Tsa security knee jerk reaction - again

CHAINSAW

:confused::(Well, here we go again with TSA’s knee jerk reactions to the attempted terrorist attack onboard Northwest Airlines on December 25th. As usual the U.S. Government and the bureaucrats have instituted “security” measures that have no real impact, except to make people “feel” that their government is doing something. This is a continuation of the many, many years of “knee jerk” reactions. We continue to let so called “civil libertarians” rule the world, we have the technology, which has been improved, to stop these terrorist attempts at the airport and NOT on board an aircraft in mid-flight! The full body scan technology is available, but has the TSA instituted their use? No, they have wasted BILLIONS of dollars on second class security measures that don’t catch all items, as perfectly demonstrated by the attempt on the NWA flight.
Believe me, I am not against security measures, what I am against is stupid senseless measures that only make the flying public feel that they are safe. The only thing these measures will achieve is to further damage the Airline industry. In my 30 years in this industry I have seen many, many iterations of security measures and the vast majority have been “knee jerk” policies and procedures. What is needed is a comprehensive review with some logical and real world policies and procedures being instituted that have real meaningful security impact. But, will the bureaucrats heed these suggestions? No, it would be a reflection of their failure and that can NEVER be allowed!

Werbung:
one cannot expect TSA to do anything more or different. its a miracle if they do what they are supposed to do.

yes, its all for show.

but they are not capable of Israeli style measures.

It is time for SAFETY to be primary and not the STUPID PC Privacy issues raised by the ACLU and other whack job privacy advocates.
I believe in privacy, but when it comes to Aviation safety - safety is #1 period!!!!!

I hear your frustration and feel empathy for your anguish too...from most of the recent talking heads on CNN/MSNBC/NPR/ABC/CBS the consensus for the 'mind set' that we Americans have for 'find that terrorist' is looking for the perceived weapon/bomb, while the country of Israel has been going about it methodically by 'looking for the human that has the traits/mindset' to become or BE a terrorist. And they've kept their air space/air ways safe for over 30 plus years.

We need to stop the 'egg shell walking around the issue of profiling' and get serious bout the mental reactions of people who have extreme Islamic beliefs {jihad driven humans set upon killing US}...if it takes 45 minutes per human to receive a pass to board a plane to America then that is exactly what we have to do...it ain't pretty, it ain't fun, but our air space/air travel shouldn't be left up to some "LIST"! NO HOW NO WAY...but that's IMHO

It is time for SAFETY to be primary and not the STUPID PC Privacy issues raised by the ACLU and other whack job privacy advocates.
I believe in privacy, but when it comes to Aviation safety - safety is #1 period!!!!!
Maybe you need to give Jim DeMint a call!!

:rolleyes:
"The acting TSA administrator is very able, and we have a solid team of professionals at TSA," Pfeiffer said. "But Senator DeMint and others should put their short-term political interests aside and allow the Senate vote on the confirmation of the President's nominee to head the agency."

Obama nominated Southers on Sept. 11, nearly eight months after taking office, a delay that White House officials say was necessary to identify "the appropriate candidate" for the job.

In the wake of Friday's incident, Republicans have criticized the TSA and the Obama administration. But one of their own has single-handedly prevented new leadership at the agency. DeMint has refused to allow a vote on the nomination as long as Obama insists on permitting TSA workers to participate in collective bargaining negotiations, as other unionized government workers do.

In an interview on "Fox News Sunday," DeMint accused the administration of being intent on "unionizing and submitting our airport security to union bosses [and] collective bargaining."

Senate Majority Leader Harry M. Reid (D-Nev.) criticized Republicans on Tuesday, accusing them of "playing politics with national security" by stalling the nomination.

"Despite his qualifications and being reported out by two Senate committees earlier this year, Republicans have decided to play politics with this nomination by blocking final confirmation," Reid said in a statement. "Not only is this a failed strategy, but a dangerous one as well with serious potential consequences for our country."

Way to GO....Party O' NO!!!!!!!

Unions have their place, but NOT in the Federal Government. I agree, we don't need this at the TSA or the FAA PERIOD!!
Obama better stop pandering to the AFL-CIO and other unions. NO UNIONS IN GOVERNMENT!

For the Entire Article < http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34630097/ns/us_news-airliner_attack >
Clipped from the article: The Dutch minister said U.S. had not wanted these scanners to be used previously because of privacy concerns but said there was now agreement with Washington authorities that "all possible measures will be used on flights to the U.S."
A key European legislator urged the European Union to begin rapidly installing the new equipment across the 27-nation bloc, but no other European nations immediately followed the Dutch move.
Body scanners that peer underneath clothing have been available for years, but privacy advocates say they are a "virtual strip search" because they display an image of the body onto a computer screen.

See...all we've been doing is 'PUSSY FOOTING AROUND' this terrorist issue and it's our own fault if the sh!t hits the fan and lives are lost...but continue to blame the newly elected president {whatever} :rolleyes:

Werbung:
Believe me, I am not against security measures, what I am against is stupid senseless measures that only make the flying public feel that they are safe. The only thing these measures will achieve is to further damage the Airline industry. In my 30 years in this industry I have seen many, many iterations of security measures and the vast majority have been “knee jerk” policies and procedures. What is needed is a comprehensive review with some logical and real world policies and procedures being instituted that have real meaningful security impact. But, will the bureaucrats heed these suggestions? No, it would be a reflection of their failure and that can NEVER be allowed!
Agreed!!!

What you're (actually) talking-about is treating another symptom of (our failure in prosecuting) the War Against Terrorism.

To-date, politicians (seem to) have deferred to the xenophobic-tax-cutters (i.e. Freepers, Dead-O-Heads, Deathers, Birthers, Town-Hall-screamers, etc.)...who're constantly-chanting "We're The Greatest Country In The World!!", that can manage just fine Going-It-Alone (in whatever-situation)....and, falling flat-on-their-faces, time-after-time.

They're more-than-willing to support ANY strategy....as-long-as there're no (actual) co$t$, involved.

:rolleyes:

"Its mission is to give operational support to police departments around the world, by exchanging intelligence, tracking fugitives, and providing language and legal assistance in fighting crimes that cross international borders. Its staff is made up of police officers on loan from 58 different countries.

It's not glamorous work, but last year played a role in 4,500 arrests, including a war criminal from the former Yugoslavia and an al Qaeda terrorist connected to the Madrid train bombing.

"Every significant international terrorist attack that's occurred has been linked in some way with either a fraudulent passport, an authentic passport that's been modified or with a counterfeit passport," Noble explains. "So by catching the people with stolen passports, you get yourself closer to catching terrorists."

The system has been operational for more than two years, but the U.S. Department of Homeland Security is just now beginning to phase it in at some border locations. Noble says it's just one sign of U.S. reluctance to cooperate with international organizations, when it comes to terrorism.

The U.S. contributes $5.5 million to the organization's $50 million budget, a pittance compared to big city police departments.

"NYPD, $3 billion a year. FBI, $6 billion a year. DHS, $42 billion a year."

Back