Trump is no longer listening to his friend 'Jim'

The Scotsman

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/13/politics/trump-friend-jim-paris/

"We fully understand that national security begins with border security," Trump told the Conservative Political Action Conference in February before launching into the story of Jim. "Take a look at what's happened in France. Take a look at Nice and Paris."
Trump went on to describe Jim as a Francophile who had soured on Paris after years of visiting every summer with his family.

"I have a friend, he's a very, very substantial guy. He loves the City of Lights. He loves Paris. For years, every year, during the summer, he would go to Paris, it was automatic, with his wife and his family," Trump said.
Recalling a conversation he had with Jim years ago, Trump added, "I hadn't seen him in a while. And I said, 'Jim, let me ask you a question: How's Paris doing," Trump recalled. "Paris? I don't go there anymore. Paris is no longer Paris."

On Thursday, though, Trump largely disavowed the advice of his friend after a reporter asked him directly about Jim.
"(Paris is) going to be just fine because you have a great president. You have somebody that's going to run this country right," Trump said, standing next to French President Emmanuel Macron. "I think this is one of the great cities, one of the most beautiful cities in the world."
Trump took it one step further, too, promising to come back to visit Macron and, ostensibly, Jim.
"I really have a feeling that you're going to have a very, very peaceful and beautiful Paris," Trump said. "And I'm coming back."
Turning to the French President, who at times smiled during the answer, Trump said, "You better do a good job, please, otherwise you're going to make me look very bad."
Can it could get any badlier?

Werbung:
Yeah.... he's a real pro huh! beguiled the lot of them with his subtle diplomatic nuances and sparkling repartee

Are you talking about Trump and his tendency to put his foot in his mouth, including "praising" the French first lady on her "great shape?"

Knowing Trump's I'm surprise he stopped there and didn't add "for your age!"

Werbung:
Back