U. S oil production is up. Why are gas prices so high?

Prices are beginning to come down some, to be sure, but are still pretty high don't you agree?

This article explores the question:

Say, what? The US is producing more crude oil? With a Democrat in office? How can that be, when the Republicans were going to drill, baby drill????

And yet, gas still costs nearly four bucks a gallon.

Aha, so this is an international issue, isn't it?

and it seems the US is a net exporter of gasoline, diesel and jet fuel. Surprised? I was.

According to the article, there are five factors that affect prices:

So, based on that information, just what should the energy policy of the US be?

The bush boy and republican's law that allows American oil to be sold on the open market should be repealed.

All oil pumped in the USA should stay here in the USA.

We should bring back the wind fall profits tax that reagan and republicans repealed in the 80s.

You can do what I did in 2001. Decide to never buy a regular gas car again. I bought my first hybrid in 2001. The one I have now in my fourth. High gas prices don't really have much of an effect on me. My car only holds 10 gallons of gas but I can go up to round 500 miles on that one tank of gas. The cost to fill my tank is between 25 and 30 dollars right now. I don't let it go to E, I fill up when it gets down to the last quarter tank so I usually put in a little over 7 gallons of gas at a time.

As a nation we can make gas worthless. Just stop using it.

Change the vehicle you drive. There are hybrids, EVs and EV/hybrid cars available now. You don't have to spend a penny on gas if you don't want to.

Or you can keep handing your money over to people who have been robbing you for decades.

It's your choice.

Last edited:
Werbung:
The bush boy and republican's law that allows American oil to be sold on the open market should stop.

We should bring back the wind fall profits tax that reagan and republicans repealed in the 80s.

You can do what I did in 2001. Decide to never buy a regular gas car again. I bought my first hybrid in 2001. The one I have now in my fourth. High gas prices don't really have much of an effect on me. My car only holds 10 gallons of gas but I can go up to round 500 miles on that one tank of gas. The cost to fill my tank is between 25 and 30 dollars right now. I don't let it go to E, I fill up when it gets down to the last quarter tank so I usually put in a little over 7 gallons of gas at a time.

Change the vehicle you drive. There are hybrids, EVs and EV/hybrid cars available now. You don't have to spend a penny on gas if you don't want to.

Or you can keep handing your money over to people who have been robbing you for decades.

It's your choice.
Hey doofy, this thread is from 2012

If increasing domestic production didn't bring down oil prices, why do you think that increasing it further will? Oil is a world market.

The devaluation of the dollar is a scary proposition, given the world market situation. There's where the government needs to focus its attention: The debt.

We don't run more vehicles on NG because there aren't very many refill stations because there aren't too many cars that run on NG. It's a catch 22. How can that one be addressed? Build more NG cars? Build more filling stations? Private capital will build them if there's a profit. I don't think we want government building them.

Yes you do want the government to build them. And charging stations.

Private business is only going to do what is profitable and only go the the areas that are profitable.

That leaves out building more NG stations and EV charging stations. Especially in rural areas.

If you don't want the government doing it then you should want the government to pass a law the requires private business to do it and to not only do it in profitable areas. To not leave out the rural areas.

Those are the only 2 ways that those NG stations and charging stations can be built and built everywhere, including the rural areas.

Hey doofy, this thread is from 2012

I know that.

What I posted still applies.

The bush boy and republicans repealed the law that requires gas pumped here in the US to stay in the US. If you're an America first person you should agree with me that all oil pumped here in America should stay here in America. If not, you show that America first is just another conservative lie.

reagan and the republicans repealed the wind fall profits tax in the 80s. That tax helped keep price gouging and inflation in check. That's why it was implemented in the first place.

Today we have even more vehicles that either use very little gas or none at all. People have a choice from a wide variety of Hybrids, EVs and EV/Hybrid cars compared to what was available in 2012.

You can do what I did. Change the vehicle you drive. When I learned about Hybrid cars and that I could drastically cut the amount of my hard earned dollars going to a greedy oil company, I ran to the nearest Toyota dealer and bought one. That was in 2001.

The high price of gas stopped being a concern for me in April 2001 when I bought my first hybrid car.

You can keep being robbed by the oil companies. You seem to like it since you spend so much time defending the oil companies and refuse to change the vehicle you drive.

You expect the government to do everything for you. The government already did their job. They made sure private industry finally made the Hybrids, EVs and EV/Hybrid cars so you don't have to pay the high price of gas.

You haven't done your job. Which is to buy one. You seem to prefer to whine and complain that the government has not done your work for you than actually do something about it.

The bush boy and republican's law that allows American oil to be sold on the open market should be repealed.

It's your choice.
Just as a statistic.
USA is 5% of the world population but use 23% of the world's oil.

Oil production is higher than it ever was when Trump was in office, but demand is also higher. Rising prices are the result of the ration between supply and demand. If supply is up 20% and demand is up 21%, prices will be higher. Big Oil, OPEC and Russia are all greedy for money, and they are allied in making huge profits.

Oil production is higher than it ever was when Trump was in office, but demand is also higher. Rising prices are the result of the ration between supply and demand. If supply is up 20% and demand is up 21%, prices will be higher. Big Oil, OPEC and Russia are all greedy for money, and they are allied in making huge profits.
Biden and the deluded leftists oppose fossil fuel production, which is stupid.

+++++++++++++++++++

Uttered in 2008, still haunting Obama
120405_barack_obama_2008_ap_605.jpg

There are some statements that Obama might want to rewind. | REUTERS
By ERICA MARTINSON
04/05/2012

Here’s one line that President Barack Obama might want to rewind: “Under my plan … electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket.”
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Biden and the deluded leftists oppose fossil fuel production, which is stupid.

+++++++++++++++++++

Uttered in 2008, still haunting Obama
120405_barack_obama_2008_ap_605.jpg

There are some statements that Obama might want to rewind. | REUTERS
By ERICA MARTINSON
04/05/2012

Here’s one line that President Barack Obama might want to rewind: “Under my plan … electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket.”
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Who the poo cares abut your silly Fox quotes? Obama was president for EIGHT YEARS and my electricity bill did not go up even 2%.

Why should Obama rewind anything?

Obama would have beat the crap out of your larcenous lying hero had he been able to run for a third term.

Who the poo cares abut your silly Fox quotes? Obama was president for EIGHT YEARS and my electricity bill did not go up even 2%.

Why should Obama rewind anything?

Obama would have beat the crap out of your larcenous lying hero had he been able to run for a third term.
I suspect the tens of millions of poor Americans struggling to pay their bills under the inflationary-hiked cost of living increases since Biden took office don't give a flip about how easy you may have it.

I suspect the tens of millions of poor Americans struggling to pay their bills under the inflationary-hiked cost of living increases since Biden took office don't give a flip about how easy you may have it.
I pay the same rates that everyone else pays. I never have paid over $100 a month for electricity, and the average is under $80. My rates have not gone up more than 4% since Obama took office.

People here in FL pay huge electric bills because they have Central AC units and like to keep the temperature in the 70º-76º F range. I have a small AC in my bedroom and get by just fine. think that this year I have needed to turn on the heat (a small oil-filled electric radiator) about 14 days this year. Today it is a comfy 82º F with 48% humidity.

I pay the same rates that everyone else pays. I never have paid over $100 a month for electricity, and the average is under $80. My rates have not gone up more than 4% since Obama took office.
You lucky guy. How have you managed to escape the skyrocketing price rises since Biden took office? You are aware that poverty among US children doubled in the US in just the 2nd year of Biden's WH occupation?

Werbung:
You lucky guy. How have you managed to escape the skyrocketing price rises since Biden took office? You are aware that poverty among US children doubled in the US in just the 2nd year of Biden's WH occupation?
Republicans cut off aid to children, bozo.

I avoid high prices by going yard sailing every week, which I have been doing for decades.

Why pay $8.99 + sales tax for Meguier's car wax when I can buy an unopened can of it in a sale, bought as a gift by some relative for a guy who never used it and is now deceased? Why pay store prices for paint, paintbrushes, clothes, shoes, cooking oil, canned food, tools, and all manner of other stuff, quite often brand new that someone received as a gift and never used?

One has to be an idiot to pay retail for some stuff I see at every sale: golf clubs, picture frames, copy paper, photo paper, computer devices, TV sets.

I am not a golfer, but when I see the prices, stores charge over $600 for a set of clubs and a bag that I could buy for maybe $75.

The money I do not spend, I invest. It has paid off for me 26 of the last 30 years. I do my own taxes, I mow my own grass.

Back