White House Cleanses Israel from Website

Pandora

Why would the white house take the time to change the wording on their website and though I can already guess the left leaning posters will say it doesn't matter move along nothing to see here exc. There is something to see, it means something or they would not have taken the time to do it.

Are they trying to appease someone or some group?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/white-house-cleanses-israel-website_588127.html

Here is another site that talks about it but also has a couple of other very strange stories that sound anti Israel to me....

A press release issued Wednesday noted the change after the ZOA filed an amicus brief with the Supreme Court supporting a petition by Menachem Binyamin Zivotofsky.

Zivotofsky was denied the right to list Israel as his place of birth on his U.S. passport because the State Department said it would "infringe on the president's foreign policy powers."

In the brief, the ZOA noted that documents issued by the executive branch routinely refer to Jerusalem as part of Israel, without infringing on presidential powers.

The White House response to examples included in the brief was to alter captions under several photographs of Vice President Joe Biden and his wife, Jill, taken during a trip to Israel in 2010. Captions that read "Jerusalem, Israel" were changed to "Jerusalem," the New York Sun reported.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/insideis...-House-Site-Scrubs-References-to-Jlem-Israel/

Werbung:
Why would the white house take the time to change the wording on their website and though I can already guess the left leaning posters will say it doesn't matter move along nothing to see here exc. There is something to see, it means something or they would not have taken the time to do it.

Are they trying to appease someone or some group?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/white-house-cleanses-israel-website_588127.html

Here is another site that talks about it but also has a couple of other very strange stories that sound anti Israel to me....

A press release issued Wednesday noted the change after the ZOA filed an amicus brief with the Supreme Court supporting a petition by Menachem Binyamin Zivotofsky.

Zivotofsky was denied the right to list Israel as his place of birth on his U.S. passport because the State Department said it would "infringe on the president's foreign policy powers."

In the brief, the ZOA noted that documents issued by the executive branch routinely refer to Jerusalem as part of Israel, without infringing on presidential powers.

The White House response to examples included in the brief was to alter captions under several photographs of Vice President Joe Biden and his wife, Jill, taken during a trip to Israel in 2010. Captions that read "Jerusalem, Israel" were changed to "Jerusalem," the New York Sun reported.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/insideis...-House-Site-Scrubs-References-to-Jlem-Israel/

I don't know if it means anything, but if it does, I think it's good news!

It might mean that, finally, the US may stop supporting Israel in the biggest point of contention between Israel and Palestine: Jerusalem DOES belong to BOTH, and shouldn't be JUST belonging to Israel.

Just as Washington. D.C. is it's own separate entity, so it remains independent from Virginia, or Maryland, Jerusalem should be an "no-man's land" entity, so everyone whose history and religious history has its roots there would be allowed to return there freely.

Actually, they may do the same thing with Brussels. . .a city that is totally in the center of Belgium, and is mostly "French speaking" but is completely surrounded by districts who are almost 100% "Flemish speaking."

By making Brussels it's own entity, it would prevent a lot of political headaches and, since it is also the "capital of Europe," it makes sense!

No one is trying to anhilate the Jewish people (at least not in the U.S.), but we shouldn't eiter support Israel in trying to do the same thing to the Palestinians as what was done to the Jewish people by Hitler!

Time to move on to a reasonable compromise. Jerusalem as a separate and "free" entity may just do the trick!

I don't know if it means anything, but if it does, I think it's good news!

It might mean that, finally, the US may stop supporting Israel in the biggest point of contention between Israel and Palestine: Jerusalem DOES belong to BOTH, and shouldn't be JUST belonging to Israel.

Just as Washington. D.C. is it's own separate entity, so it remains independent from Virginia, or Maryland, Jerusalem should be an "no-man's land" entity, so everyone whose history and religious history has its roots there would be allowed to return there freely.

Actually, they may do the same thing with Brussels. . .a city that is totally in the center of Belgium, and is mostly "French speaking" but is completely surrounded by districts who are almost 100% "Flemish speaking."

By making Brussels it's own entity, it would prevent a lot of political headaches and, since it is also the "capital of Europe," it makes sense!

No one is trying to anhilate the Jewish people (at least not in the U.S.), but we shouldn't eiter support Israel in trying to do the same thing to the Palestinians as what was done to the Jewish people by Hitler!

Time to move on to a reasonable compromise. Jerusalem as a separate and "free" entity may just do the trick!

But Jerusalem is IN Israel, its the capital.

But Jerusalem is IN Israel, its the capital.

But Jerusalem was also the capital of Palestine LONG before the Jewish people were "given" the state of Israel!

And before WWII, the Jewish people, before the whole world felt guilty enough about their "blindness" toward the holocaust to declare "the State of Israel, the Palestinian people lived in relative peace and SHARED Jerusalem.

The area is also known as the Holy Land, being holy for all Abrahamic religions including Judaism, Christianity, Islam and the Bahá'í Faith. Prior to the 1948 Israeli Declaration of Independence, the whole region was known by various other names including Southern Syria, Syria Palestina, Kingdom of Jerusalem, Iudaea Province, Coele-Syria, Retjenu, Canaan and, particularly, Palestine. From Wikepedia

And before (and even after) the State of Israel began to exist, the Left bank totally belonged to Palestinians.

Now, they are trying to hoard Palestinians in what is basically a ghetto in Gaza. . . sounds familiar?

But Jerusalem was also the capital of Palestine LONG before the Jewish people were "given" the state of Israel!

And before WWII, the Jewish people, before the whole world felt guilty enough about their "blindness" toward the holocaust to declare "the State of Israel, the Palestinian people lived in relative peace and SHARED Jerusalem.

And before (and even after) the State of Israel began to exist, the Left bank totally belonged to Palestinians.

Now, they are trying to hoard Palestinians in what is basically a ghetto in Gaza. . . sounds familiar?

HUH?

Long before a Palestinian ever existed the land belonged to Israel. It was lost to Rome then christians then islam. But it was theirs before it was ever Palestine's.

Here is a cute story for you

Ariel Sharon & Yassir Arafat

This joke goes back to when Ariel Sharon was the Defense Minister of Israel and Yassir Arafat was the Palestine leader.

One day Mr. Sharon and Mr. Arafat decided to have a meeting to try and decide borders and boundaries of Israel/Palestine.

As they sat down and started talking, Ariel Sharon said it was a custom in his land to tell a story before you start a meeting of this nature. Arafat agreed and listened to the story.

Ariel Sharon started the story with Joshua as they were about to reach the Promised Land. Joshua decided to take a bath in a pool of clear water. When he was done swimming he got out of the water naked and looked for his clothes. They were missing. Caleb was there with him and said, Joshua a Palestinian stole your clothes!

At this point in the story Yassir Arafat jumped up and said REDUCULOUS!!! This is nonsense. There were not even any Palestinian’s here in those days! How dare you accuse us of stealing?

After this, with a grin Ariel Sharon said …Yes, now that that has been established. Let’s start our talk on who has the rights to the land​

Here is a cute story for you

Ariel Sharon & Yassir Arafat

This joke goes back to when Ariel Sharon was the Defense Minister of Israel and Yassir Arafat was the Palestine leader.

One day Mr. Sharon and Mr. Arafat decided to have a meeting to try and decide borders and boundaries of Israel/Palestine.

As they sat down and started talking, Ariel Sharon said it was a custom in his land to tell a story before you start a meeting of this nature. Arafat agreed and listened to the story.

Ariel Sharon started the story with Joshua as they were about to reach the Promised Land. Joshua decided to take a bath in a pool of clear water. When he was done swimming he got out of the water naked and looked for his clothes. They were missing. Caleb was there with him and said, Joshua a Palestinian stole your clothes!

At this point in the story Yassir Arafat jumped up and said REDUCULOUS!!! This is nonsense. There were not even any Palestinian’s here in those days! How dare you accuse us of stealing?

After this, with a grin Ariel Sharon said …Yes, now that that has been established. Let’s start our talk on who has the rights to the land​

Nice joke!
As a Belgian native, I am very familiar with that kind of jokes. . .they are random between French and Belgians.

What really define those jokes is that they can be turned around with such ease. . .make Yassir Arafat tell the story. . .and the joke remains, not more truthful, and not less funny! Another elements in comment with all those jokes is the reason why so many people like them. . .they are so easy to understand!

But, although "comic relief" is always nice, it doesn't do much to advance a debate. Facts are more efficient to get to the truth than jokes. So I would encourage you to read the following article, which demonstrate that Palestinians were already cultivating the land of Palestine long before 1945, and doing so successfully. The common belief that the Jewish people who founded the State of Israel found nothing there, but a dry, infertile desert are wrong. Palestine was already a very large exporter of citrus, mostly oranges (Jaffa oranges) long before the Jewish people made Israel their home, although some Jewish people were already living in Palestine prior to that time.

Here is a summary of an article and the link to it: Palestine Before 1947 By Refaat M. Loubani
www.palestineremembered.com/Acre/Palestine.../

I suggest you go look at more of the article, as there are very intersting tables showing the Arab and Jewish population in Palestine as far back as 1918.

But, although "comic relief" is always nice, it doesn't do much to advance a debate. Facts are more efficient to get to the truth than jokes. So I would encourage you to read the following article, which demonstrate that Palestinians were already cultivating the land of Palestine long before 1945, and doing so successfully. The common belief that the Jewish people who founded the State of Israel found nothing there, but a dry, infertile desert are wrong. Palestine was already a very large exporter of citrus, mostly oranges (Jaffa oranges) long before the Jewish people made Israel their home, although some Jewish people were already living in Palestine prior to that time.

Here is a summary of an article and the link to it: Palestine Before 1947 By Refaat M. Loubani

At the end of World War I, Palestine was an Arab country similar to other parts of the Arab World. It had a population of Palestine had a population of 657,000 Muslims Arabs, 81,000 Christian Arabs, and 59,000 Jews (including many European Jews from the first and second Aliyah). So the Jewish population of Palestine in 1914 made up under 8% of the total population (Righteous Victims, p. 83). It should noted that most Palestinian Jews (Yishuv) at the time where mostly Hasidic Jews concentrating in and around Jerusalem, Safad, and Jaffa, and only 12,000 of these Jews lived on the land as farmers.

.......As of 1918, Jewish land holdings amounted to 162,500 acres out of a total of 6,674,560 acres which is the total area of Palestine (27,009 Sq. Km.). This is equivalent to 2.4% of the total land area of Palestine. These consisted of holdings partly in the principal towns and partly in 47 Jewish settlements in different parts of the country. When the British mandate was terminated in 1948 and the Jewish state came into existence, Jewish land holdings had increased to only 372,925 acres or 5.6% of the total land area of Palestine of 6,674,560 acres still an insignificant figure to justify the Israeli usurpation of Palestine, click here for a map illustrating Palestine's land ownership per district in 1945. On the other hand, the Jewish population in Palestine jumped to 500,000 out of 1,700,000 (the total population of Palestine in 1948), which is still less than 30% of the total population of the country, click here for a map illustrating Palestine's population distribution per district in 1946.

I suggest you go look at more of the article, as there are very intersting tables showing the Arab and Jewish population in Palestine as far back as 1918.

Everyone knows the Palestinians were there in May of 1948 when Israel returned to their land, and long before that too!

My point was long before there was ever such a thing as a Palestinian or even islam.... There were Jews in Israel. They were kicked out by Rome then Christians then islam.

The joke was a space filler, I got bored when you didn't reply :)

As far back as 1918? WOW

Why don't we go back even further?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_history#Ancient_Israelites

Pandora, People lived in Palestine for as far back as the Bible stories go.

Some of those people living in Palestine became today's jewish people.
Others became Arabic people. They co-habited for thousands of years. They still co-habited in the late 1800's and in the 1900's hundreds. They would have continue to co-habit even today, if Britain hadn't been "shamed" by the other nations to give the Jewish people who IMMIGRATED from Germany, and other countries after the holocaust the land that is today Israel.

Problem is. . .no one asked the then habitants of that land. . .no one bothered to ask the Palestinians.

Now, WE couldn't even take ONE BOAT full of Jewish people when they tried to escape Germany. . .we turned that boat back . . .

Why? Do you think it was anti-semitism? Or did WE understand that we couldn't just "give" half of Texas (as an exemple) for the Jewish people to have their own state?

What would Texans, or any other Americans would have said if from one week to the next, they had been told that, the land they though was their, the land that they lived in for several generations (okay, obviously not thousands of years, like the Palestinians. . .but still a couple of hundred years for some at least) was suddenly being handed over to the Jewish people, that the name would be change to "Israel," and that it would no longer be part of the United States.

I have NOTHING against Jewish people. And I know that many of them are realizing that peace will never happen until the Palestinians are ALSO allowed to have their own state. All Jewish people are NOT happy with the situation in Gaza.

You can try to make fun of my opinion, if that makes you happy. . .I have no problem with it! The fact is that YOU and I and EVERY "AMERICAN" in this country, except for the native Indians, have LESS right to this land than the Palestinians have right to the land of Palestine.

Pandora, People lived in Palestine for as far back as the Bible stories go.

Some of those people living in Palestine became today's jewish people.
Others became Arabic people. They co-habited for thousands of years. They still co-habited in the late 1800's and in the 1900's hundreds. They would have continue to co-habit even today, if Britain hadn't been "shamed" by the other nations to give the Jewish people who IMMIGRATED from Germany, and other countries after the holocaust the land that is today Israel.

Problem is. . .no one asked the then habitants of that land. . .no one bothered to ask the Palestinians.

Now, WE couldn't even take ONE BOAT full of Jewish people when they tried to escape Germany. . .we turned that boat back . . .

Why? Do you think it was anti-semitism? Or did WE understand that we couldn't just "give" half of Texas (as an exemple) for the Jewish people to have their own state?

What would Texans, or any other Americans would have said if from one week to the next, they had been told that, the land they though was their, the land that they lived in for several generations (okay, obviously not thousands of years, like the Palestinians. . .but still a couple of hundred years for some at least) was suddenly being handed over to the Jewish people, that the name would be change to "Israel," and that it would no longer be part of the United States.

I have NOTHING against Jewish people. And I know that many of them are realizing that peace will never happen until the Palestinians are ALSO allowed to have their own state. All Jewish people are NOT happy with the situation in Gaza.

You can try to make fun of my opinion, if that makes you happy. . .I have no problem with it! The fact is that YOU and I and EVERY "AMERICAN" in this country, except for the native Indians, have LESS right to this land than the Palestinians have right to the land of Palestine.

I have no idea why you keep calling it Palestine when referring to ancient times. It was Israel then and it was Israel when the Romans took it and when the Christians took it and even when islam took it, it is only then that the name changed.

Actually, I have no idea why you continue to call it Palestine today, frankly it freaks me out. Its like you referring Texas being part of Mexico

Why would we give Texas to Jewish people? It "Unlike" Israel was never their land to start with!

I am Native :) You could give me my land back if you want.

I have no idea why you keep calling it Palestine when referring to ancient times. It was Israel then and it was Israel when the Romans took it and when the Christians took it and even when islam took it, it is only then that the name changed.

Actually, I have no idea why you continue to call it Palestine today, frankly it freaks me out. Its like you referring Texas being part of Mexico

Why would we give Texas to Jewish people? It "Unlike" Israel was never their land to start with!

I am Native :) You could give me my land back if you want.

Actually, Palestine was already referred to as such as far back as 450 before Christ:

Wikepedia: c.450 BCE: Herodotus, The Histories, First historical reference clearly denoting a wider region than biblical Philistia. Refers to a "district of Syria, called Palaistinê"[6][7][8] One important reference refers to the practice of male circumcision associated with the Hebrew people: "the Colchians, the Egyptians, and the Ethiopians, are the only nations who have practised circumcision from the earliest times. The Phoenicians and the Syrians of Palestine themselves confess that they learnt the custom of the Egyptians.... Now these are the only nations who use circumcision"[9]
c.340 BCE: Aristotle, Meteorology, "Again if, as is fabled, there is a lake in Palestine, such that if you bind a man or beast and throw it in it floats and does not sink, this would bear out what we have said. They say that this lake is so bitter and salt that no fish live in it and that if you soak clothes in it and shake them it cleans them.". This is understood by scholars to be a reference to the Dead Sea[10]

The 1974 Arab League summit designated the PLO as the "sole legitimate representative of the Palestinian people and reaffirmed their right to establish an independent state of urgency."[7] The PLO has had observer status at the United Nations as a "non-state entity" since 22 November 1974,[8][9] which entitles it to speak in the UN General Assembly but not to vote. After the Declaration of Independence, the United Nations General Assembly officially "acknowledged" the proclamation and voted to use the designation "Palestine" instead of "Palestine Liberation Organization" when referring to the Palestinian permanent observer.
[
Tody, the term Palestine is also used to refer to either the Palestinian territories or the State of Palestine.

By the way, I do believe Native American Indians were given a very bad deal, and I certainly wouldn't object to any AMERICAN INDIANS getting compensations for the theft of their land.

I'm sorry, but I don't really care much whether or not I freak you out! The fact is that, today's Israel is occupying part of the old Palestine, as is the Gaza strip. A lot of the issues would be resolved if, as the State of Israel was recognized, the State of Palestine (or any other name the Palestinians would choose) were also recognize.

Actually, Palestine was already referred to as such as far back as 450 before Christ:

By the way, if do believe Native American Indians were given a very bad deal, and I certainly wouldn't object to any AMERICAN INDIANS getting compensations for the theft of their land.

I'm sorry, but I don't really care much whether or not I freak you out! The fact is that, today's Israel is occupying part of the old Palestine, as is the Gaza strip. A lot of the issues would be resolved if, as the State of Israel was recognized, the State of Palestine (or any other name the Palestinians would choose) were also recognize.

Natives already get compensation

I don't expect you to care that your view on Israel freaks me out, I doubt that anyone in Hamas cares what I think of their views either.

Your link is talking about land belonging to the Hebrews .... Those are Jews :eek: and it's a bigger spot of land than what is todays Israel. Todays Israel is bigger than the small plot given in May 1948. They won the remaining lands in the 6 day war.

Werbung:
Natives already get compensation

I don't expect you to care that your view on Israel freaks me out, I doubt that anyone in Hamas cares what I think of their views either.

Your link is talking about land belonging to the Hebrews .... Those are Jews :eek: and it's a bigger spot of land than what is todays Israel. Todays Israel is bigger than the small plot given in May 1948. They won the remaining lands in the 6 day war.

No, dear, WE won the 6 day war!

This is the problem. . . we have been supporting a country who is not, never has been happy with remaining within its borders, but continues to invade on other people's territory.

By the way. . .have you ever set foot or even travelled through an Indian reservation?

They haven't been "compensated!" They have been "silenced" and thrown a few bones to keep quiet. They have been "given" (in their own native land, by the way, a land THEY never left, never wanted to leave, but that was taken from them) a few "reservations" that are situated in the most arrid, the most remote, the least fertile places in the US.

I think it's time for you to do a LOT of reading. . . not Danielle Steel, but some of the classics.

Back