1. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Vaughann722 - Introducing Myself

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Vaughann722, May 3, 2008.

1. Vaughann722

Vaughann722 Member

To begin with - sorry for reposting - but first time I accidentally posted this message in the wrong section...

To Introduce myself, though - here goes. :)

Hey - My name is Tristan. I'm 34 years old, with light brown hair, blue eyes, average looks. I live in Melbourne, Australia.

Mostly these days I'm involved as a freelance writer, although I'm also qualified as teacher of social sciences, humanities and English. I dearly want to succeed in my writing - but also to be paid well (without having to compromise) .

I'm also thinking about either travelling or beginning a PhD in Politics some time in the future. In the meantime, I'm hoping to get a 'head start' on a doctorate (and hopefully a book) by researching and writing about areas of special interest to me.

I have written for many magazines and journals - both online and regular publications.

I enjoy writing, eating out, movies, walking, talking about social issues and theory, politics etc.

I'm interested in reaching people with my work - to really make a difference. The more people I reach, the better. And provoking debate and response - is part of the journey.

[​IMG]

2. Walter

Walter Administrator Staff Member

Welcome on board! A good day to start (see Blog announcement) :)

Isn't working as a freelance writer pretty hard earned money?

3. Vaughann722

Vaughann722 Member

Dear Walter,

Truth be known - most of the time I'm not paid - but I'm hoping if I keep building my profile - that this will change one day. That said, I have been published very widely. I just hope one day some one will 'stand up and take notice' - and that I'll get a real break.

Take care, and thanks for the welcome.

sincerely,

Tristan

4. 9sublime

9sublime Well-Known Member

Welcome! We've got Yanks, Brits, and Aussies - a fiery combination?

5. Vaughann722

Vaughann722 Member

Thanks for saying hi, 9sublime. The more the merrier I guess. :)

Sometimes, though, I think it would be easier to be an American. (as opposed to being an Australian) With about 250 million people, I think it's easier - as an Amercian - appealing to a mass audience - and making a blog viable. (or maybe even making some money)

If you're interested, check out my latest blog entries at 'Znet':

http://www.zcommunications.org/blog/tristanewins

Znet membership is necessary to read the blog entries - but membership is free - and should not be a problem.

Your comments would really be welcome - here and at Znet. In particular, though, I'm eager to get some discussion going at Znet. (the article was not featured in the 'front page' - and is thus not generating anywhere near as much traffic as I would have liked)

For anyone who reads this - I'd appreciate any advice on who else might be interested in publishing... I think the Zspace entries have universal appeal - and my aim, in such cases, is to reach a significant global audience.

Take care and stay in touch - it was good to hear from you.

sincerely,

Tristan