US holocaust in Vietnam

Stalin

Since the H word seems to be back in fashion, is anyone prepared to deny that 3 million people and millions of acres were destroyed by the US invasion of Vietnam ?

This should prove interesting. Or be ignored.

Comrade Stalin

Werbung:
Since the H word seems to be back in fashion, is anyone prepared to deny that 3 million people and millions of acres were destroyed by the US invasion of Vietnam ?

This should prove interesting. Or be ignored.

Comrade Stalin

Did people die needlessly in that war? Yes!
In hindsight might we have handled it better? Yes!
Were the VC a brutal and unmerciful fighting machine? Yes!
Did the VC ignore Geneva Convention and torture prisoners? Yes!
Did they execute anyone who opposed their views? Yes!
Did they execute the families of people who fought against them? Yes!

Oh, if we're talking Holocaust, remember your namesake killed more Jews, Poles, and Russians than anyone except Mao. It was the second largest ethnic and political cleansing in the worlds history. Hitler and the Nazi's were only number three on the list.

still waiting for the VC to say they are sorry to the countless they killed...and last I recalled...the US was asked to fight in Vietnam, just because it was by the south does not make it less true....

I do not know what you mean by VC.

Perhaps you could enlighten me,

Comrade Stalin

Amusing collection of logical fallacies but I am pleased that no one has denied the atrocities of the War Party, hoping that the modern criminal defence of throwing mud at the victims will do the trick.

It won't.

Comrade Stalin

still waiting for the VC to say they are sorry to the countless they killed...and last I recalled...the US was asked to fight in Vietnam, just because it was by the south does not make it less true....

The corrupt, dictatorial regime in South Vietnam begged us to help when they couldn't get enough support from the local population to support them. In fact, the VC moved easily through the countryside because the rural population. President Dwight D. Eisenhower wrote that "80 per cent of the population would have voted for the Communist Ho Chi Minh" if free elections were held.

The US was anxious to provide military support because of the flawed logic of Domino Theory, a crazy idea that if one government fell to Communism eventually all of South East Asia would fall to Communism. The theory took no account of the existing political structure in the governments of South East Asia. In fact, Indonesia had successfully fought off an attempt by Communists to take over the government in the 1950's - proof that all nations would not fall to the "red tide of Communism".

The Vietnam War was a civil war, plain and simple - just as the 2nd Gulf War in Iraq was/is a civil war. Different factions of the country trying to gain full control. Except in the case of the Iraq War, we are following another flawed, over-generalized philosophy that we are fighting a War on Terrorism.

Better RE-Check your timeline....​
"U.S. involvement in Vietnam during World War II saw the Vietnamese as our allies. A group of OSS agents (later to become the CIA) made contact with anti-Japanese guerrillas in Southeast Asia. The French who had controlled the area were the "Vichy" French who, with their Nazi leanings, supported the Japanese. Of the different Vietnamese nationalists, only the Viet Minh under Ho Chi Minh led the national network of underground organizations and guerrillas fighting.

Ho Chi Minh met with the U.S. operative, Major Patti, and they agreed on joint anti-Japanese actions. The U.S. dropped supplies behind the lines to Ho Chi Minh and the Viet Minh helped Americans downed behind Japanese lines. The first American advisors helped train, equip and arm the Viet Minh. In 1945, the Democratic Republic of Vietnam was formed with Ho Chi Minh as the first President. American planes flew over Hanoi in celebration of the founding. The Vietnamese Declaration of Independence echoed that of the U.S.: "All men are created equal. They are endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights, among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness...This immortal statement is extracted from the Declaration of Independence of the United States of America in 1776. Understood in the broader sense this means: All people on earth are born equal. Every person has the right to live, to be happy, and free."

Ho Chi Minh asked the Americans to honor their commitment to independence, citing the Atlantic Charter and the U.N. Charter on self-determination. However, by the end of the war, the U.S. government had begun to redirect its foreign policy from the wartime goal of the liberation of all occupied countries and colonies to the postwar anti-communist crusade, which became the Cold War. In France, where communists had led the resistance to the Nazi occupation, American policy supported General Charles de Gaulle and his anti-communist "Free French." De Gaulle aimed to restore the glory of France, which meant the return of all former French colonies. U.S. relations with the Vietnamese turned sour. President Truman refused to answer letters or cables from Ho. Instead, the U.S. began to [URL="http://www.vvaw.org/about/warhistory.php"]ship military aid to the French forces[/URL] in Indochina."
We SCREWED the VIETNAMESE!!!!!!!

:mad:

Did people die needlessly in that war? Yes!
In hindsight might we have handled it better? Yes!
Were the VC a brutal and unmerciful fighting machine? Yes!
Did the VC ignore Geneva Convention and torture prisoners? Yes!
Did they execute anyone who opposed their views? Yes!
Did they execute the families of people who fought against them? Yes!

Oh, if we're talking Holocaust, remember your namesake killed.....
Whoah....Whoah....Whoahhhhhhhhh.....

Shouldn't we continue with the (little-less-biased) subject-at-HAND, first??!!!
October 19, 2003

buriedsecrets.jpg

"The Blade's investigation began after the newspaper obtained 22 pages of classified Army records detailing atrocities by Tiger Force.

The records of the Army's Criminal Investigation Command were just the start.

Reporters reviewed volumes of research on the Vietnam War, finding no mention of the Army's investigation of the platoon's atrocities.

They inspected thousands of declassified records of the case from the National Archives in suburban Washington and obtained hundreds of additional classified documents of the case. They also interviewed dozens of former Tiger Force soldiers."

VC is "Viet Cong" common name for Vietnamese insurgents.
Hmmmmmmmm.....

insurgent: a person who revolts against civil authority or an established government.

Yeah.....let's HEAR it, for a government established by French COLONISTS!!!!

:rolleyes:

The corrupt, dictatorial regime in South Vietnam begged us to help when they couldn't get enough support from the local population to support them. In fact, the VC moved easily through the countryside because the rural population. President Dwight D. Eisenhower wrote that "80 per cent of the population would have voted for the Communist Ho Chi Minh" if free elections were held.
Yeah....ya' gotta watch-out for those Democratic Elections...especially if the locals are voting for their-own interests!!!!!

Werbung:
OK, I know that I am largely the one guilty of throwing this thread off topic. I know there is interest in speaking to the original purpose of this thread. So I am going to delete all of the off topic posts. My apologies, keep an eye out for a future thread concerning the Native American Genocide.

Back