What is the point?

Dawkins does this every time he's cornered. Not a lot of gumption coming up from the youth of his land.

Werbung:
BigRob, look at the post I was responding to and then re-read my post.

Bododie was talking about christian war against muslims and so I referred him/her to a film dispelling the myths around that subject

I know you are prejudiced against me because of your extreme right wing apple pie views but do try to keep up

Anyway, back to the point of the post which is...

What is the point of heaven?

What do you do in heaven that doesn't send you mad when done for eternity?

Especially when you consider the kind of feeble minded people you have to spend eternity with.

That sounds more like hell to me.

Anyway, back to the point of the post which is...

What is the point of heaven?

What do you do in heaven that doesn't send you mad when done for eternity?

Especially when you consider the kind of feeble minded people you have to spend eternity with.

That sounds more like hell to me.

I honestly do not think you have any need to worry about being stuck in heaven. Of all the things you could worry about.... this is really not one of them :)

I am not worried

I know there is no such place.

I AM worried about all the poor children whose life will be ruined by this lie though.

Any chance you might address the point I raise?

I am not worried

I know there is no such place.

I AM worried about all the poor children whose life will be ruined by this lie though.

Any chance you might address the point I raise?

what do you suggest a person tells their child, assuming they dont just abort them to start with......

what should a person tell their child about spiritual things?

There is not a shred of evidence for anything spiritual yet you berate me for not wanting my children to be fed this ****.

You would rather their mind be polluted with the nonesense that has been used throughout the ages to justify tyrrany and impoverishment.

Do you teach your children about goblins and elves and tell them they are real?

There is as much evidence as there is for anything 'spirtual'?

You will note that children are taught about Santa Claus with the rider that if they are good they will get presents.

Has it ever struck yoiu that christianity is exactly the same?

It is the leaders saying to the masses 'if you behave well you will go to heaven'.

The only difference is people grow out of believeing in Santa Claus

There is not a shred of evidence for anything spiritual yet you berate me for not wanting my children to be fed this ****.

You would rather their mind be polluted with the nonesense that has been used throughout the ages to justify tyrrany and impoverishment.

Do you teach your children about goblins and elves and tell them they are real?

There is as much evidence as there is for anything 'spirtual'?

I dont give a crap what you teach your kids, I was talking about what I teach my own

And you will teach them superstitious claptrap so that thy will be less able to deal with reality and have an unhappy life worrying for a part of their childhood about hell and later finding themselves isolated in a world that has moved on

That is child abuse

And you will teach them superstitious claptrap so that thy will be less able to deal with reality and have an unhappy life worrying for a part of their childhood about hell and later finding themselves isolated in a world that has moved on

That is child abuse

If I dont care what garbage you teach your rug rats, why would you care what I teach mine?

I would bet a million bucks the crap you teach your children is actually dangerous.

Your children will be exposed to more and more views like mine now that the church doesn't kill you for holding them and they will reject the rubbish you are filling them with.

Sorry chum, but mine are never going to turn round to me and berate me for teaching that evolution stuff.

Werbung:
Your children will be exposed to more and more views like mine now that the church doesn't kill you for holding them and they will reject the rubbish you are filling them with.

Sorry chum, but mine are never going to turn round to me and berate me for teaching that evolution stuff.

I hope they dont, that would be disrespectful. You teach them what you feel is right and that is admirable of you. I would never berate you for teaching that to your kids or believing it yourself. What I dont get is why you get so upset of others dont buy into it with you?

I dont get upset if you dont think like me, I dont think anyone here that you opose thinks that but you get so upset when others dont think like you. I really find that strange, but I find that with most liberals. I really dont understand it.

Back