What is the point?

Dawkinsrocks

Christians are always banging on about how pointless life is in the context of the fact that god does not exist.

They do not seem to realise that pointlessness is not a defence.

According to christians you spend all your life doing as god says in return for a ticket into heaven where you will live forever.

So here's my question.

What is the point of that?

I can think of nothng worse than eternal life and anyone who seriously contemplates it soon realises that it is actually a nightmare scenario.

So, christians, what is the point of living forever in heaven?

Werbung:
So, christians, what is the point of living forever in heaven

No traffic signals? No you?

Now for the hundredth time, please show the passage in the Bible where Jesus says unequivocably that everlasting life is in Heaven? Hint: Don't bother. It isn't there.

No Dawkins you don't think at all. you just take snippets of truths and apply them across the board. Hope that works out for ya.

You don't seem to have the backbone to answer direct questions either. Is that a result of the fact that your ancestors didn't evolve into thinking humans?

If your answer to my question about what the point is is an example of the answers you respect then it is no surprise that you disdain mine

Christians and reason don't mix well

And you think that you are the voice of reason because you believe in mankind's omniscience as to the origins of life and matter? See the difference between us is that I know as much as you do about the concept of evolution. You don't know anything about Christianity, except for the items that you think prove your point. The rest you dismiss.

I don't have disdain for you. I just don't agree with you. I couldn't care less about you. Is that unreasonable?

I'll answer your question. There is no point to living forever in heaven, 'cause it isn't gonna happen, and the origins of that thought was the catholic church, not Jesus. Why can't you understand that?

Christians are always banging on about how pointless life is in the context of the fact that god does not exist.

They do not seem to realise that pointlessness is not a defence.

According to christians you spend all your life doing as god says in return for a ticket into heaven where you will live forever.

So here's my question.

What is the point of that?

I can think of nothng worse than eternal life and anyone who seriously contemplates it soon realises that it is actually a nightmare scenario.

So, christians, what is the point of living forever in heaven?

For a life away from people like you

Thatb was tried by someone else so I guess it must be the point of going to heaven for christians.

I know you have to be mad to believe in god but I had underestimated how deranged you have to be.

Also, aren't you supposed to care for me and want to bring me into the fold?

Or is it that you just don't have an answer to my very valid question so you use that classic christian response - insult.

Enjoy wasting your life following a myth in the hope of an eternal and pointless existence as a reward.

Hey bododie, sounds like you are saying there isn't heaven.

Now that is a very peculiar brand of christianity.

Are you sure you aren't just saying that to avoid my very reasonable question?

I think you are

How many other christians out there don't believe in heaven?

I love this continual moving of the goal posts.

I know how Darwin must have felt when he debunked creation.

This is what you said

''Now for the hundredth time, please show the passage in the Bible where Jesus says unequivocably that everlasting life is in Heaven? Hint: Don't bother. It isn't there.''

Care to explain if you are n now saying that there is heaven

This religious stuff is so confusing

One day there is creationism and the next, intelligent design

Then there is heaven, then not, then back again.

Then there is the flood. It is literal, no wait a minute it is impossible so it is allegorical.

No wonder your defense to everything is 'you don't understand'.

I would have thought that if you could you would enlighten me.

Isn't that what Jesus asked you to do?

When he wasn't going for a stroll on the sea that is.

Care to explain if you are n now saying that there is heaven
Dawkins. I suggest that English doesn't translate well into arabic so listen:

Saying that everlasting life isn't in heaven doesn't mean heaven doesn't exist. Just like the look in your goats eyes doesn't mean what you think it does.....

Go read a comic book. Spiderman evolved. That should make you happy.

Now that wasn't much of an explanation now was it?

I reckon lots of poor christians will be thinking 'but I thought I had given up on fun to secure an eternal place in heaven'.

OH and BTW suggesting that I am an Arab because I don't believe in god is ever so slightly ridiculous as Arabs are about as obsessed with religion as neocons.

You aren't doing very well are you?

Now try again and explain what you think heaven is.

I can't wait, I love a good laugh

Werbung:
I can suggest anything I want. I kinda like the goat thing better anyway. Dawkins, I'll tell ya what. You're kinda like a toy that doesn't do anything except go around and around. They get boring after a while and you throw them away. Why don't you read the book that you are trashing. You aren't prepared for class. Believe whatever you want. And learn to tell the truth. You said you were leaving. Why are you still here?

Back