The US Should Withdraw From Iraq

We can listen; by all means a Marine in Iraq should be able to voice their opinion if ANYBODY does. However, that still does not mean he is right.

Arch.

It just means I'm more informed and have better first hand knowledge of what's going on. In addition, as a commissioned officer, I have access to classified intel.

Werbung:
Again, I cite Dwight Eisenhower, who in '52 ran for President on a platform to bring troops home from an unpopular war.

All throughout Eisenhower's administration, the generals and military on several occasions were too quick to jump into going into war. Thank God cooler heads prevailed; and we stayed out of World War III.

There is a reason that the military has never had the final decision on when America goes to war. Thank God for our Constitution.

Arch.

In addition to Interested's great post, I'll again note the irony of you citing Eisenhower as he was also the president who first sent troops to Vietnam.

Werbung:
I just now heard about (R) Christopher Shays' idea. He is a person who thinks we should stay in Iraq "until we get the job done", yet he is up for this: a plebiscite of Iraqis ...if 60% or more want us out, then we leave.

Should be a piece of cake, since 83% of Shi'ites and 90-something % of Sunnis want us to leave according to the most recent poll.

Back