Theater owner shuts down for jackass 2

Werbung:
"Craptacular". Hehe, I like that one, it accurately describes the movies. But, I think movies have been crap for a long time. Evenso, I watch a lot of them. People like me are part of the problem. If we don't demand more, why should they try?:p

I guess it's his theater and he can do what he wants so it's hard to get angry about that. Also, so many towns never even see some of the art films because they don't have the theaters that show them so... what can we say?

I dont think he should have closed the Theatre, at the end of the day he should have left it up to the customers in the town whether or not they wanted to see it.
And so be it if he left the Theatre open and not one person wanted to actually watch it but he diddnt give them a chance.
So if he doesnt like another film that is coming out yet the whole town is wanting to watch it, do you think he will shut again hmmm ' i think not'

It was just a movie, people. It's not like he was telling the people they weren't allowed to vote or something. It's his perogative to close his movie theater whenever and for whatever reason he chooses. The people in his town have the right to go someplace else if they really want to see a particular movie. Give me a break. Why don't we discuss the censorship that schools are guilty of, taking Bibles out of their libraries, but leaving all kinds of books about Wicca, or Islam, or any number of other world religions. Why aren't any of you up-in-arms about that? No, you'd rather discuss a stupid movie. Sheesh!

Sure it was a big deal for the people in the town. Not his problem. How any one person feels is his or her own responsibility. The theater owner is under no obligation to see to the comfort of the people in the community.

Back when Showgirls came out, here only one theatre showed it and the first night they had a bunch of people protesting it. But they showed ti anyway. The funny thing is, they ended up pulling it the next night because the people who went to see complained abotu how crappy it was.

Back when Showgirls came out, here only one theatre showed it and the first night they had a bunch of people protesting it. But they showed ti anyway. The funny thing is, they ended up pulling it the next night because the people who went to see complained abotu how crappy it was.

My point exactly at least he let the community decide and not make a decision for them.
It's pretty much the same as a shop I suppose.Just because they dont like a certain sweet,that doesnt mean there not going to sell it.:twocents: It makes there business doesn't it.????

Werbung:
It was just a movie, people. It's not like he was telling the people they weren't allowed to vote or something. It's his perogative to close his movie theater whenever and for whatever reason he chooses. The people in his town have the right to go someplace else if they really want to see a particular movie. Give me a break. Why don't we discuss the censorship that schools are guilty of, taking Bibles out of their libraries, but leaving all kinds of books about Wicca, or Islam, or any number of other world religions. Why aren't any of you up-in-arms about that? No, you'd rather discuss a stupid movie. Sheesh!

Cool your jets. This thread started several weeks ago and it is as valid a point as any other for discussion. If you would like to raise the point you did for discussion, make a thread about it, because simply criticising the thread for its existence is counterproductive, and also, I do not condone it.

Back