Thomas Jefferson and Equality: Making America

Real News Links

Thomas Jefferson and Equality: Making America

“All men are created equal…” So says the Declaration of Independence, eloquently penned by Thomas Jefferson. But how do we reconcile the obvious contradiction between Jefferson's words about freedom and his actions as a slave owner? Dinesh D’Souza answers this question.

Werbung:
this doesn't explain why jefferson kept his slaves.

Jefferson's Attitudes Toward Slavery

Thomas Jefferson called slavery a “moral depravity” and a “hideous blot,” but continued to hold human beings as property his entire adult life.

he was a money loving hypocrite.

You may well be the dumbest bastard I have ever seen in a forum, and had it saying a hell of a lot

you: "But how do we reconcile the obvious contradiction between Jefferson's words about freedom and his actions as a slave owner? Dinesh D’Souza answers this question."

my god you're stupid. this video did NOT reconcile them. duh. they reconciled his actions as a founding father who pragmatically needed to not try to eliminate slavery in the country legally, with those words, but not with his PERSONAL actions as a slave holder. duh.

if he truly believed his words he would have freed is own PERSONAL slaves, moron.
but he didn't.

he was a hypocritical money grubbing person :)

Last edited:
you: "But how do we reconcile the obvious contradiction between Jefferson's words about freedom and his actions as a slave owner? Dinesh D’Souza answers this question."

myi god you're stupid. this video did NOT reconcile them. duh. they reconciled his actions as a founding father who pragmatically needed to not try to eliminate slavery in the country legally, with those words, but not with his PERSONAL actions as a slave holder. duh.

if he truly believed his words he would have freed is own PERSONAL slaves, moron.
but he didn't.

he was a hypocritical money grubbing person :)

Note the lack of capital letters.

No!

Note the lack of capital letters.

No!

i never bother with capitals. This is a tiny discussion forum, not a PHD thesis.
i'm lazy here, I admit it. This is just for entertainment purposes, not earning a living.

We do not need to explain everything every founder did. They were fallible, many were sinners and Jefferson was a hypocrite. Wow a politician that does not practice what he preaches.

Jefferson liked to run up massive debts and not pay them back. He lived beyond his means.

As an American I do not need to explain a man's sins they are not mine.

We do not need to explain everything every founder did. They were fallible, many were sinners and Jefferson was a hypocrite. Wow a politician that does not practice what he preaches.

Jefferson liked to run up massive debts and not pay them back. He lived beyond his means.

as a general statement, I don't hold things like slavery too much against them, since AT THE TIME it was the norm.

but the OP claimed that the video reconciled his actions as a slave holder with his words about "all men are created equally", but it does not. It reconciles his actions in creating the country as a pragmatic person, but not his personal actions

the OP, as usual, either lied or was too stupid to figure that out :)

OP: explain why if jefferson truly believed that all men were created equal and endowed with rights, why didn't he release his PERSONAL slaves? Nothing stopped him from doing so.

The only thing that pjmret knows how to do is Spam the form with a bunch of crying and whining and acting like a little bitch. He does not have the capability to refute any post I've ever made.

apparently you are not capable of answering a simple question about your own post. lol.

OP: explain why if jefferson truly believed that all men were created equal and endowed with rights, why didn't he release his PERSONAL slaves? Nothing stopped him from doing so.

i'll repeat it, but maybe the words are too long for you, or the sentences have too many words? :)

ps - i've already refuted your post, by showing that the video does NOT reconcile jefferson's actions as a slave holder, since he did NOT release his own personal slaves. duh.

god you're stupid :)

i'll keep checking to see if you haven't cowardly run away from answering this simple question about your own thread. lol

Werbung:

Of course you are correct. But remember, Pedo-Pjmret his not here for facts, discussion, or any mature debate. He is here to disrupt, destroy, and be a general asshole. He is the quintessential Leftist, destroying everything of value while having no values himself

Back