Who agrees with Europe´s choice to ban the death penalty?

Do you accept it?

• I do; we eliminate the ones who would destroy our own lives

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • No; killing is wrong. We cannot stoop to the level of the murderer..

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • No comment.

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
Werbung:
Just look at Europe , where the death penalty has long been abolished everywhere there.
Murder rates there don't even come remotely close to ours. Does that tell you anything ? It should.
Also, every U.S. state which does not have the death penalty has a lower murder rate than those which do !

Just look at Europe , where the death penalty has long been abolished everywhere there.
Murder rates there don't even come remotely close to ours. Does that tell you anything ? It should.
Also, every U.S. state which does not have the death penalty has a lower murder rate than those which do !

some states do, some states do not. has far more to do with the population of the state.
not a whole lot of anything in Maine but lots of killin in Illinois.

Our murder rate has a lot more to do with gang wars than with the death penalty or anything else.

agreed. all you have to do is map where shootings occur and it becomes plain as day. perhaps if more of those kids had fathers they wouldn't been to seek out father figures in the form of gang leaders.

agreed. all you have to do is map where shootings occur and it becomes plain as day. perhaps if more of those kids had fathers they wouldn't been to seek out father figures in the form of gang leaders.
If they had good, responsible fathers, then they would be far less likely to join gangs, however the local sheriff's deputy told me about a three generation gang family operating in a nearby town, son, father, and grandpa.

Joining the right gang, the one that has good drug selling turf, can be a good career move, you know.

If they had good, responsible fathers, then they would be far less likely to join gangs, however the local sheriff's deputy told me about a three generation gang family operating in a nearby town, son, father, and grandpa.

Joining the right gang, the one that has good drug selling turf, can be a good career move, you know.

if not the turf then the nads to take it by any means whatsoever. yes sometimes crime IS the family business take the Corleones for example.

I am against the death penalty. If we had it Lindy Chamberlain would have been hanged for a crime we now know she did not commit.

We have different degrees of murder here. Murder in the first degree....heck yeah.

I live in Texas. Kill someone here.....we'll kill ya back.
I do however agree with the post there needs to be 100% certainly.
Unfortunately several people have been wrongly imprisioned here (mostly black) and this is wrong.
I am sure somewhere in TX history men were wrongly executed.
But I firmly believe, if you've murdered some one with forthought and malace.
Get a rope! Rape a child, get rope! You get the idea. Just how I feel.

I'm against the government having the power of life and death over anyone, even a convicted murderer. Throw them in a Supermax and throw away the key.

If, by some miracle, they're found later to have been wrongly convicted, then the key can be found again.

Anyway, with all the appeals, it's actually cheaper to keep them locked up than it is to execute them.

Werbung:
I'm against the government having the power of life and death over anyone, even a convicted murderer. Throw them in a Supermax and throw away the key.

If, by some miracle, they're found later to have been wrongly convicted, then the key can be found again.

Anyway, with all the appeals, it's actually cheaper to keep them locked up than it is to execute them.

the cost would be far less if the appeals process were speedy as opposed to taking a decade or more. lawyer bills add up.

Back