Who are Mitt Romney's 47 percent? A breakdown

Werbung:
Does it really matter? The world is in crisis and the media is obsessing about Mitt's 47% comment?

They are trying to dupe us again? Many on the left will fall for it as they always do.

Does it really matter? The world is in crisis and the media is obsessing about Mitt's 47% comment?

They are trying to dupe us again? Many on the left will fall for it as they always do.

"Oh....look over there....I see something shiny"

Can't look at the meltdown in the economy , or the al-Qaeda attack in Libya. Tomorrow will be something else shiny, and the day after that....

If you listen to the entire speech Romney gave while being secretly recorded, he cites the Fed as the big problem. The Fed is buying government debt. He said once the Chinese, Japanese, and others stop buying our debt, it will cause interest rates to rise. Apparently few see the problem with this set up...but Romney sees it clearly and he stated the whole thing is going to crash if something is not done. It is too bad the many Ron Paul voters have not seen these comments.

Here is the transcript: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/09/full-transcript-mitt-romney-secret-video
Romney: Yeah, it's interesting…the former head of Goldman Sachs, John Whitehead, was also the former head of the New York Federal Reserve. And I met with him, and he said as soon as the Fed stops buying all the debt that we're issuing—which they've been doing, the Fed's buying like three-quarters of the debt that America issues. He said, once that's over, he said we're going to have a failed Treasury auction, interest rates are going to have to go up. We're living in this borrowed fantasy world, where the government keeps on borrowing money. You know, we borrow this extra trillion a year, we wonder who's loaning us the trillion? The Chinese aren't loaning us anymore. The Russians aren't loaning it to us anymore. So who's giving us the trillion? And the answer is we're just making it up. The Federal Reserve is just taking it and saying, "Here, we're giving it.' It's just made up money, and this does not augur well for our economic future.
You know, some of these things are complex enough it's not easy for people to understand, but your point of saying, bankruptcy usually concentrates the mind.

What's your opinion?

If you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce it tastes much more like prunes than rhubarb does.

images

well he's close to right to say that of those not paying income quite a lot will never vote g=for him which was the real point in the exchange he had. if this does nothing more than wake up the 53% its well worth it.

well he's close to right to say that of those not paying income quite a lot will never vote g=for him which was the real point in the exchange he had. if this does nothing more than wake up the 53% its well worth it.

The former SC justice David Souter recently said the biggest problem America faces is many Americans are unaware of what is going on and do not care. I think he is on to something.

How many people do we know who are completely oblivious of politics? Many Americans have dropped out. And many who do pay attention, only do so in limited ways allowing the lib media to influence their opinions.

How many people do we know who are completely oblivious of politics? Many Americans have dropped out. And many who do pay attention, only do so in limited ways allowing the lib media to influence their opinions.

I run into very few people who understand what's going on and what is at stake. Oblivious is the correct description.

Many talk about Romneys's 47 percent - but what are the facts? Read this:
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/who-are-mitt-romneys-47-percent-breakdown

What's your opinion?

Excellent! Thank you for bringing it to us, Walter.

It is obviously too easy to use partisanship to criticize or approve of Romney's unsavoury comment. . .it is a lot more constructive and fair to look at all that is wrong (and right) about that comment by demonstrating how complex (and therefore misunderstood by many) the issue is.

Romney made two mistakes with that comment: One, he demonstrated either his lack of sensitivity toward the "47%" or his lack of caring (or both). Two, he muddled the issues by not speaking clearly about which "47%" he really was talking about. I, for one, took it as a general snare at "Obama's supporters," and I wonder if the "muddling" of the three groups was purposeful to discredit those "Obama supporters."

I do know that I certainly fit in the first group (Obama supporter), and I do fit in the second group (government benefits, since my husband and I are retired and benefitting from social security and. . .in his case. . .medicare), but not in the third group, since I pay Federal taxes every year . . . So, does that make me one of the 47% and should I be offended?

Or should I feel it doesn't concern me and push it aside as a moot point. . .although a ridiculous "mistake" by a wannabe Presidential candidate?
Well, I am offended that a wannabe Presidential candidate can be that judgemental and/or misinformed about the American people who he wants to lead, and that such an "educated" man can be that callous about any group.

I run into very few people who understand what's going on and what is at stake. Oblivious is the correct description.

I believe some of the people you may THINK do not know what is going on and what is at stake are actually extremely knowledgeable and atuned with what the stakes are. . .and this is why they will vote for Obama!

But their determination to vote for Obama is probably what you would take as an indication that they do not "understand what's going on and what is at stake"

So. . . . I wonder which group is the most "oblivious!"

I believe some of the people you may THINK do not know what is going on and what is at stake are actually extremely knowledgeable and atuned with what the stakes are. . .and this is why they will vote for Obama!

But their determination to vote for Obama is probably what you would take as an indication that they do not "understand what's going on and what is at stake"

So. . . . I wonder which group is the most "oblivious!"

My darling Open Mind is back....how I missed you.

You may have misunderstood. Most oblivious Americans are not voters... and those who do, vote the way the lib media tells them because they don't know anything.

What's your opinion?

Regarding Romney, it was a dumb statement to make regardless of his definition of the 47%. The GOP gets plenty of votes from people who receive benefits and tax breaks and he knows that.

Regarding the coverage, a stupid little off-the-cuff statement from Romney gets put under a microscope for days. Obama/Biden have made many questionable statements and not only are they not analyzed and broken down by the MSM often they are held up as stealth campaign material. If Romney had made some of the statements Obama/Biden have recently made about alternative energy and the extremely misleading statements about GM in particular, there would be no end to the media outcry and "fact-checking".

Makes no difference to me though, I'm not voting for either one of these Social Democrat clowns.

Werbung:
My darling Open Mind is back....how I missed you.

You may have misunderstood. Most oblivious Americans are not voters... and those who do, vote the way the lib media tells them because they don't know anything.

No, I'm not "back." I am dropping in as I wish, but there really is no reason for me to be an integral part of a forum that is so skewed and so biased in the treatment of its members based on partisanship alone.

I do agree with you that too many people will not vote and others are misguided. . . too many Fox News addicts are the prime exemple!

Back