What insulin do you use with the Animas

Carlsen

if you have diabetes i will like to talk with somebody who understand. i use the Animas but when i play sports i t is difficult to wear. i still must use lancets but it i s not so bad as without Animas. if you have insulin pump what sort of insulin do you use. have you use the insulin Lantus or Levemir?

Werbung:
if you have diabetes i will like to talk with somebody who understand. i use the Animas but when i play sports i t is difficult to wear. i still must use lancets but it i s not so bad as without Animas. if you have insulin pump what sort of insulin do you use. have you use the insulin Lantus or Levemir?

My kid is type 1 uses lantis not sure the name of the pump but it involves a pod that you stick on yourself as opposed to one you clip on your clothing with a tube. Allows for active movement. Still have to do a bolus for unusual intake and its not thst eady to deal with needingnless when active. Best you can do outside of really expensive ones is be consustant in your exersize and ptogram the drip rate accordingly.

You can disconnect the pump and go tetherless during sports. If it is a short period of time when you reconnect the activity will likely have kept you from going high. If it will be longer you have the option to bolus with a syringe/pen or to have taken a portion of your basal with lantus so you are never uncovered and have protection against ketones.

There are even ways to be on the pump all week long and then switch to MDI each weekend.

For more information try the www.childrenwithdiabetes.com forums. There you can get opinions from hundreds of parents and others with T1 rather than from the few of us here.

Werbung:
i do this sometime for hockey practice if it is not i n the morning. i can not do this when there is a game. the animas i t is not comfortable but it is better then injections

Back