White House: Withdrawing from a failed war is not an option

There had been strong talk that the US may pull out.

Now his press secretary says he isn't?

Obama can't make his mind up, like a kiddie!

It's not a good time to be a US soldier in Afghanistan!

Werbung:
and where did he say that?

Pidgey posted it

If we are not there to win then we need to get the frak out.

It would be one thing to say we are not out for victory if we were part of some UN peace keeping mission, but we are not.

Our guys are dying, the plan is up in the air and obama hasnt the time to make new plans anytime soon. the only thing we know is that he does not want victory.

Who the hell ever heard of a war where you didnt want victory?

What ever goals he sets he should want victory in those goals and who would want to fight for those goals knowing the one who set the goals doesnt really care or want to be able to have victory in them.

actually why is he not going through with the first plan? He picked this general by hand, he approved the plan. Now he is changing his mind on the plan, still unsure of the new plan ... all the while our guys are out there fighting, dying and waiting for a new plan or some kind of back up.

I am not big on the war topic, but this is just stupid!

I will back obama and what he does if he decides to fight, then fight to win, if he wants to call it done and bring everyone home then fine do it but dont just leave them hanging with all these mixed signals.

Pidgey posted it

If we are not there to win then we need to get the frak out.

It would be one thing to say we are not out for victory if we were part of some UN peace keeping mission, but we are not.

Our guys are dying, the plan is up in the air and obama hasnt the time to make new plans anytime soon. the only thing we know is that he does not want victory.

Who the hell ever heard of a war where you didnt want victory?

What ever goals he sets he should want victory in those goals and who would want to fight for those goals knowing the one who set the goals doesnt really care or want to be able to have victory in them.

actually why is he not going through with the first plan? He picked this general by hand, he approved the plan. Now he is changing his mind on the plan, still unsure of the new plan ... all the while our guys are out there fighting, dying and waiting for a new plan or some kind of back up.

I am not big on the war topic, but this is just stupid!

I will back obama and what he does if he decides to fight, then fight to win, if he wants to call it done and bring everyone home then fine do it but dont just leave them hanging with all these mixed signals.

I can only ask, did you even watch the clip in contect? or do you just not understand what he was saying? Becuse he is not saying we are not there to win, the way you seem to think.

I can only ask, did you even watch the clip in contect? or do you just not understand what he was saying? Becuse he is not saying we are not there to win, the way you seem to think.

Yes I did

Can you explain to me what we hope to get out of being there besides dead troops? A tie?

Either we beat back The Taliban, Al Qaeda or we dont. If we do we have been victorious in our goal if we dont we have been beaten.

Does he want to beat them but just not let them know we did? Kind of like kindergarteners who dont keep score at the soccer game?

I think he should hurry up and either fire this general and get another, go back to working the plan he laid out, come up with a new plan or ....

pull out!

Yes I did

Can you explain to me what we hope to get out of being there besides dead troops? A tie?

Either we beat back The Taliban, Al Qaeda or we dont. If we do we have been victorious in our goal if we dont we have been beaten.

Does he want to beat them but just not let them know we did? Kind of like kindergarteners who dont keep score at the soccer game?

I think he should hurry up and either fire this general and get another, go back to working the plan he laid out, come up with a new plan or ....

pull out!

Ok, notify the White House and all the top officials on duty, call all of the top military brass and tell them the news!!!

THE CRISIS IS OVER...WE HAVE SOLVED THE PROBLEM AND THIS IS HOW WE ARE GOING TO DO IT!

NOW GO AHEAD 'BIB' TELL THEM ALL HOW YOU HAVE MANAGED TO RESOLVE/SOLVE/FIGURE THIS ENTIRE DEBACLE OUT SO THAT WE CAN ALL COME HOME AND CALL IT QUITS.

Jeez Louise...why didn't you just phone G.W.B. & Herr Cheney and tell them your brainiac idea...;)

Holy Bat Crap Batman...you've kept this simplistic plan very, very quiet!!!

Ok, notify the White House and all the top officials on duty, call all of the top military brass and tell them the news!!!

THE CRISIS IS OVER...WE HAVE SOLVED THE PROBLEM AND THIS IS HOW WE ARE GOING TO DO IT!

NOW GO AHEAD 'BIB' TELL THEM ALL HOW YOU HAVE MANAGED TO RESOLVE/SOLVE/FIGURE THIS ENTIRE DEBACLE OUT SO THAT WE CAN ALL COME HOME AND CALL IT QUITS.

Jeez Louise...why didn't you just phone G.W.B. & Herr Cheney and tell them your brainiac idea...;)

Get back on the meds ASAP! Frakin loon!

Originally Posted by ASPCA4EVER Ok, notify the White House and all the top officials on duty, call all of the top military brass and tell them the news!!!

Get back on the meds ASAP! Frakin loon!

And here I was giving you a compliment...who know you were such a GENIUS...under all that 'POM-POM' fluff there beats a brain :eek:
I understand the need to justify your addiction to prescription meds as with your all time hero Rush Limbaugh...but really 'BIB' not everyone sees the world through the bottom of a prescription bottle...maybe you need to get a REAL JOB ;)

Yes I did

pull out!

There are 2 Victorys....One that we can get One that was impossible from the start...yet is was Americans are use to seeing and think we should have.

A: A goverment falls, leaders bow down in surrender, cease fire signed, We take over and all that jazz. WWII Hiter dead, Nazi;s sing tearms to end war....Japan does same later...WWI, same thing...Iraq War ( 90-91 one) Saddam signs to end war....parade in street...war done. Due to the nature of who we are fighting...teh Taliban..who is not a nation, or a leader...but a Set of Ideas more or less...you cant get that same kind of win. Bin Ladin will not come out and say, damn you Win! The Taliban leadership will not just say we are done one day.

B: tactical win....aka the real goal in the first place...US Security...We hit the Taliban and Al Quida hard enough that we kill there ability to retake Afganistan and set up base again...we make it very hard for them to train, and operate as they wish. If we can make it so the Taliban is no longer Effective enough to take over , and cant gain major strenght again , its a win.

To say well if we cant win, pull out means....let them get back in power basicly ( as they would with no US help right now) take back Afganistan, and use it again to launch the next sept 11 attack.

Obama is saying we need to focus on what we can win...and that is the basis for US security in the first place...and the main goal of the war. What he is saying is not to exact the type of win where you can say ...on X date we won...its just not going to happen. What will can happen is we can hit them hard enough to meet US Security goals to prevent them from attacking again....While that is a Win...and the most important win...its not what the Public thinks about...so Obama is warning the public not to expect that..

If you want to say based on what he said we should pull out of Afganistan...your basicly saying we cant win the war on terror, never could, and we never should have fought back after 911 against anyone.....Also we should just stop trying to stop drugs, becuse we cant ever win the war on drugs.

So Yes we can Win...But no its not going to be a Win like Americans expect or are use to....This is not any change over Bush from the start of the war....before he decided it was done and to stop paying attention

There are 2 Victorys....One that we can get One that was impossible from the start...yet is was Americans are use to seeing and think we should have.

A: A goverment falls, leaders bow down in surrender, cease fire signed, We take over and all that jazz. WWII Hiter dead, Nazi;s sing tearms to end war....Japan does same later...WWI, same thing...Iraq War ( 90-91 one) Saddam signs to end war....parade in street...war done. Due to the nature of who we are fighting...teh Taliban..who is not a nation, or a leader...but a Set of Ideas more or less...you cant get that same kind of win. Bin Ladin will not come out and say, damn you Win! The Taliban leadership will not just say we are done one day.

B: tactical win....aka the real goal in the first place...US Security...We hit the Taliban and Al Quida hard enough that we kill there ability to retake Afganistan and set up base again...we make it very hard for them to train, and operate as they wish. If we can make it so the Taliban is no longer Effective enough to take over , and cant gain major strenght again , its a win.

To say well if we cant win, pull out means....let them get back in power basicly ( as they would with no US help right now) take back Afganistan, and use it again to launch the next sept 11 attack.

Obama is saying we need to focus on what we can win...and that is the basis for US security in the first place...and the main goal of the war. What he is saying is not to exact the type of win where you can say ...on X date we won...its just not going to happen. What will can happen is we can hit them hard enough to meet US Security goals to prevent them from attacking again....While that is a Win...and the most important win...its not what the Public thinks about...so Obama is warning the public not to expect that..

If you want to say based on what he said we should pull out of Afganistan...your basicly saying we cant win the war on terror, never could, and we never should have fought back after 911 against anyone.....Also we should just stop trying to stop drugs, becuse we cant ever win the war on drugs.

So Yes we can Win...But no its not going to be a Win like Americans expect or are use to....This is not any change over Bush from the start of the war....before he decided it was done and to stop paying attention

Were Hitler still alive but not killing Jews and trying to over throw other nations we still would have had victory. The goal was not to kill Hitler the goal was to stop Hitler from mass murder and stop him from invading other nations.

How do you think Americans expect us to win? If you want the truth I dont know what the goal is in Afganistan. I knew what the goal was in Iraq and I think we met it. Now the troops are there to help things hold with the new government. When Bush was president the goal in Afganistan was to kill or arrest Al Qaeda and anyone who were acting as terrorists. I dont know what obama's goal is, or should I say was. He hired a general, made a plan aprox 6 months ago but now isnt sure about his plan and wants a new plan but meanwhile his general needs more troops to continue with the plan we was sent to do and is getting no response.

You complained that President Bush stopped paying attention? Are you bothered that obama has? While his general asks for more troops and our men die he goes on letterman and the tonight show and takes time to suffer a journey to Copenhagen but hasnt read the report sent for him by his general or responded about more troops.

Look I hate obama, I think he is a stinking bastard but I will back him where our troops are concerned. If he actually does something.

If he picks a general and the general asks for more troops and obama sends them, even if the war goes badly I will still back the President and the troops. If obama says lets bring everyone home I will back that too unless there is serious reasons we should have stayed like people being killed in the region.

It's this picking a general then not talking to the general or not reading the generals reports or not responding to the generals requests for back up troops while ours are dying that bothers me so much. The same number of our troops could have died and I would still back this president if he were doing what he set out to do.

I see what you are trying to say about the meanings of victory

please tell me what you think the plan is for afganistan and do you think obama is meeting it?

There will be no withdrawal.

There will be defeat.

It will take time, but it will happen.

Victory is the right word but it is being applied to the wrong side.

Comrade Stalin

There will be no withdrawal.

There will be defeat.

It will take time, but it will happen.

Victory is the right word but it is being applied to the wrong side.

Comrade Stalin

You could be right. But obama should at least try by doing what his general asks or say enough and end it and bring everyone home. I think we are sure to fail if its all done as half way as its being done. I would agree it was only half way under President Bush too.

Yes,president Loser, did say he was "not comfortable with the term victory",
He said the word victory reminded him of Japan's surrender to U.S. forces after Japan's DEFEAT. To president LOSER that was wrong, we should have not won that war! obama dances to a different drummer than all the other forty - three America Loving Presidents before him! What have WE done???
Personally, I think obama dislikes victory because all his life he has been a loser. In his youth he was a "drug head", taught by communist, instructed to hate America , hate its Constitution, its Values , and its belief in GOD. His adult life was filled with learning and teaching his leftist principles to others who thought as he does. ie, ACORN , where as a street thug he taught others how to threaten Banks and their employees if they did not grant bank loans to those who clearly could not afford the loan and had no means to pay the loan off.So using these leftist tactics and assisted by a sleeping electorate and a corrupt national news media he slithered into our Whitehouse and now you see the tremendous damage he has caused. It remains to be seen If America can survive this tragedy, it will take Divine intervention for America to remain intact in my opinion.

Have you had your medications today?

If the goal in Afghanistan is to eliminate the Taliban or make it a non-factor in Afghanistan, we have failed, and I'm not sure we can succeed. The people still support the Taliban.

I don't think the Taliban can defeat, or ever will be able to defeat, even a small element of the US armed forces in any pitched battle. So there may be an ugly withdrawal, but only when we decide to do so.

Moreover, we're not the only nation with troops there. Officially, even if it is only a sham, we have allies. Getting out will not be simple or pain free.

If the goal in Afghanistan is to eliminate the Taliban or make it a non-factor in Afghanistan, we have failed, and I'm not sure we can succeed. The people still support the Taliban.
Please.

The only support the Taliban gets, is from Afghanistan's fundamentalists; the same types you see in this Country (more-often referred-to as Bush's base.....people too-damned-ignorant to think for themselves....people who're always bigger fans o' goin'-along-to-get-along).

This is in no way any support, for those Afghanis, only to point-out how...once, AGAIN...fundamentalism has driven ALL-of-us into one-more-WAR!!!!

:mad:

Werbung:

I don't think the Taliban can defeat, or ever will be able to defeat, even a small element of the US armed forces in any pitched battle. So there may be an ugly withdrawal, but only when we decide to do so.

Moreover, we're not the only nation with troops there. Officially, even if it is only a sham, we have allies. Getting out will not be simple or pain free.

I do not like the Taliban at all and would be happy to see them gone but I thought it was Al-Qaeda's group with Osama who attacked us and was our threat, not the Taliban.

Back