Trump and Northeast Asian Trade

Werbung:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-japan-idUSKCN0WM017

Trump is demanding fairer trade exist between the USA and Northeast Asia, as well as a lowered military presence. Such a situation could lead to an armed Japan and larger arms race in Northeast Asia. Does anyone see any problems with his plans?

I remember when Obama proposed a similar action, and the right wing called it "protectionism", and warned of trade wars. However, that was then, this is now.

The U.S.-Japan alliance has been the lynchpin of Tokyo's security policy for decades, but worries have simmered in recent years as to whether Washington will continue to be willing and able to defend its key Asian ally. As host to around 50,000 U.S. troops, Japan is vital to Washington’s “rebalance” of its economic and security focus to the Asia-Pacific region.

I think Trump is like Ron Paul in many ways and he is leaning towards isolationism. The security treaty between Japan and the US is not the NATO alliance and the US is not obliged to defend Japan when it's attacked. The US-Japan alliance mainly serves as a safeguard against Japanese militarism and America had never defended Japan in the last 60 years.

I agree that Trup policies would lead to isolation ism, It would also help Japan.

In other words you can't back up your claim. I looked, saw you could not, saw numerous references regarding the Indian Princess and made note of it.

Try this if you wish. Seems Sanders feels the same way !

https://www.google.com/search?q=oba...bile&ie=UTF-8#q=obama+fair+trade+japan+warren

Not sure what the TPP, and trade agreements, has to do with the cries of trade wars when Obama increased tariffs on solar panels, tires, etc., from China. Personally, and as I have said before, I support no trade agreements. When the Founders spoke of trading with foreign countries it was not with some agreement between the countries with the taxpayer being held accountable for the "trade deficit".

I think Trump is like Ron Paul in many ways and he is leaning towards isolationism. The security treaty between Japan and the US is not the NATO alliance and the US is not obliged to defend Japan when it's attacked. The US-Japan alliance mainly serves as a safeguard against Japanese militarism and America had never defended Japan in the last 60 years.

The Founding Fathers supported a degree of "isolationism" especially in military matters. They also opposed the form of corporation we have now. They had no problem with a corporation trading with another corporation in another country as long as they did so with their own money, and provided their own protection.

Old Trapper70. I am not sure Isolation is possible today. With foreign bases and trade everywhere it would be hard for the USA to reverse its foreign policies.

Old Trapper70. I am not sure Isolation is possible today. With foreign bases and trade everywhere it would be hard for the USA to reverse its foreign policies.

Guess it depends on whether, or not, the people want to save the country, or just become another piece in the global system, or even a "one world government".

I agree that it would be hard for the US to change its foreign policies, but that doesn't mean that Trump wouldn't be able to make some changes, if maybe not the full ones he's got planned.

Having said that, the word compromise doesn't seem to be in Trumps vocabulary and for someone that could be on the verge of becoming the most powerful man in the world, that's quite a sobering thought.

Werbung:
Reagan also had the no compromise feel to him, but later on people found out he was willing to compromise, though only from a position of strength. Nonetheless, I have a bad feeling Donald Trump isn't a Ronald Reagan. The world situation isn't the same as in Reagan's day.

Back