Thinking from loony land

Dr.Who

Yea this is half baked and really kinda crazy.

I have been reading about fiat currency lately. Compared to many of you I am way behind the curve on this one. I have been reading about gold (on paper and physical gold). I have been reading about inflation/deflation. Our national debt. The fed. and how all this ties together and how this leads to government control over our lives and worse yet how it might likely lead to even more government control over our lives. (at this point I would point out that I am really nobody but if paranoid thoughts from my subconscious take over I invite the gov to pay me off to shut me up and I would readily accept that).

Anyway, I can see little way out of our governments current predicament other than to continue to manipulate currency and gold prices among other things, to take over more control of the financial lives of people, and generally to become more totalitarian even if it will lead to evil regimes.

So what is to be done about it? How can the common man prepare? You could hoarde stuff but I see crazy rumors about the gov confiscating hoarded supplies. You could save even more money but that is a losing proposition and it too might be confiscated (read wealth tax) or to use the words from the IMF "opaque tax on savers" which means taking it from you without you knowing it which is already happening. You could invest in paper gold but that is one of the very things the gov is "printing" until the day when printing money stops working.

You could establish any alternative to trading in paper money or paper gold. an alternative currency is exactly what the gov would fear the most. Nothing shakes confidence in fiat currency like an alternative. We have all heard of bitcoins. Um, can anyone see the handwriting on the wall for money that exists totally on computers? You could buy and hide staple foods - boring. You could buy physical gold and who knows what will happen with it. When paper gold is worthless will the price skyrocket or will it be confiscated or some combination. Could you avoid pitfalls with that? Or would it end up being the best investment you ever made.

Regardless I can foresee the odd possibility that if enough of us, a tipping point so to speak, were to trade in any sort of alternative currency, that while the gov would not like it, it just might save the country from the dire consequences of our governments folly.

Ok so now I can estimate that one or two will respond and this thread will linger and fade into obscurity cause it really is crazy.

Werbung:
Back