Wasting billions of dollars in Afghanistan

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Of course fighting a war on another continent is costly. And of course you can expect a small percentage of it spent on unneeded things or lost due to corruption. And of course you think someone will be accountable for wrongdoings.

Wrong.

https://projects.propublica.org/graphics/afghan#afg-article

What a mess!

One of the many highlights: how to build a courthouse. Hire a contractor who is unknown and only in business for 6 months, the contractor hires a subcontractor that actively supports the Taliban, the contractor disappears with$400,000 and the courthouse still isn't built.

Last edited:
Werbung:
The other option is nuclear or biological attacks in the US and Pakistan won't help the situation - cause it wants a buffer against India.

The best option I see is to boogy out and never look back. Write off the $ spent and spend no more.

I agree! The Russian tried it before, and they failed. . .after YEARS of trying. What makes us think that we can do better? Sounds a little bit like the repeat of Vietnam. . . the US trying to control something that they have no business controlling. . .after the French tried and failed!

I agree! The Russian tried it before, and they failed. . .after YEARS of trying. What makes us think that we can do better? Sounds a little bit like the repeat of Vietnam. . . the US trying to control something that they have no business controlling. . .after the French tried and failed!
Two entirely different objectives.

The nukes and biological threat, etc.. make it a permanent insane asylum, so that's why we can't leave, maybe never.

The nukes and biological threat, etc.. make it a permanent insane asylum, so that's why we can't leave, maybe never.

Does that mean the US should occupy ALL the places that have access to nukes? Or just those we don't agree with?

And in the mean time, we have a mentally ill clown with his hand on the button!

Sick!

Does that mean the US should occupy ALL the places that have access to nukes? Or just those we don't agree with?

And in the mean time, we have a mentally ill clown with his hand on the button!

Sick!

The leader isn't the point. The US has to keep up its guard all the time, nonetheless.

The leader isn't the point. The US has to keep up its guard all the time, nonetheless.

Maybe the US should concentrate more on improving the life of its own citizens, providing them with good, affordable healthcare, work on the US infrastructure, and assure that human rights violations do not occur as frequently! (We already received a warning about the slippery slope of our bigoted new policies!).

United Nations rights panel warns US over racist rhetoric - CNN
edition.cnn.com/2017/08/23/world/un-us-racism-warning/index.html

This is certainly NOT happening at this time. . .and yet, I thought the clown was elected with the idea of focusing on AMERICA and AMERICANS!

So. . .YES, the leader IS the point. . .as HE makes the decisions at this time!

The best option I see is to boogy out and never look back. Write off the $ spent and spend no more.

And make sure anyone we elect to power has studied the history of our role in Afganistan, in Iraq, in Vietnam, and understands the consequences of engaging in warfare around the world with no declaration of war and no commitment to win or even a clear idea of what "winning" would entail.

What is our objective in Afganistan, anyway, or is that classified?

And make sure anyone we elect to power has studied the history of our role in Afganistan, in Iraq, in Vietnam, and understands the consequences of engaging in warfare around the world with no declaration of war and no commitment to win or even a clear idea of what "winning" would entail.

What is our objective in Afganistan, anyway, or is that classified?
It was pretty clear till bo came along.

Werbung:
Back