U.S 2007 Obama speech about Hurricane Katrina

Texas_tea

The MSM edited this part out of the report back in 2007. That is why this video is just now surfacing.

Clearly Obama is race baiting here. I know, that's no big surprise, but here is what makes this even worse.

Not Only was Obama race baiting and lying to the people of New Orleans ... he was actively voting against legislation to help them.

As it turns out, that just 10 days prior to Sen. Obama’s speech there was a vote in the US Senate on HR2206 -- The U.S. Troop Readiness, Veterans’ Care, Katrina Recovery & Iraq Accountability Appropriations Act of 2007. That House Resolution amounted to a $6.9 billion appropriation to the Gulf Coast which would waive the Stafford Act.

Sen. Obama voted against the legislation. He was one of just 14 Senators to vote against appropriating $7 billion to Katrina relief with no strings attached.

And then he went to Hampton and said the federal government doesn’t care about black people...

http://newmediajournal.us/indx.php/item/7039

Werbung:
Sen. Obama voted against the legislation. He was one of just 14 Senators to vote against appropriating $7 billion to Katrina relief with no strings attached.

And then he went to Hampton and said the federal government doesn’t care about black people...

http://newmediajournal.us/indx.php/item/7039

And the media ignored it. I'm surprised Hillary wasn't aware of this.

H.R.2206: Making emergency supplemental appropriations and additional supplemental appropriations for agricultural and other emergency assistance for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2007, and for other purposes.

Only 13 Senators voted against this legislation the far majority being Democrats. Wait a minute. I thought it was Romney and the Republicans who didn't care about the poor and wanted the people of New Orleans to suffer.

Democrats Voting 'Nay'
Sen. Barbara Boxer [D, CA]
Hillary Clinton
Christopher Dodd
Russell Feingold
Edward Kennedy
Sen. John Kerry [D, MA]
Sen. Patrick Leahy [D, VT]
Barack Obama
Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse [D, RI]
Sen. Ron Wyden [D, OR]

Republicans Voting 'Nay'
Sen. Richard Burr [R, NC]
Sen. Thomas Coburn [R, OK]
Sen. Michael Enzi [R, WY]

http://www.opencongress.org/vote/2007/s/181

One has to logically ask themselves ....
Why would Obama vote against legislation to help the people of New Orleans and then go and lie, race bait them, and blast the Federal Government for not helping them?

The Great Uniter ....
Really?

Not ignored .....

They ran the story. They edited this part out of the story and buried it deliberately!

Were they always in the tank for Obama? If this was known in '07 wouldn't they have clued Hillary in? She was pretty popular then.

Were they always in the tank for Obama? If this was known in '07 wouldn't they have clued Hillary in? She was pretty popular then.
I don't think so.
I believe they have always been in the tank for Obama. The MSM has ignored or buried other stories that potentially could have benefited Hillary over Obama.

I don't think so.
I believe they have always been in the tank for Obama. The MSM has ignored or buried other stories that potentially could have benefited Hillary over Obama.

Like the video the L.A. Times hid about Obama and some Muslim guy.

I'm surprised he didn't vote 'present'.

the interesting thing to me is why all the rest thought is a-ok to hock up 7 billion dollars to be spent any old way they wanted. mind you the "they" in question have a long and storied history of corruption not to mention the pilfering of many billions intended to keep up the levee systems and squandered elsewhere.

my allergies mess up my sense of smell but even I can tell that this whole thing stinks to high heaven.

I'm surprised he didn't vote 'present'.

the interesting thing to me is why all the rest thought is a-ok to hock up 7 billion dollars to be spent any old way they wanted. mind you the "they" in question have a long and storied history of corruption not to mention the pilfering of many billions intended to keep up the levee systems and squandered elsewhere.

my allergies mess up my sense of smell but even I can tell that this whole thing stinks to high heaven.

I thought this emergency funding for Katrina was attached to a military spending bill.

Werbung:
I thought this emergency funding for Katrina was attached to a military spending bill.

well what it got attached to is moot, the key element is waiving of the Stafford act, made it a blank check

The Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (Stafford Act) is a United States federal law designed to bring an orderly and systemic means of federal natural disaster assistance for state and local governments in carrying out their responsibilities to aid citizens. Congress' intention was to encourage states and localities to develop comprehensive disaster preparedness plans, prepare for better intergovernmental coordination in the face of a disaster, encourage the use of insurance coverage, and provide Federal assistance programs for losses due to a disaster.[1]

The Stafford Act is a 1988 amended version of the Disaster Relief Act of 1974. It created the system in place today by which a presidential disaster declaration of an emergency triggers financial and physical assistance through the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). The Act gives FEMA the responsibility for coordinating government-wide relief efforts. The Federal Response Plan implements includes the contributions of 28 federal agencies and non-governmental organizations, such as the American Red Cross. It is named for Robert Stafford, who helped pass the law.

Back