USA military spending... Some perspectives...

Starcastle

My intention here is to not be partisan. I will take some shots at neocons but they can be found in both parties. When you listen to people like Lindsay Graham talk there seems to be no end in what we can spend. By the time this war in Ukraine ends(This decade?) we will have spent $50B helping Ukraine. The tab is pushing $20B now.

The numbers are astronomical with single companies taking in as much as entire countries will pay for military in a year.

Lockheed Martin. The aerospace company gets 88% of their sales from government contracts and revenues this year will be about $67B. That means Lockheed Martin symbol LMT takes in a similar amount that Germany and France spend on military in a year.

Much was made about the military hardware left behind in Afghanistan. At least $7B worth. That's what Mexico spends in a year on military. We can joke about Mexico but that is a country of 130 million people. That's what we leave on the ground!

The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan cost around $2T! What did we accomplish? Nothing!

It is time for us to stop thinking we need to be the world's police and we need to start demanding our allies do more.

Werbung:
My intention here is to not be partisan. I will take some shots at neocons but they can be found in both parties. When you listen to people like Lindsay Graham talk there seems to be no end in what we can spend. By the time this war in Ukraine ends(This decade?) we will have spent $50B helping Ukraine. The tab is pushing $20B now.

The numbers are astronomical with single companies taking in as much as entire countries will pay for military in a year.

Lockheed Martin. The aerospace company gets 88% of their sales from government contracts and revenues this year will be about $67B. That means Lockheed Martin symbol LMT takes in a similar amount that Germany and France spend on military in a year.

Much was made about the military hardware left behind in Afghanistan. At least $7B worth. That's what Mexico spends in a year on military. We can joke about Mexico but that is a country of 130 million people. That's what we leave on the ground!

The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan cost around $2T! What did we accomplish? Nothing!

It is time for us to stop thinking we need to be the world's police and we need to start demanding our allies do more.
Heard it all before.

Americans love being the world's policeman. Greatest country on earth etc. Gun crazy, biggest military etc. Its basically a penile extension for many.

I thought we could have a decent discussion on this topic but no. Boris sees it as an opportunity to bash this country and be a dick as usual.

Bottom line is that we do not need to spend more than $500B total in defense. That's military, intelligence and Homeland security. So about half what we spend now.

The Europeans can defend themselves. Japan can do more in the Pacific. Half our international bases can be closed.

I thought we could have a decent discussion on this topic but no. Boris sees it as an opportunity to bash this country and be a dick as usual.

Bottom line is that we do not need to spend more than $500B total in defense. That's military, intelligence and Homeland security. So about half what we spend now.

The Europeans can defend themselves. Japan can do more in the Pacific. Half our international bases can be closed.
You're main problem is you DONT think other than everyone should agree with you. That's your narcissistic sociopathic tendencies again.

You people skills are virtually nil other than you can write.
I can't be the only one who has revealed your a bully.
Get that under control if you want to be taken seriously.

You're main problem is you DONT think other than everyone should agree with you. That's your narcissistic sociopathic tendencies again.

You people skills are virtually nil other than you can write.
I can't be the only one who has revealed your a bully.
Get that under control if you want to be taken seriously.

Earth to brain stem.

I brought up a valid point that so called liberals(None of you are liberal) normally would agree with. All you just did was write a post entirely about me and your obsession with me. How is a post about spending too much on military and national security narcissistic or sociopathic? It is a normal valid subject of discussion on a political message board.

Notice the consistency of my positions. Whether talking about NATO, Germany, the Ukraine war or the middle east I consistently hold the position that the USA does not need to be the police for the world. We do not need to be the primary security for rich white European nations. We do not need to occupy countries forever and we do not need to get involved in idiot foreign wars. That is a consistent position that real liberals and libertarians would agree with.

What pisses you off is that I have an opinion and worse yet in your mind the right to have an opinion. Authoritarian fascists like you hate anybody who can think and express themselves.

Earth to brain stem.

I brought up a valid point that so called liberals(None of you are liberal) normally would agree with. All you just did was write a post entirely about me and your obsession with me. How is a post about spending too much on military and national security narcissistic or sociopathic? It is a normal valid subject of discussion on a political message board.

Notice the consistency of my positions. Whether talking about NATO, Germany, the Ukraine war or the middle east I consistently hold the position that the USA does not need to be the police for the world. We do not need to be the primary security for rich white European nations. We do not need to occupy countries forever and we do not need to get involved in idiot foreign wars. That is a consistent position that real liberals and libertarians would agree with.

What pisses you off is that I have an opinion and worse yet in your mind the right to have an opinion. Authoritarian fascists like you hate anybody who can think and express themselves.
I don't care what you think of your assertions. My Opinion Of you has not changed and nothing you post will change that.

All you do is address everyone like school kids because of your self assessed intellect.
It doesn't wash with me.

Where is the fiscal responsibility? Biden's military budget will be $773B in 2023 an 8.1% increase over this year. That does not include the money we send to Ukraine and Zelensky. That does not include the budget for Homeland security and intelligence.

The 2023 budget is for $5.8T!

Watch the libtard idiots get pissed that I'm attacking conservatives on Foxnews.

General Jack Keane retired is a conservative commentator on Foxnews. He is part of the problem. So by the way is Maria Bartiromo if you listen to her comments about military spending.

Here Gen Keane says we are militarily inferior to China and could lose a war to them over Taiwan. While he is critical of leadership his main point is that we are not spending enough. $800B not enough!

The problem with Jack Keane is that he has a conflict of interest. He is on the board of directors of a major defense contractor AM General. They make Humvees. He will never think we are spending enough and he will never argue against an idiot war and perpetual occupations. More spending and more war means selling more of those Humvees.

One think I will say about military spending, first you have to decide is it worth it to keep us from the point that they know we can rain down hell on their nation if we desire to ,
Our navy is the best in the world, and it keeps shipping lanes clear and safe , how much is that worth.
and I also feel nato natins do not pitch in like they should and its for their be4nift to keep nations like Russia and China and Iran and Syria at bay
they really need to pay more

One think I will say about military spending, first you have to decide is it worth it to keep us from the point that they know we can rain down hell on their nation if we desire to ,
Our navy is the best in the world, and it keeps shipping lanes clear and safe , how much is that worth.
and I also feel nato natins do not pitch in like they should and its for their be4nift to keep nations like Russia and China and Iran and Syria at bay
they really need to pay more

According to the neocons on Foxnews China has surpassed our navy simply because they now have more ships. Doesn't matter that our high end ships are 50% better.

We can close half our foreign bases and we should reduce our European commitment in half. We have already closed many bases that were once deemed essential so that was bullshit. Our largest foreign military bases were once Clark air force base and Subic bay naval base in the Philippines. They were supposed to be essential but the Philippine senate voted to no longer have them in 1991. Did closing them make us less secure? Not at all.

As for China they are not dumb enough to send 150,000 troops half a world away for 15 years to accomplish nonsense. I cannot imagine they would be dumb enough to give a country billions to fight terrorism that harbors the world's most wanted man which is what we did with Pakistan.

Another neocon boner from that brain stem Bush. We gave Pakistan $10B from 2001-2007 to fight terrorism while Bin Laden resided in comfort a football field from the Pakistan military academy. Even after the assassination of Benazir Bhutto in Dec 2007 it did not sink in that these people were not our friends.

According to the neocons on Foxnews China has surpassed our navy simply because they now have more ships. Doesn't matter that our high end ships are 50% better.

We can close half our foreign bases and we should reduce our European commitment in half. We have already closed many bases that were once deemed essential so that was bullshit. Our largest foreign military bases were once Clark air force base and Subic bay naval base in the Philippines. They were supposed to be essential but the Philippine senate voted to no longer have them in 1991. Did closing them make us less secure? Not at all.

As for China they are not dumb enough to send 150,000 troops half a world away for 15 years to accomplish nonsense. I cannot imagine they would be dumb enough to give a country billions to fight terrorism that harbors the world's most wanted man which is what we did with Pakistan.
The europeans need to pony up with funds or more men and tanks aircraft and ships

Werbung:
The europeans need to pony up with funds or more men and tanks aircraft and ships

Under no circumstances should we be providing any more than 25% of the security for that continent. We can always help, we can always have their backs but they have to do their fair share and the EU needs to take a stronger leadership role.

Back