What to discuss if a Sino-US summit is ever held?

reedak

1. ....Chinese students contribute nearly US$13 billion annually to the US economy, according to NAFSA: Association of International Educators....

In the past year, Trump administration officials – including FBI director Christopher Wray, senior White House figures and even the president himself – have portrayed Chinese studying in the US as threats to national security.

Citing espionage concerns, the State Department last June shortened the length of visas for Chinese graduate students in fields such as aviation, robotics and advanced manufacturing....to one year from the previous five....

2. ....shockingly enough, Trump has himself used such foul language in the past — specifically at a 2011 political rally in Las Vegas where he told the crowd what he would do about cheap Chinese exports flooding into the US and leading to the loss of American jobs:

“So easy! I’d drop a 25 percent tax on China. And, you know, I said to somebody that it’s really the messenger. The messenger is important. I could have one man say, ‘We’re gonna tax you 25 percent.’ And I could say another, ‘Listen you mxxxxxfxxxxrs, we’re gonna tax you 25 percent!'”...

3. US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Sunday ( June 16, 2019 ) that Donald Trump will discuss the Hong Kong protests with his Chinese counterpart at the upcoming G20 summit at Osaka. What's there to discuss with someone who told his followers "We are going to win, win, win."?

Anyway, there is no harm joining the clown for some fun in his game. The following issues are worthy of consideration:

(a) The recent unrest in Memphis where Brandon Webber, a 20-year-old black man, was shot as many as 20 times before dying in his family’s front yard, according to the Daily Memphian.

(b) Trump should be questioned about his Charlottesville statement. In his comment on the 2017 Charlottesville rally in which a counter protester was killed, Trump said: "We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides."

Trump's decision to mention violence on "many sides" immediately drew scrutiny.

The next day during an infrastructure event at Trump Tower, Trump held an impromptu press conference saying: "You had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides." His statement intensified outrage from both sides of the aisle.

4. Compared with the above two issues which can be put on the back burner for a while, the following are more urgent:

(c) The cancer of racism thrives in America. Racism against blacks, Asians and Chinese Americans in particular should be brought up for discussion.

(d) Chinese students have become "political cannon fodder" in the US containment policy.

The Chinese leader might ask Trump jokingly in his greeting: "My great friend, are you going to change all US universities into replicas of your defunct Trump University?" :ROFLMAO:

(e) China must also demand Trump to make a public apology to all Chinese in the world for making the most vulgar remark about them.

Werbung:
1. ....Chinese students contribute nearly US$13 billion annually to the US economy, according to NAFSA: Association of International Educators....

In the past year, Trump administration officials – including FBI director Christopher Wray, senior White House figures and even the president himself – have portrayed Chinese studying in the US as threats to national security.

Citing espionage concerns, the State Department last June shortened the length of visas for Chinese graduate students in fields such as aviation, robotics and advanced manufacturing....to one year from the previous five....

2. ....shockingly enough, Trump has himself used such foul language in the past — specifically at a 2011 political rally in Las Vegas where he told the crowd what he would do about cheap Chinese exports flooding into the US and leading to the loss of American jobs:

“So easy! I’d drop a 25 percent tax on China. And, you know, I said to somebody that it’s really the messenger. The messenger is important. I could have one man say, ‘We’re gonna tax you 25 percent.’ And I could say another, ‘Listen you mxxxxxfxxxxrs, we’re gonna tax you 25 percent!'”...

3. US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Sunday ( June 16, 2019 ) that Donald Trump will discuss the Hong Kong protests with his Chinese counterpart at the upcoming G20 summit at Osaka. What's there to discuss with someone who told his followers "We are going to win, win, win."?

Anyway, there is no harm joining the clown for some fun in his game. The following issues are worthy of consideration:

(a) The recent unrest in Memphis where Brandon Webber, a 20-year-old black man, was shot as many as 20 times before dying in his family’s front yard, according to the Daily Memphian.

(b) Trump should be questioned about his Charlottesville statement. In his comment on the 2017 Charlottesville rally in which a counter protester was killed, Trump said: "We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides."

Trump's decision to mention violence on "many sides" immediately drew scrutiny.

The next day during an infrastructure event at Trump Tower, Trump held an impromptu press conference saying: "You had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides." His statement intensified outrage from both sides of the aisle.

4. Compared with the above two issues which can be put on the back burner for a while, the following are more urgent:

(c) The cancer of racism thrives in America. Racism against blacks, Asians and Chinese Americans in particular should be brought up for discussion.

(d) Chinese students have become "political cannon fodder" in the US containment policy.

The Chinese leader might ask Trump jokingly in his greeting: "My great friend, are you going to change all US universities into replicas of your defunct Trump University?" :ROFLMAO:

(e) China must also demand Trump to make a public apology to all Chinese in the world for making the most vulgar remark about them.
The Race Card Is a Joker. Losers Play It to Make Themselves Feel Like Winners.

Conservatives are too mature to be outraged at Trump saying that there were some very fine people among the Campus Commie Scum at Charlottesville.

Back