Trump at war with the media

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Werbung:
Trump is "at war" with the media. Here is a response from the White House press corps:
http://www.cjr.org/covering_trump/trump_white_house_press_corps.php

The first battle after the inauguration is the number of visitors during the inauguration:

His spokesman Sean Spicer said: "This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period."
But the New York Times showed, that this isn't true: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/01/20/us/politics/trump-inauguration-crowd.html
The whole thing is so amazingly incomprehensible that the press secretary, Conway and Trump are all of one mind to tackle such a trivial lie and try to defend it at all costs.
I'm a citizen of the US. Some people say, "Trump is not my president." I go further and say this is not my country. Emotionally I have become divorced from it and sort of look at it as if I'm a foreigner wondering what has happened to the sanity of that country.

This is a war ?

It is an attack on the Constitution, and a "war" of Trumps making to gain him more public attention. When Trump calls the media the "enemy" for reporting the truth, and when his lead man, the White Nationalist Steve Bannon, tells the press to "shut up", I would say there is a "war" going on.

All Politicians are attacked by sections of the media. In Melbourne our Premier is attacked for a break down in law order. The simple solution is it he resigns everything will be OK. While I do not support all of Trump policies the problems were there before he became president, The media can sell papers by blaiming the leader but thry can not solve the problems.

All Politicians are attacked by sections of the media. In Melbourne our Premier is attacked for a break down in law order. The simple solution is it he resigns everything will be OK. While I do not support all of Trump policies the problems were there before he became president, The media can sell papers by blaiming the leader but thry can not solve the problems.

Obama inherited an economy that was in shambles, and two ongoing wars. The right wing media crucified him for 8 years. Trump inherits a growing economy. albeit not a rapidly growing one, no wars, and all he does is whine about how the media is against him by exposing his lies.

And he is not solving any problems, he is creating more at the expense of the people, and for his own ego, and self gratification.

GDP down to 1.9 in 4Q.
But at least confidence has grown since November.
The media embarrasses itself and is sealing an unhappy fate with its clear bias and abandonment of integrity.

GDP down to 1.9 in 4Q.
But at least confidence has grown since November.
The media embarrasses itself and is sealing an unhappy fate with its clear bias and abandonment of integrity.

Yes, the right wing part of the media is like that.

Surely by now you've seen Trump's latest news conference, or at least parts of it.
Has he succeeded in alienating the fourth estate? If so, can he get away with having done so? What do you think?

He will always be supported by half his following, no matter what.
I looked at the fox news on-line coverage. They tip-toed around the more ridiculous issues Trump brought up. Other than Fox, and others like infowars, etc, yes he alienated the fourth estate.

I don't know what you mean by "Can he get away with it?"
No, he won't be impeached for it. The press will still quote him and his tweets. He will continue to trash the press. Trump talks to his admirers, and his admirers agree with him no matter what the press says. For them the idea of main stream fake news is here to stay.

He will always be supported by half his following, no matter what.
I looked at the fox news on-line coverage. They tip-toed around the more ridiculous issues Trump brought up. Other than Fox, and others like infowars, etc, yes he alienated the fourth estate.

I don't know what you mean by "Can he get away with it?"
No, he won't be impeached for it. The press will still quote him and his tweets. He will continue to trash the press. Trump talks to his admirers, and his admirers agree with him no matter what the press says. For them the idea of main stream fake news is here to stay.
I suppose "getting away with it" means that he won't lose so much support due to negative media reports that he won't be effective in getting his agenda across.

Luckily for him, he can't be impeached for terking off the media moguls, but he's not doing himself any good by picking that particular fight.

When the media starts behaving like the 4th estate I'll worry about it. I won't hold my breath.
But to answer your question, they need him far more than he needs them. So yes, he will "get away with it".

Werbung:
I suppose "getting away with it" means that he won't lose so much support due to negative media reports that he won't be effective in getting his agenda across.

Luckily for him, he can't be impeached for terking off the media moguls, but he's not doing himself any good by picking that particular fight.
Who picked the fight ? Don't think it was djt

Back