This site logs you off too quickly

Rick

When I've done a long post, and go to submit it, the site demands that I log on because some (ultra short) timer has expired. Then when I log on, I can't back page to my post, which disappears and is lost. Please, ease the agressive automatic log off.

Werbung:
This site like every vBulletin site and most other forum software doesn't log you out for quite a long time. All you have to do is to allow cookies, otherwise the software isn't able to remember who you are.

Just allow cookies for this site in your Internet browser.

Nope, I agree with Rick. I have had my Cookies turned on since 1990. I don't have any problem with any other forums, except this one.. and it truly is a royal pain.

The problem lies elsewhere. Personally, my internet connection is not that reliable simply due to my location. Maybe the problem is a too short automatic log off after disconnect. I don't know, but worth looking into further.

This site like every vBulletin site and most other forum software doesn't log you out for quite a long time. All you have to do is to allow cookies, otherwise the software isn't able to remember who you are.

I DO allow them - this site logs you off. Ive been posting on vBulletin sites for at least ten years, and I've never seen any site that logs you off as quickly as this one.

I have had that problem too. I came to this part of the site specifically to start a thread like this one.

My computer does allow cookies and also clears them every time I log off.

The only thing left to try was to change the setting for "share location" to "allow". So far I have not been kicked off.

X

That is me keeping my fingers crossed.

OK, I have been kicked of a numbe of times since making that change.

What I have discovered is that if I click remember me I may still get kicked off but when I come back my history does not include a user cp that has not been updated.

If I do not click remember me then I can go back in the history to an old link to the user cp that still shows what threads I need to visit.

Walter said:
This is the original vBulletin software and we are only 1 minor version behind...
And THANK GOODNESS FOR THAT!! (Vb4 is garbage and would ruin this good place)

ALWAYS CHECK REMEMBER ME WHEN LOGGING IN EVERYONE,THIS WILL (OR SHOULD) PREVENT 'NO ACTIVITY' AUTO LOGOUTS (Provided you dont clear cookies)

Fix the damn login time outs

I just lost a substantive post that took me 20 minutes to write. It's because of the pointless timeouts of logins that happen when someone is composing a long post. Hasn't this issue already been brought up? When you hit the submit button, it demands that you relogin. Then when you arrow back, your post has disappeared. Such irritaing timeouts serve no purpose - please fix that. :mad:

This session i logged on at 10:04 and I DID click remember me.

At 10:23 by the time I had read and finished my first post I was logged off.

And if necessary:

Try to clear your cookies to give the whole process a new start.

Werbung:
OK... I'm totally pissed... Don't know what's changed but for the last week I've been having the same problem: So long as I don't attempt to reply to a thread, I stay logged in, however, the moment I try to reply, it logs me out and asks me to log in again - erasing my entire reply in the process.

WTF? I've written so many replies only to have them vanish and have to start over... It's incredibly frustrating.

Back