They're really going to try this guy in civilian court!

PLC1

Staff member
Obama suggests 9/11 suspect will get death penalty

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama suggested on Wednesday the self-professed mastermind of the September 11, 2001, attacks would be convicted and put to death, but later said he was not trying to prejudge the trial.

If it's really a fair trial, isn't he presumed innocent? What if he gets off, then what? Rant radio was saying that he wouldn't be let go even if he were acquitted. If they are right, which, of course, rarely happens anyway, then how is this a real trial? If hey are wrong, then is there a possibility that he will be let go?

Isn't a lot of the evidence tainted, probably inadmissible due to "enhanced interrogation"? Was he ever read his rights?

Either it is a fair trial or it isn't. If it isn't, then is it just a show? If it is, and he gets off, then what? Either way, it could be a real circus.

Werbung:
First if somehow he got off, then they have a stack of charged to file against him right after,

2nd, yes some evidence could be not used due to Torture ( thanks again Bush co.) but evidence not gained form that would still be fine ..and we had alot well before we even got him.

3. courts ruled a while back that Miranda rights did not in fact have to be read ...so far as I know that last ruling was not overturned...aslo you don't' know that he was not told his rights ( then again under Bush he did not have a right to a lawyer...untill later even...thanks again)

4. Obama can in fact pre judge...you have as well have you not? Your not on the jury, your not a judge...nor is he. If we did not pre judge then why are you so scared he would get off? because you pre judged his guilt right? of course your correct that he is guilty.

You were one of the people who wanted terror suspects tried in civilian courts and afforded full constitutional rights!!!

(I would triple bold that if I could)

So this is either a show trial to fill you with the warm fuzzy feeling you were looking for when advocating for such a "circus"... or this self admitted terrorist really has legitimate constitutional rights and will actually get a fair trial, in which case there exists the very real possibility of him going free.

I, and others, warned you about conferring constitutional rights to terror suspects and giving them trials in civilian courts but its only now that your dream becomes a reality that you begin to question the ramifications of such a disastrous policy.

Rant radio was saying that he wouldn't be let go even if he were acquitted. If they are right, which, of course, rarely happens anyway, then how is this a real trial? If hey are wrong, then is there a possibility that he will be let go?

Holder vows Gitmo defendants will not be released in the U.S.
The Hill ^

Posted on Friday, November 13, 2009 4:56:52 PM by Sub-Driver

Holder vows Gitmo defendants will not be released in the U.S. By Susan Crabtree - 11/13/09 04:31 PM ET

Attorney General Eric Holder has pledged not to allow the release of dangerous detainees in the United States if they are found not guilty in federal court or if their case is thrown out on a technicality.
Holder made the assurances in a written response to a question posed by Sen. Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.) obtained by The Hill. The 55-page document provided answers to questions from several senators on the Judiciary Committee in advance of a Wednesday oversight hearing on Justice Department policies and practices.

“Where we have legal detention authority, as the President has stated, we will not release anyone into the United States if doing so would endanger our national security or the American people,” Holder wrote. “There are a number of tools at the government’s disposal to ensure that no such detainee is released into the United States, all of which are currently being reviewed by the Special Interagency Task Force on Detention Policy...”

Holder repeatedly dodged that question in a Friday briefing with reporters regarding the announcement that 10 of Guantanamo’s most high-profile terrorist suspects would be tried in U.S. courts. Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, known as KSM, the self-described mastermind of the attacks, along with four suspected accomplices now held at Guantanamo Bay prison in Cuba, will be tried in a civilian court in Manhattan, Holder said.

When asked how the administration could assure family members of victims of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks that the suspects would not be let go or exonerated on a technicality and be set free, Holder did not respond directly. Instead, he expressed confidence that the prosecutions would be successful.

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2386012/posts

“There are a number of tools at the government’s disposal to ensure that no such detainee is released into the United States..." - Eric "I secured pardons for 16 FALN terrorists under Clinton" Holder

Notice he's very specific about not letting them go free INSIDE America... That leaves hundreds of other countries where he could release them.

So, he could be let go in some other nation should he get off. Now, there's a great ideas.

Pandora, I was never in favor of letting such as KSM have a civilian trial. Trials need to be for the detainees who were turned over to the military for money and most likely aren't terrorists at all. They could be given a military tribunal. They could be reclassified as POW. They shouldn't simply be left in Gitmo indefinitely without charges.

So, he could be let go in some other nation should he get off. Now, there's a great ideas.

pandora, I was never in favor of letting such as KSM have a civilian trial. Trials need to be for the detainees who were turned over to the military for money and most likely aren't terrorists at all. They could be given a military tribunal. They could be reclassified as POW. They shouldn't simply be left in Gitmo indefinitely without charges.

I agree there needs to be some sort of trial. That should have already happened.

I was just showing what holder had said. I listen to talk radio and I did not hear them say anything but what I posted to you and that is what holder said.

Personally I think its stupid to say we need to do this so the world can see a fair trial but then turn right around and say they are getting the death penalty and they are guilty and even if they get off we wont let them go. exc.

I think that makes us look worse.

Trials need to be for the detainees who were turned over to the military for money and most likely aren't terrorists at all.
Individuals matching that description never made it to Gitmo... Unless of course you think our military is completely inept, or simply corrupt.

Gitmo can only hold about 400 people and they had to pass through several layers of screening to get sent to there and, because of the minimal space, the people who sent them had to be able to offer very compelling evidence as to why they should be sent to Gitmo.

Of course, we discussed all of this before, I even gave you detailed stats relating to detainees but you chose to ignore me then and continue to ignore me now.

Plain and simple. KSM is a terrorist.. illegal enemy combatant, not a P.O.W. Not a criminal defendant.

He was caught in civilian clothes, not a uniform. He does not qualify for a U.S. Federal court trial those rights that go along with it.

He already admitted he did it and wanted to die while at GTMO, so why is there a trial at all.

If it's really a fair trial, isn't he presumed innocent?
I believe, "...the self-professed mastermind of the September 11, 2001, attacks..." had a little something to do with that.

Ya' gotta avoid that ol' "conservative"-trick of reading-between-the-lines.

There's nothing there....

:rolleyes:

So this is either a show trial to fill you with the warm fuzzy feeling you were looking for when advocating for such a "circus"....
How odd that people-like-you are all-the-time crowing about the U.S. being "THE GREATEST COUNTRY, IN THE WORLD!"...yet, you're too embarrassed(?) to show-off our system-of-justice?????

:confused:

Hey....Alberto The Inquisitor is gone!

torquegonzales.jpg

We've got our REAL Department Of Justice, back...again.​

Trials need to be for the detainees who were turned over to the military for money and most likely aren't terrorists at all.
Individuals matching that description never made it to Gitmo... Unless of course you think our military is completely inept, or simply corrupt.
You're not a big-fan o' keepin'-current with the Factshttp://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/5/15/732040/-How-Gitmos-Prisoners-were-Sold,-by-Bounty-Hunters, are you??

:confused:

Ya' gotta quit listening to Porky Limbaugh.....

:rolleyes:

I agree there needs to be some sort of trial. That should have already happened.

I was just showing what holder had said.
....And, he didn't do it on Oprah.​

"After enduring four hours of hostile questions in a crowded Capitol Hill hearing room about his decision to send the self-described mastermind of the Sept. 11 terrorist strikes to Manhattan for trial, Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. submitted himself to one more round of interrogation Wednesday.

The nation's chief law enforcement officer pivoted from the senators who had challenged him all morning and stood to face unexpected queries from a gathering of family members who lost loved ones in the al-Qaeda attacks eight years ago."

Holder is no Alberto Gonzales....OBVIOUSLY!!

Werbung:
This is what makes me sick these days. The United States is going to bring to justice, convict, and execute the mastermind of 9/11. And somehow our two political parties find a way to argue about it, and thus divide the country over an issue that is so ridiculous it invites the question, "what the hell is wrong with us?"

Americans are fighting over the manner in which we convict the mastermind of 9/11... this country is so lost...

Back