What would it take for the U.S. to go fully "green"?

Werbung:
Problem-prone electric cars will hardly ever be more popular with Americans than gas-guzzling reliable vehicles.
Cars with internal combustion engines had many problems as well, but technology has changed that.

My 1982 Buick Regal had a 3.8 L V-6 engine and 110 HP. It had a carburetor got about 17 MPG
My 2010 Toyota Yaris has a 1.5 L 1-4 engine and 106 HP. It has fuel injection and gets 34 MPG.

Electric cars will improve as technology develops. And of course, Hydrogen power might well be even more efficient.

Cars with internal combustion engines had many problems as well, but technology has changed that.

My 1982 Buick Regal had a 3.8 L V-6 engine and 110 HP. It had a carburetor got about 17 MPG
My 2010 Toyota Yaris has a 1.5 L 1-4 engine and 106 HP. It has fuel injection and gets 34 MPG.

Electric cars will improve as technology develops. And of course, Hydrogen power might well be even more efficient.

A silly Faux viewer and fundie Trumpling like Mark Francis is hardly capable of comprehending the present and the past, let alone the future.

Minnesota Cities Went All-In for Electric Transit, But the Buses Couldn’t Handle the Cold (msn.com) 12-26-23

Minnesota Cities Went All-In for Electric Transit, But the Buses Couldn’t Handle the Cold

Furthermore, Duluth's electric bus fleet has provided inadequate comfort by failing to keep riders warm in winter.

Meanwhile, the Twin Cities' fleet has proven comparatively unreliable. In Minneapolis-St. Paul, electric buses have broken down at twice the rate of traditional diesel-powered buses.

All of this leaves the general impression that electric buses lack efficiency and do not meet riders' needs.

The most significant aspect of this story, however -- or at least the one that makes it relevant to readers outside of Minnesota -- involves the perennial unholy alliance between government and business.

In 2021, Metro Transit received a federal grant to purchase a fleet of electric buses from the California-based manufacturer Proterra. Duluth received a similar grant in 2015.

Earlier this year, Proterra filed for bankruptcy despite a public endorsement from President Joe Biden as recently as March 2022.

Now, in addition to malfunctioning or inadequate buses, the Minnesota cities have no immediate vendor.

Werbung:
There ^^^ is a very dumb comment.
Technology is an ongoing process, EV and Hydrogen technology will continue to improve,

Back