VP Debate

pocketfullofshells

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
Question for those of you Republicans who know the VP's for your side a bit...

What on earth would Tim Pawlenty do in a Debate against Biden? Does not the Biden pick almost make sure its going to be Mitt or someone else? I am from MN, where is is Gov...and me and a freind ( republican) where talking, and both I just asked her, do you know of anything he has done as gov thats good, like just one thing where we said he did that well? And we both had to say no, no idea...she even said I did not like Ventra but I can still point out things he did I liked....So maybe I am missing something but if people from this state have a hard time saying anything good he did...how will that play natinaly when no one else knows anything at all about him?

Also he has Zero when it comes to Forgin affairs , more of a Buisness Republican. So when it gets the Debates...I have no idea who he will be able to stand up against Biden ...I know the VP debates dont mean much , but still...

So do you agree and would you say that this could take him out of running?

As far as Mitt, I think he is a much better attack dog at least even if his area is also Buisness...but I think he knows that better then Tim as well. Pawlenty is about a weak attack dog as I can think of.

Werbung:
Question for those of you Republicans who know the VP's for your side a bit...

What on earth would Tim Pawlenty do in a Debate against Biden? Does not the Biden pick almost make sure its going to be Mitt or someone else? I am from MN, where is is Gov...and me and a freind ( republican) where talking, and both I just asked her, do you know of anything he has done as gov thats good, like just one thing where we said he did that well? And we both had to say no, no idea...she even said I did not like Ventra but I can still point out things he did I liked....So maybe I am missing something but if people from this state have a hard time saying anything good he did...how will that play natinaly when no one else knows anything at all about him?

Also he has Zero when it comes to Forgin affairs , more of a Buisness Republican. So when it gets the Debates...I have no idea who he will be able to stand up against Biden ...I know the VP debates dont mean much , but still...

So do you agree and would you say that this could take him out of running?

As far as Mitt, I think he is a much better attack dog at least even if his area is also Buisness...but I think he knows that better then Tim as well. Pawlenty is about a weak attack dog as I can think of.

The worst thing McCain can do is pick a VP in response to the Biden pick.

SO even if you thought he would be get crushed in the Debate...and Mitt would not...and they where close you would not put that in Mitts Favor?

No, I do not think the McCain camp is going to make a pick based on Obama's pick. That is mostly because the VP always makes a stir for a week, and then they basically stop mattering for the duration.

Biden was a good pick of Obama, and now McCain is going to pick someone that adds something to his ticket, not takes away from the Obama ticket.

No, I do not think the McCain camp is going to make a pick based on Obama's pick. That is mostly because the VP always makes a stir for a week, and then they basically stop mattering for the duration.

Biden was a good pick of Obama, and now McCain is going to pick someone that adds something to his ticket, not takes away from the Obama ticket.

But you also dont want your VP to be a drain on you, and if your VP gets beat down in debates and that becomes a story, its a distraction you dont want. YOu dont have to win them, but I honesly think Tim Pawlenty gets a beat down in a debate...Mitt holds his own.

And while I dont like Pawlenty, he has also not done anything to make me hate him...so I am not just saying that becuse its him and I hate him or something.

Personaly I would like to see Chuck Hagel as his VP, but its not going to happen...then have both McCain and Obama drop out and have Biden/Hagel as a new ticket....yea I know would not work that way but still lol

But you also dont want your VP to be a drain on you, and if your VP gets beat down in debates and that becomes a story, its a distraction you dont want. YOu dont have to win them, but I honesly think Tim Pawlenty gets a beat down in a debate...Mitt holds his own.

And while I dont like Pawlenty, he has also not done anything to make me hate him...so I am not just saying that becuse its him and I hate him or something.

Personaly I would like to see Chuck Hagel as his VP, but its not going to happen...then have both McCain and Obama drop out and have Biden/Hagel as a new ticket....yea I know would not work that way but still lol

Yea, but I think you do more harm to yourself if you pick someone as a response to Biden that you do if you pick the best overall pick for yourself.

I say that because even if whoever McCain picks gets destroyed in a debate with Biden, no one will care except the political junkies. And we all know they are not the ones who decide the election.

As for you plan, I would only go along if we see a Hagel/Biden ticket :p

Yea, but I think you do more harm to yourself if you pick someone as a response to Biden that you do if you pick the best overall pick for yourself.

I say that because even if whoever McCain picks gets destroyed in a debate with Biden, no one will care except the political junkies. And we all know they are not the ones who decide the election.

As for you plan, I would only go along if we see a Hagel/Biden ticket :p

lol well as of now I am hoping for Hagel as Sec of Defence , and its likey he could get it. Obama and him get along well and agree in that area ...

lol well as of now I am hoping for Hagel as Sec of Defence , and its likey he could get it. Obama and him get along well and agree in that area ...

I do not think he would take it though. It is the same type scenario when Bush asked a few democrats in Congress to come to cabinet positions. Many times it is a ploy to just get them out of Congress and limit the influence that they have in the legislative branch.

I hear a lot of buzz on TV that McCain may pick Hillary Clinton. I mean as much money as Republicans are pouring into doing Hillary Clinton spots they really should ask her.:D

It just cracks me up because back a year ago when she was 20 points up on Obama she be the DEVIL! Back then Republicans were calling her a combination between a Black Widow Spider and Bride of Chucky!!!
:D

I hear a lot of buzz on TV that McCain may pick Hillary Clinton. I mean as much money as Republicans are pouring into doing Hillary Clinton spots they really should ask her.:D

I have to say I would laugh :D

It just cracks me up because back a year ago when she was 20 points up on Obama she be the DEVIL! Back then Republicans were calling her a combination between a Black Widow Spider and Bride of Chucky!!!

It is not that they like her, it is just that they are using her words to try to deepen the wedge between Clinton supporters and Obama. He cannot win the election without them, and he obviously still has a lot of work to do to get them all in line. It is a smart campaign move to run these ads, especially in strong Clinton spots that Obama is going to have to win.

Werbung:
Back