Whackin' On The Poor; A Judeo-Christian "Value"

Mr. Shaman

"There is, some say, a deep American anger toward the poor for violating the near-sacred belief that all people can pull themselves up by their bootstraps. It's connected to a notion, rooted in Puritanism, "that the poor must have done something wrong because they weren't blessed by the heavens, as the prosperous are," Blanchette said."

Gee....and, I always figured sadistic/self-centered people were merely average, ordinary, garden-variety pr!cks. All-this-time it was a religious-tenet.

How embarrassing. :eek:

Werbung:
Gee....and, I always figured sadistic/self-centered people were merely average, ordinary, garden-variety pr!cks. All-this-time it was a religious-tenet.

How embarrassing. :eek:

Just exactly, save from your hatred of all things Christian, did the article mention a religious tenet? You are not actually ignorant enough to believe that Judeo/Christianity preaches some kind of "blessings from heaven" for some particular group, and not others, do you?

I know the Hindu "religion" does, and several other religious systems with a caste system, however, your direct attack was against Judeo/Christians.

Just exactly, save from your hatred of all things Christian, did the article mention a religious tenet? You are not actually ignorant enough to believe that Judeo/Christianity preaches some kind of "blessings from heaven" for some particular group, and not others, do you?
Gee.....you mean (like) Muslims????? (...Or, Islamofascists, as you GAWD-fearin'-folks like to call 'em.)

:rolleyes:

Gee.....you mean (like) Muslims????? (...Or, Islamofascists, as you GAWD-fearin'-folks like to call 'em.)

:rolleyes:

And just what do you God hating Athiests call them?

I don't know if you actually read the article, however, there was a lot of truth in it, and a lot of BS. I especially "liked" the one part where they talked about the gal who had been shot in the stomach, and raped. It made a point of trying to say that those who were on welfare did not try to make a lifestyle of living off the government. In her case she used to be on welfare. However, when the laws were changed she then went on SSDI as if that was not living off the government. Never did say she worked for a living. Then too, she is a single mother of two children both born out of wedlock.

I think that is what bothers a lot of people about the system. When the welfare program was reformed in 1996 it was again filled with a lot of loopholes. The 5 year limit was fastly breached, challenges were made to the work provisions, and women could still have illegitimate children to stay on the program.

The most aggregious factor was that while the numbers of welfare participants went down the numbers of people placed on SSDI swelled. Children with a diagnosis of ADD, or ADHD, were allowed on the program. The illiterate were allowed on. Alcoholics, and drug addicts, were allowed on even though there were allegedly provisions to prevent that from occuring.

Now, whether you like it or not, there is a body of people in this country that actually believe one should work for a living. They should not be allowed to live off the earnings of others specifically if they are healthy enough to work. Exceptions are always made for those who are sick, in prison, the fatherless, the widow, the homeless. Just not for the lazy, the slothful.

Prior to the gov't's causing the Great Depression if was the family, the Church, the commnity, then the town, the county, and the State, that cared for the less fortunate. However, these sources became overwhelmed, and the people were forced to turn to the federal gov't, and the federal gov't took full advantage of it to beging on its purpose of making the people more dependent on the fed just as it is now.

So, when Conservative Christians, who give more to charity then any other segment of society especially the Athiest, speak of all the damage being done by the gov't programs to the people, it is not "whacking the poor" as you would like others to believe. It is actually out of concern for the welfare of society as a whole.

Now, lets see what other lies you have up your sleeve.

Now, whether you like it or not, there is a body of people in this country that actually believe one should work for a living. They should not be allowed to live off the earnings of others....
Yeah....I've heard that...... :rolleyes:

love_is_hate.jpg

"In 1994 The 700 Club carried frequent reports on the humanitarian work being done in Zaire by Operation Blessing, Robertson's international relief organization. Typically, the reports were accompanied by appeal$ for donation$.

What Robertson didn't tell viewers was that he also owned a for-profit company, African Development Co., which, with Mobutu's blessing, was doing exploratory mining for diamonds in Zaire.

Also unreported-- until two pilots came forward with the story in 1997-- was the fact that Operation Blessing's tax-exempt cargo planes were used almost exclusively for Roberton's diamond-mining operationhttp://www.msmagazine.com/sept03/sizemore.asp, not for humanitarian purposes."

God is love

Well unless you were around when he first had a go at making people.

That was so crappy he had to drown nearly all of them and start again.

Of course he loves you if you think one way but if you think another he will ensure that you are burned for eternity no less.

Now that is real love.

Of course, you do have an alternative to being burned forever and that is to have to read OldTrapper's posts.

Personally I would take the burning.

God is love

Well unless you were around when he first had a go at making people.

That was so crappy he had to drown nearly all of them and start again.
Better brush-up on yer' Good-Book-larnin'!!!!!

It never used the term Crappy!!

Maybe yer' thinkin' o' all-o'-that, there begattin'-stuff!

There is no such thing as atheism.

You don't have labels for not believing in fairies or father xmas and they have the same existential status as god.

Werbung:
Back