Where is Fox news and Right wingers crying about protesters in Iran and Lybia?

pocketfullofshells

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
since Egypt was not good enough to have Democracy...what about Libya and Iran? No crys about , the Muslim Brotherhood? No Cries about Sharia law? I guess Egypt was special in having a say in there government being such a horrible thing....maybe next time they will support a anti american terrorist ...just so when they call for Democratic reform...you can feel better about it.

Werbung:
since Egypt was not good enough to have Democracy...what about Libya and Iran? No crys about , the Muslim Brotherhood? No Cries about Sharia law? I guess Egypt was special in having a say in there government being such a horrible thing....maybe next time they will support a anti american terrorist ...just so when they call for Democratic reform...you can feel better about it.

Can you connect he dots a little better. I don't get what you are trying to say.

The issue is not simply "democracy or not", the issue is how a transition to democracy would effect the overall geopolitical structure of the Middle East.

Libya and Iran are not the same as the Egypt situation because both nations are already controlled by lunatics. Any change (potentially) would only serve to benefit our interests. Yes there will be short term issues with oil prices etc, but keeping Gaddafi in power does not serve the same benefit that keeping Mubarak in power did...and that is why Egypt was a more sensitive issue.

The issue is not simply "democracy or not", the issue is how a transition to democracy would effect the overall geopolitical structure of the Middle East.

Libya and Iran are not the same as the Egypt situation because both nations are already controlled by lunatics. Any change (potentially) would only serve to benefit our interests. Yes there will be short term issues with oil prices etc, but keeping Gaddafi in power does not serve the same benefit that keeping Mubarak in power did...and that is why Egypt was a more sensitive issue.

and that is what it comes down to always...what serves up best...regardless of the people who actually live there...and then we wounder when some of them want to kill us.

And this all fits into Becks ranting...look out the muslims are going to take over the world now!

and that is what it comes down to always...what serves up best...regardless of the people who actually live there...and then we wounder when some of them want to kill us.

And this all fits into Becks ranting...look out the muslims are going to take over the world now!

First I don't have a clue what Glen thinks or say's..I can't believe you don't see the real problem..

old post of mine..

If Americans left every single place where Muslims are the majority, if America threw every single Jew out of Israel, if we took our troops out of every country in the world, there would still be things that anger Muslims.

There are Muslims who still seek revenge against unbelievers for the Crusades, for the downfall of the Ottoman Empire by the Allies after WWI, for the Reconquista, and for thousands of past insults by infidels to their religion, their prophet and their God.

So Muslims will always be angry if there is a single unbeliever breathing on this Earth.

Of all the nations on the Earth they hate America the most. The truth is Muslims do not hate us for our freedoms, sorry George Bush, they despise and attack us because we are the single strongest infidel nation and therefore a most formidable impediment to their goal of world domination. China's economic clout is barely one-third that of the US. If that were reversed, if China were the 800 pound gorilla on the block and dominated the world as the US does, then Osama Bin Laden certainly wouldn't be wasting his time on the US, it would be Chinese asses his fatwa would fall upon.

Look at the facts: China suppresses their Muslims, but it is the US, which does not suppress their Muslims, that gets his attention. Osama would attack China if they were the greatest infidel power on the planet, if the Chinese instead were the greatest impediment to a World Caliphate. But then would any idiot invoke the ridiculous phrase, "Muslims hate the Chinese for their freedoms?"

Here's the deal: America stands in the way of Muslim world domination. Whether we are a free nation or a dictatorship doesn't matter because there are no apologies we can make, no treaties we can sign, no amount of Jews we can kill, no abject deeds we can perform, no concessions we can offer that will placate them other than our abject surrender and submission to Allah. Then, perhaps, they won't be angry. Then, perhaps, they won't hate us.

doug

First I don't have a clue what Glen thinks or say's..I can't believe you don't see the real problem..

old post of mine..

If Americans left every single place where Muslims are the majority, if America threw every single Jew out of Israel, if we took our troops out of every country in the world, there would still be things that anger Muslims.

There are Muslims who still seek revenge against unbelievers for the Crusades, for the downfall of the Ottoman Empire by the Allies after WWI, for the Reconquista, and for thousands of past insults by infidels to their religion, their prophet and their God.

So Muslims will always be angry if there is a single unbeliever breathing on this Earth.

Of all the nations on the Earth they hate America the most. The truth is Muslims do not hate us for our freedoms, sorry George Bush, they despise and attack us because we are the single strongest infidel nation and therefore a most formidable impediment to their goal of world domination. China's economic clout is barely one-third that of the US. If that were reversed, if China were the 800 pound gorilla on the block and dominated the world as the US does, then Osama Bin Laden certainly wouldn't be wasting his time on the US, it would be Chinese asses his fatwa would fall upon.

Look at the facts: China suppresses their Muslims, but it is the US, which does not suppress their Muslims, that gets his attention. Osama would attack China if they were the greatest infidel power on the planet, if the Chinese instead were the greatest impediment to a World Caliphate. But then would any idiot invoke the ridiculous phrase, "Muslims hate the Chinese for their freedoms?"

Here's the deal: America stands in the way of Muslim world domination. Whether we are a free nation or a dictatorship doesn't matter because there are no apologies we can make, no treaties we can sign, no amount of Jews we can kill, no abject deeds we can perform, no concessions we can offer that will placate them other than our abject surrender and submission to Allah. Then, perhaps, they won't be angry. Then, perhaps, they won't hate us.

doug

Im sorry was there a point in there outside your random guess of what would happen in a fictinal world?? no thought so.

Im sorry was there a point in there outside your random guess of what would happen in a fictinal world?? no thought so.

pocket..you said..and then we wounder when/why some of them want to kill us.

I hope this helps

facts do matter
doug

It has always come down to our interests... what is new about that? It is the same for everyone else in the world as well.

As for "some of them wanting to kill us", that will be the case regardless of what we do...and is no basis for a radical change in decades of foreign policy.

It has always come down to our interests... what is new about that? It is the same for everyone else in the world as well.

As for "some of them wanting to kill us", that will be the case regardless of what we do...and is no basis for a radical change in decades of foreign policy.

our mid east policy has not worked for 50 years...and has helped push us into many wars and suffered many major terror attacks...but if you think thats fine, then sure by all means just keep doing the same thing over and over....

our mid east policy has not worked for 50 years...and has helped push us into many wars and suffered many major terror attacks...but if you think thats fine, then sure by all means just keep doing the same thing over and over....

Why do you think exactly that our Middle East policy has not worked?

1) What were/are our goals in the Middle East?
2) What actions did we pursue to accomplish those goals?
3) Were those the best possible options given the scenario at the time (not looking back)?

Simply looking at recent blowback and claiming 50 years was a failure has no basis in fact.

So, it is apparently you think America's policy toward the ME is the proximate cause of terrorism committed against Americans. I find this thinking most repugnant and incorrect. But, we disagree on most things.

I would rather point out "...doing the same thing over and over, is something your kind have done for decades which has caused great suffering and ultimately will lead to the destruction of our Republic.

Take for example, the failures of America's public school system. Or, it's destructive welfare programs. Or, the huge growth of public sector unions which are bankrupting many states and ultimately the Federal government.

These examples and many more not listed, are examples of the Left promoting policies which have failed enormously and yet, you and your kind demand they continue unchanged.

It's madness. Yes?

I hope it comes down to our interests because that is the only constitutional justification for our trying to make any changes over there at all - and even then I think that is a kind of weak justification.

If it were only about the US gov trying to do nice things for the people of other countries then there would be zero constitutional justification for doing it.

Werbung:

Exactly why we should be very reluctant to be trying to shape the world outside of our own in the first place. I think you agree. right?

Back