TSA: You must now provide personal info 72 hours before any airline travel?

Little-Acorn

Found something interesting on American Airlines' website. Apparently there's a new Federal mandate saying that you can't fly unless you provide certain personal data at least 72 hours beforehand.

Does this mean no one can make last-minute reservations any more, emergency travel, etc.?

I'm pretty sure this is not a joke. Anyone else heard of this new directive?

Your papers, please!

-------------------------------------------

http://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/secureFlight.jsp?anchorLocation=DirectURL&title=secureflight

TSA Secure Flight Information

As a result of the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) mandate, beginning November 1, all passengers will be required to have Secure Flight Passenger Data (SFPD) in their reservation at least 72 hours prior to departure. This is the next phase in a program that was initiated by the TSA in 2009.

In compliance with this mandate you will be required to provide Secure Flight Passenger Data:

To purchase any ticket on or after September 15, 2010
To travel November 1, 2010, or later regardless of purchase date
You will be unable to travel without providing the following information.

* Full Name (first, middle and last name, as it appears on the non-expired government-issued photo ID that you will use when traveling)
* Date of Birth

You will need to provide Secure Flight Passenger Data:

* If it was not provided when you made your reservation
* For reservations made prior to adding SFPD to your AAdvantage account profile
* For all future reservations

Werbung:
ITS OFFICAL!!! OBAMA is now reincarnated as Adolph Hitler.
000-0827194458-hitlerbho.jpg

Werbung:
you liberal baby, why don't you care about our nations security? Also why do you care if your have to show your papers....is that reserved for Mexicans?
You support the Terrorist!

Lol. Is that you trying to have a sense of humor, Pockets? WOW! Who knew?

Actually if libs DID in fact care about our nations security, then they wouldn't be crying about "human rights" trumping LAW. They also wouldn't be crying about everybody having the right to come to America from every country where the general populus loves to chant "death to America", and calling those who oppose this human rights, reach out to the world mentality, "Nazis".

You say (jokingly, no doubt), that Little Acorn supports terrorists.
Could it be said equally "jokingly", that you support treason, when a law of the land seems "not nice" to whatever people, that you decided to be an armchair warrior for this week?

BTW: I often have to pull out my "papers", or driver's license, as the case actually is, a lot of times, at Wal Mart no less. I am brunette with olive skin. Should I accuse them of "profiling", or are they maybe just making sure that my check is O.K.?

Is there something in the liberal manual that says what a person can/should do when someone perhaps thinks they are a Mexican when they aren't? Is that what's happening to me????

Back