.

They are the only company I know of giving the normal hourly employee bonuses this year, they must be doing something right.

Werbung:
They are the only company I know of giving the normal hourly employee bonuses this year, they must be doing something right.

Last week I was at Wal-Mart and saw a worker smiling as she was walking by. I stopped her to ask where something was and she was just so bubbly and friendly I asked why she was so happy. She said she finally got the job she wanted in the gardening department. We talked a bit longer and I asked her if she liked her job and if she got any of that bonus money that the news reported about. She said they got a large bonus every quarter this year, and it was actually a better bonus than usual. I asked her how long she worked there and she said 2 years and it was part time (6 hours a day) so even part timers get the bonus and though I thought you had to be with the company at least 5 years I was wrong, she said you get the bonus starting at your first year.

Back