The Wall

Jason76

The Pink Floyd song "The Wall" spoke of teachers using dark sarcasm in the classroom. Is it appropriate? Of course, it might be appropriate in military basic training to train soldiers to live under stress. However, perhaps school is the wrong place.

Anyhow, there are some conservatives who say, in respect to the UK, that the softening of discipline there made things worse, so maybe Pink Floyd's message could have caused a lot of indirect destruction.

Werbung:
A big problem with Pink Floyd's thinking is that often kids are monsters. In such a situation, the teachers might become monsters to be able to control the kids. However, are there any pity parties for the teachers? I don't see any, just songs about cruel teachers.

A big problem with Pink Floyd's thinking is that often kids are monsters. In such a situation, the teachers might become monsters to be able to control the kids. However, are there any pity parties for the teachers? I don't see any, just songs about cruel teachers.
Kids that are monsters aren't really monsters. There is something wrong with their environment, health, or home life if they are.

Werbung:
Most of your racist philosophies are no doubt are pity parties for the stronger group, a type of justification for imperialist tyranny. In fact, the strong try to portray themselves as weak to gain pity.

Kids that are monsters aren't really monsters. There is something wrong with their environment, health, or home life if they are.

That's true, but teachers have to deal with what they see before them right now. They don't have time to think about what created the monster kids. However, making such a statement I'm starting to justify the oppression of the stronger group. :cautious:

Last edited:
Back