Tolerating "Hard"-Drug Use; "conservatives'" Worst-Nightmare

Mr. Shaman

"In 2001, the Portugese government decriminalised recreational drugs including heroin and cocaine in an attempt to reduce the number of hard drug users in the country. Eight years later, Claudia Hammond visited Lisbon to see whether the change in the law had been effective.

They are still illegal, but a person caught with less than 10 days' supply is not considered a criminal, but a patient. Instead they appear before a Dissuasion Commission.

And the results? Fears that Portugal would become a haven for drug tourists have not come true and the number of deaths from drugs has decreased.

The secretary of state for health told me it has been a great success, with police figures suggesting that the use of every drug has either gone down or remained stable, apart from cocaine which has recently become fashionable."

What's a drug-warrior to do, when his/her worst-case fantasy (simply) becomes one-more Cry Wolf effort?

:rolleyes:

Werbung:
This is one conservative who says you can have all the drugs you want... Just don't expect me to support you financially or bail you out in any way. Legalize all drugs and begin drug testing Welfare and Unemployment recipients (we should be doing this already) and those who are not clean get no green.

We should drug test all government employees anyway... I have to work a job in the private sector that requires I pass drug tests in order to pay the taxes that create the payroll which government employees get paid from. I don't think its too much to ask that they pass the same test for their job that I have to pass for mine.

I worked on a job that requied drug testing, in the private sector, but the drug testing was mandated by the federal government. Whose idea was that?

I worked on a job that requied drug testing, in the private sector, but the drug testing was mandated by the federal government. Whose idea was that?

They demand that you pass a test to hold your job, but they don't have to pass the same test to hold theirs. Politicians and beauracrats see themselves as the ruling class, ruling over peons like you and me, and do not live by the same rules that we are forced to live by.

Chances are, the mandate was due to a regulation placed on insurance companies who insured your business... Once again, government creating the problem that you blame on anyone but government.

What's a drug-warrior to do, when his/her worst-case fantasy (simply) becomes one-more Cry Wolf effort
Maybe if your world didn't revolve around drug use, you wouldn't say such stupid things.

Werbung:
Back