What was the fight between God and Satan about?

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Let us remember that no one was there to record anything and we have to somehow explain why God put Satan in Eden. Everything said is thus speculation only, --- be it from me or from you.

I think the disagreement between God and Satan was because Satan did not want to meet up with God in Eden where he was told to insure that A & E sin, --- so that God could murder Jesus and Adam and Eve as he had planned to do even before the first sin.
God wanted to self-aggrandise himself and Satan thought that that was going too far, and saw his placement in Eden by God as a horrible sin on God's part.

Satan did not want to be seen helping God do such a vile thing to A & E or have the world think of him as evil as God, --- via his collusion with God in murder.

Satan had his pride and morals to think of and did not want God to murder Jesus and Adam and Eve just for God’s own overinflated pride.

Rev 13; 8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

Note that God had decided to have Jesus murdered before the foundation of the earth and even the potential for sin.

Quite insane and immoral that, --- if any of my speculation is true.

Do you have a better speculation?

Is Satan showing a better morals position than God, --- in not wanting to tempt A & E, --- and set up Jesus to be sacrificed?

There is a hymn called Exsultet that calls Adam’s sin necessary to God’s plan and a happy fault that it happened.

Was Adam’s sin a necessary and a happy fault as theExsultet hymn says?

Regards
DL

Werbung:
I am not sure that there must be pure evil to balance pure Good. God created a good world but man made it partly evil.

The most powerful created being (the angel Satan) rebelled and led one third of the angels into opposition against God. Those humans who oppose or ignore God follow Satan into rebellion - either consciously or unconsciously. Some people blame the evil on "society." However, society is composed of individuals who make individual choices. Most of the evil is committed by people who oppose the will of society. In contrast, there are many examples of societies in the animal kingdom, especially among the primates. None of these societies have the capacity for evil that we have. We are different from all other animals on our planet - a fact that has no scientific or evolutionary explanation.

Why would God create an imperfect, temporary universe only to replace it later with a perfect one? Why wouldn't God have created a perfect universe in the first place? This would be a good question, but shows a lack of understanding of the biblical reason of why God created the universe. One can find the reason for the creation of the universe in the first few chapters of the Bible. God created humans in order to have a personal relationship with them, which He had with Adam and Eve before they sinned (Genesis 2). Jesus said that the first and foremost commandment was to "Love the Lord your God..." A personal relationship, characterized by the possibility of love, is only possible if created beings are given free will. If God had created the universe with no possibility of evil or sin, then the created beings would have had no free will, and, as such, would essentially be programmed computers. Such beings would be incapable of love, since love involves making a choice - which requires the ability to choose not to love. For example, I can program my computer to say "I love you" when it starts up. Does this mean that the computer really loves me? Of course not! Likewise, God could have programmed humans to say that they loved Him, without the possibility of rejecting Him or performing evil deeds. However, these programmed beings would exhibit about as much true love as my computer - not a very satisfying relationship. Therefore, God created the universe for the express purpose of allowing free will spiritual beings the opportunity to have fellowship with Him (and likewise, reject Him)....God did not design this universe to be perfect, but as a temporary creation where free will beings make choices about where they want to spend eternity

There is balance in all things. Where there is pure good there must be pure evil as well.

Hiding behind duality creates paradoxes.

If we all loves each other as scriptures ask, then the hate that balances it would disappear and without it's counterpart of hate, love would disappear. Right?

Or can yin exist without yang?

Regards
DL

I am not sure that there must be pure evil to balance pure Good. God created a good world but man made it partly evil.

So man is God's co-creator. Sweet.
Yet scriptures say that God creates everything.

So you are saying that evil is good if God made that itty bitty evil. Right?

If not, then God could not have made a world with any evil or the potential for evil if we follow these scriptures.

Matthew 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Matthew 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Matthew 12:33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.
Christians would have us think that God, the good tree, --- produced corrupt fruit.

If you believe scriptures that say God is perfect that is.

Regards
DL

God did not design this universe to be perfect, but as a temporary creation where free will beings make choices about where they want to spend eternity

We have that choice! Wow.

So if I do not want heaven or hell I can reject them both. Sweet.

You meant a forced choosing just between those two options. Right?

That is not free will.

Regards
DL

We have that choice! Wow.

So if I do not want heaven or hell I can reject them both. Sweet.

You meant a forced choosing just between those two options. Right?

That is not free will.

Regards
DL
Un-like Obama care, the choice could not be easier, Heaven or Hell..simple really..

Let us remember that no one was there to record anything and we have to somehow explain why God put Satan in Eden. Everything said is thus speculation only, --- be it from me or from you.

I think the disagreement between God and Satan was because Satan did not want to meet up with God in Eden where he was told to insure that A & E sin, --- so that God could murder Jesus and Adam and Eve as he had planned to do even before the first sin.
God wanted to self-aggrandise himself and Satan thought that that was going too far, and saw his placement in Eden by God as a horrible sin on God's part.

Satan did not want to be seen helping God do such a vile thing to A & E or have the world think of him as evil as God, --- via his collusion with God in murder.

Satan had his pride and morals to think of and did not want God to murder Jesus and Adam and Eve just for God’s own overinflated pride.

Rev 13; 8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

Note that God had decided to have Jesus murdered before the foundation of the earth and even the potential for sin.

Quite insane and immoral that, --- if any of my speculation is true.

Do you have a better speculation?

Is Satan showing a better morals position than God, --- in not wanting to tempt A & E, --- and set up Jesus to be sacrificed?

There is a hymn called Exsultet that calls Adam’s sin necessary to God’s plan and a happy fault that it happened.

Was Adam’s sin a necessary and a happy fault as theExsultet hymn says?

Regards
DL
It's an allegorical tale about a theme that has been quite common to literature for centuries, the struggle between good and evil. None of it was meant to be taken literally.

Hiding behind duality creates paradoxes.

If we all loves each other as scriptures ask, then the hate that balances it would disappear and without it's counterpart of hate, love would disappear. Right?

Or can yin exist without yang?

Regards
DL
Wrong. As we are imperfect we will never be devoid of evil. But as i stated before one cannot exist without the other. Just a question of where.

Un-like Obama care, the choice could not be easier, Heaven or Hell..simple really..

So hell would just be full of the insane then as no one in their right mind would choose hell.

God is quite the vile prick though if he tortures the insane.

You have a strange and vile God.

Regards
DL

It's an allegorical tale about a theme that has been quite common to literature for centuries, the struggle between good and evil. None of it was meant to be taken literally.

I agree.

Care to speculate as to why in the struggle between good and evil, good would give evil dominion over the earth and the power to deceive the whole world.

That seems like an insane thing for good to do and is downright evil of it as it gives away it's own power.

Regards
DL

Wrong. As we are imperfect we will never be devoid of evil. But as i stated before one cannot exist without the other. Just a question of where.

I do not agree.

You love your wife and children. Right?
Do you also hate them to balance your love?

If so then tell us all how you can both love and hate someone at the same time.

Regard
DL

Werbung:
I do not agree.

You love your wife and children. Right?
Do you also hate them to balance your love?

If so then tell us all how you can both love and hate someone at the same time.

Regard
DL
Have you ever hurt any if your loved ones in some way ? An unintended slight, an accidental mivement ? Were we perfect then the answer would be no. As we are not we rely on the forgiveness of those loved ones and our Savior (some of us at least).

Back