What is the Role for Nuclear Weapons

There are only three options because that is what I felt offered the most practical sense given the state of the world and our current technology.

If someone can invent a "nuclear umbrella" then I am all for it, but that is only a very small part of the picture. That still will not defend against backpack bombs or suitcase bombs. Personally, I am more worried about a biological attack than a nuclear attack from a terror group.

I'll take your option 5. ;)

I agree about the bi/chem attack...its a much bigger fear, but there are some scary things about how some nations deal with nuclear matereals that still scare me a bit. One Russian was found going to back market to sell some materials...only due to them stopping 2 others he was with they knew about ...due to the poor measurements of there weights and measures they used...they had a 3% tolerance for materials....and thus he just skimmed 2-3% of it everytime....and had a containment thing at his home...buy the time he tried to sell it...he had enough for a small weapon....yet based on the accounting, nothing would have been known missing...kinda scary.

Werbung:
There are only three options because that is what I felt offered the most practical sense given the state of the world and our current technology.

If someone can invent a "nuclear umbrella" then I am all for it, but that is only a very small part of the picture. That still will not defend against backpack bombs or suitcase bombs. Personally, I am more worried about a biological attack than a nuclear attack from a terror group.

I'll take your option 5. ;)

I knew that you would! It's messy, but so definitive and pragmatic.

Back